It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vegan diet cures cancer++other diseases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
believe what you want, but Truth is Truth...

The feature film Forks Over Knives examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.
www.forksoverknives.com...

do you believe mainstream media, governments, fda and any other so called authority or do you believe yourself?

fyi...
Plant Foods Have a Complete Amino Acid Composition
circ.ahajournals.org...

i'll share more when i can find some time

i love you all very much...

please share, let's wake up!

thank you

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Vegans are also pretty skinny with not much muscle weight, and would generally have more health problems than an ordinary healthy balanced diet with the exception of cancer (IF) this is true.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A friend of mine believed this, when she got cancer. She refused conventional medical treatment because she believed a combination of diet, meditation, yoga and crystal healing, could cure her.

She died 6 months later. Of what was a very very treatable form of cancer.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My best friend of 12 years went vegan 5 years before she became a victim of breast cancer. The cancer spread from lymph nodes to her breasts, leaving her finally with 7 tumors in her brain. She died at 43, did not smoke or drink, and refused to even take pills coated with gelatin.

Sorry, not buying it. Cancer takes who it wants.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
But I have a love affair
with Bacon

what am I gonna do

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
All you gotta do is stand next to a horse.
Check out the muscle structure
and consider not a single KFC pc went toward its makeup.
I know our metabolism is different but still, no meat and you look like that??

Sign me up.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity would this diet include processed food made to look like real meat such as veggie nuggets, toferky imitation meat hamburger patties etc...?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i will not put down my knife ! i will not put away the meat dammit ! my teeth are designed for both meat and veggie chewing and so is my digestion !

i refuse and i put my hands in my ear and yell BLAH BLAH BLAH

veggie side

1) Vegetarians suffer fewer heart attacks than meat eaters

"Longevity studies of vegetarians produce conflicting data. Some studies do not show that vegetarians live significantly longer.25,29 Two studies of people who consumed very little meat showed an average life-span increase of 3.6 years"

www.lef.org...

"Vegetarians are often deficient in vitamin B12, and those who avoid meat have long been advised to supplement with B12. While vegetarians are slightly more likely to suffer anemia than are meat eaters, this does not by itself explain why they do not enjoy greater longevity in their later years."

take that vegetarian tree huggers!!!

"Vegetarian food leaves a deep impression on our nature. If the whole world adopts vegetarianism, it can change the destiny of humankind.
Albert Einstein"

screw albert! mr. know it all !

there is only one true answer here imo

eat your veggies and meat

ratio 80 percent veggies 20 percent meat every serving !

problem solved !

i will not give up my STEAK

I am MAN i eat MAN FOOD

oh yea you plant eaters!!!

"Plants And Signaling
Scientists have discovered that plants use a form of electrical signaling that spreads throughout the plant when one of its leaves is injured. This signaling is similar to the electric signals that spread through our nerves when humans are injured.

The electric signals in plants, called “system potentials”, are not exactly like the electric “action potentials” in the nervous systems of animals. But they do have certain similarities. Both kinds of electric signals travel very quickly from the site of the wound to distant parts of the organism"

indianapublicmedia.org...
edit on 20-6-2011 by seedofchucky because: don't question me reason box!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfric
Vegans are also pretty skinny with not much muscle weight, and would generally have more health problems than an ordinary healthy balanced diet with the exception of cancer (IF) this is true.

That's not really true unless you just eat a bad diet. I mean if you just ate potatoes and carrots it ain't gonna be too healthy.

Conclusion

In summary, not enough is yet known about vegan mortality to draw any conclusions other than that vegans do not have unusually high rates of mortality and they probably do better than the average person due either to diet or a healthier lifestyle.

veganhealth.org...

I think the main thing is people don't have to be complete vegies, but we should get away from the traditional meat based diet. Too much meat is far worse for you than no meat.

Meat is also bad for the economy. The space, and money, it takes to raise cows could produce far more food, such as grains etc. Raising cattle also is detrimental to the environment, one of the biggest causes of greenhouse gasses.
edit on 6/20/2011 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I could probably get use to not eating red meat, as I don't eat a lot of it anyways. When I do it's in very small portions. However, I couldn't give up chicken, seafood or dairy. Especially dairy...I love everything from milk to ice cream and most any kind of cheese.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You can be healthy and help prevent cancer and still be Vegetarian, Vegan or a meat eater. Its just getting the right diet for you and without any of the crap they put in most mainstream food. Its expensive but it can be done either way.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsychology909

Thats a ridiculous comparison, horses are no way similar to humans....it was consuming meat which actually made humans more intelligent due to increasing the brain size / density. Look at a vegan, then look at someone who eats a healthy balanced diet. Tell me who LOOKS healthier, the skinny chump or the more muscular one

edit on 20-6-2011 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
S&F for you I love stuff like this my GF is a vegetarian and I greatly respect her choice. I think about everything I eat with a face, I fish but don't hunt yet. But I believe if you eat meat you should have to kill it yourself. To show respect for the animal.A person should feel bad when they eat meat. Tell the animal you're sorry for taking it's life in a prayer if you must like the natives use to do, I know that's what I do. And by the way my opinion is that vegetarianism in North America is due to the availability of fresh produce from warmer climates What happens when the supply lines are shut down what will you resort to for the much needed fat you will require for a cold weather climate?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

I don't think we should be eating animals. The way the industry now operates is horrific.

However, I do think people are really far too obsessed with what they eat. It doesn't matter what you eat it all comes out the same the other end. I think the best thing to do is eat as little as possible. Only eat what you need to get by. I don't care if you are on a vegan diet , i think all food on this planet is contaminated in some way or other. A vegan diet in japan at the minute aint gonna be the best idea.

The biggest flaw with the human being is the by product we produce after eating. Its of no use for anything. We fill our oceans and rivers with it. Its buried in the land. Doesn't this tell you anything?
Surely we can evovle to a stage where we won't produce as much of this byproduct of eating. We should reach a stage where we can sustain ourselves on stuff like light/energy/water and as little food as possible.

I think they have come up with dogfood now where the dog only has to defecate once a week. Now thats progress. I have 2 dogs and mountains of crap to clean up.

Anyway , eat as little as possible. stop adding to all the crap on the planet already. And vegans crap too!!

edit on 20-6-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I posted a thread about humans being natural plant eaters...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

please check it out

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

You will likely grow considerably older! LOL

See ya, Milt

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

your using the wrong vegans to make a point about all vegans. theres plenty of strong vegans out there just its a little more difficult to maintain then with the high protein diet. theres that football player vegan that does like 2000 situps and 1500 push-ups every day then theres that brendan brazier guy.
i love my multivitamins but there more likely to give me cancer then my raw diet. im thinking about going on 100% Vega Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer for a month but im kinda confused as to wether this stuff is considered processed foods.
edit on 20-6-2011 by gougitousakusha because: replyed to wrong post

list of vegan/vegetarian athletes
edit on 20-6-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Wulfric

That's not really true unless you just eat a bad diet. I mean if you just ate potatoes and carrots it ain't gonna be too healthy.

Conclusion

Meat is also bad for the economy. The space, and money, it takes to raise cows could produce far more food, such as grains etc. Raising cattle also is detrimental to the environment, one of the biggest causes of greenhouse gasses.
edit on 6/20/2011 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

[QUOTE MESSED UP, my comment is below]
I disagree, (can't find a link right now however) CO2 actually rises with the temperature, not the other way around. Furthermore I partly-agree with you about the traditional meat-based diet because nowadays meat quality is terrible...if you eat the non-GMO fed stuff you'll generally be healthy if you follow a balanced diet.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gypsychology909

All you gotta do is stand next to a horse.
Check out the muscle structure
and consider not a single KFC pc went toward its makeup.
I know our metabolism is different but still, no meat and you look like that??

Sign me up.

To each, their own, I reckon! I certainly don't want to look like a horse!

See ya, Milt

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

This can't be true as my son who has been Vegan for 24 years had Stomache cancer recently. He's OK now, but had to have a portion of his intestines removed. In my opinion we are meant to eat meat, hence the canine molars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join