It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vegan diet cures cancer++other diseases

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyboytml

Originally posted by johnrobca

Originally posted by tommyboytml
reply to post by Gseven

These vegan body builders will be supplementing i will guarantee you that!

All bodybuilders suppliment ... so whats your point?

My point is that the poster i replied to was implying that vegans can gain huge muscle mass just by being vegan and not supplementing with protein etc. Not possible sorry!

You mean, supplementing with a vegan protein powder?
I know some vegan bodybuilders who don't supplement at all, but the ones that do, use vegan supplements. So what? The argument isn't about supplements, it's about meat eaters vs. non-meat eaters. The point is, there is far too much stereo typing in regards food consumption in relation to body type. Far too many people associate a body type with certain types of foods and make assumptions based on that, then regard them as fact. The fact is, you CAN (and they do), get more than enough protein to build muscle without supplements and without meat. You just have to do your homework first!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
raw vegan blood tests
www.youtube.com...

72 YEAR OLD VEGAN SHOWS LITTLE TO NO SIGNS OF AGING -FOX NEWS
mimi kirk 72 year old vegan.. showing little to no signs of aging
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

thanks,

i'm now vegan again and wish to stay this way...

now is my time to go for the highest vibrations possible for the Human body

woot!

hugs

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I was a vegan for 3 years. for animal rights reasons, and I still am a vegetarian of 7 years.
I had read all of these "great effects" that it had had on others and I was very excited to experience these!

I'll admit that it did make me feel superior to others

the constant "oh wow!!! how do you do it!?!?! I could never do that!"

but I never actually ate a HEALTY, BALANCED, vegan diet.
I just felt fatigued and miserable, and heres why:

unfortunately it lead me down a dark, slippery slope. I had lost A LOT. of weight. (which was good, because I was extremely overweight as a kid) and I unfortunately let it get to me..
It led to me eating anywhere from 400 to 800 calories a day, with out me every consciously trying or monitoring this. eventually it turned to me fasting for days upon days. up to five or six days with consuming NOTHING but water.

I eventually lost the "control" and turned to bulimia for three years.
I would purge anywhere from 2 to 6 times a day, every day. food is on your mind, ALL of the time. yes, I'm serious. it is the first thing I would think about when I woke up, I'd think about it all day, and then I would think about it before I would go to sleep. HECK. I'd even had dreams where I would binge and NOT purge what I ate, and I would wake up. TERRIFIED. trying to figure out if it was just a dream or if it was reality.

I would be freezing cold every day. (there were days where I could wear up to 7 sweaters, no joke) I went from 220 pounds, to 128 pounds at 5'9.
I passed out and started convulsing at a concert.
I'd have involuntary hand spasms and other body spasms. my sports coaches, teachers, family, and friends would constantly ask me if I was mentally and physically okay. I would experience memory lapses that could last for hours. I honestly don't even REMEMBER, much of that time period in my life really... it's all just like.. a blur, kind of. or like my mind just skips over it...

I was bitter, I isolated myself, pushed away all of my friends and family, and I just let myself go deeper and deeper into this hell.

I'm doing much better now:
It has been one year as of this month that I have not purged my food. :]
it is still an ongoing struggle for me though, with my body image and food itself, and I realize that it probably will never go away.

I'm not saying that this could happen to ANYONE. it's my personality, my past, and my experiences that lead me into this.

I just ask, or beg, really, that anyone that chooses a vegan diet does so for the right reasons, and carefully monitors their intake and makes sure that they are getting enough calories and nutrients to nourish your body. please.

I'm sorry I went into "preachy- mode" but I just don't want anyone to ever feel like I did. just please be careful if you do chose to make such a life style change.
(I always HATED when people called Veganism a "diet" xD)
it can be such a wonderful thing!

edit on 31-3-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

Wow -- Glad to hear you're better and it's great you can help others.

This is what I can offer others for help a new podcast from qigong master Chunyi Lin on self-healing and healing others

He does emphasize diet in this podcast -- he recommends for someone to eat 2 kiwis a day plus goji berries -- not just that of course.

But the focus is on the love healing energy through meditation.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
my wife is a fruitarian, shes eats 90% raw.....very happy, she feels best when she is all raw, lots of life..more than most peeps i see...

but hey, it's all a choice

lots of myths on diet out there, if you took the time to research you will find the Truth

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Tony Wright has amazing research on how fruit is the secret to being a true human
edit on 2-4-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

i;m gonna check that out, thanks

i feel best when i'm vegan/organic...

if i slip up and eat cheese or something at a fast food place i pay for it with stomach aches and tiredness as my body tries to process the dead food

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Dr Gabriel Cousens - Spiritual Nutition - Vegan

talk about veganism...

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Best Speech You Will Ever Hear

Gary Yourofsky's entire inspirational speech on animal rights and veganism held at Georgia Tech in summer of 2010. Listen to this amazing speaker who will blow away the myths, fill your mind with interesting facts, and help you make ethical choices for a healthy heart and soul. His charismatic and straightforward style is one of a kind - a must-see for anyone who cares about nonhuman animals or wishes to make the world a better place.
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join