It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Custom Fitted Tin-Foil Hats.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

List of Crazy in the Alternative Information Crowd

1. David Icke
2. Alex Jones
3. Sorcha Faal
4. Dwight York
5. L. Ron Hubbard
6. Sheldon Nidle
7. John Hutchison

1. David Icke

Claim to Fame:

Son of Jesus? Also the key figure in creating the Reptilian overlord conspiracy...

At the heart of his theories lies the idea that the world is becoming a global fascist state, that a secret group of reptilian humanoids called the Babylonian Brotherhood controls humanity, and that many prominent figures are reptilian, including George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II, Kris Kristofferson, and Boxcar Willie.

Quotes:

I am a channel for the Christ spirit. The title was given to me very recently by the Godhead. David Icke

I couldn't walk down any street in Britain without being laughed at. It was a nightmare. My children were devastated because their dad was a figure of ridicule.
David Icke

In the Atlantean period there were many energies being used and information and knowledge being used which were, for particular reasons of safety, withdrawn, shall we say, to prevent complete catastrophe, to prevent total destruction of your planet. David Icke
More

Proof he's right?

2. Alex Jones

Claim to Fame:

General idiocy, exaggeration and fear mongering. A debacle a few years ago with Charlie Sheen and a hoaxed letter. (Supposedly the biggest story of his life...)

ATS Thread 1

ATS Thread 2

3. Sorcha Faal

Claim to Fame:

Serial hoaxer, poser of the opposite sex. Article writer for alternative media sites that promote hoaxes and an continuous stream of BS.

ATS Thread 1

ATS Thread 2

ATS Thread 3

ATS Thread 4

4. Dwight York

Claim to Fame:

Created a cultish style following declaring he and his cohorts "Newabians". Ended up being convicted of child molestation and sentenced to 135 years in prison in 2004.

Used over 50 aliases. Was a singer at one point...

Pen pals from prison:

In October 2004 York wrote a letter from prison to his followers that read, in part: On August 12, 2004, just days before court, 3 visitors came to me, Crlll, Alomar, and Saad, they healed me. They came from Zeta Reticuli. I had not seen them since I was a child in Teaneck, New Jersey. They don’t age at all.

Anyway, they told me the game is almost over. Those that truly love you are coming together for you. They are passing the Great Test. I asked them why I could not just walk out? They said, "Because there is an order to the Kosmos that must never be altered" … Many inmates have seen me float. That is why they keep moving me away. It is because people Canaanites as well are converting inside.

More

ATS Thread

5. L. Ron Hubbard

Claim to Fame:

Science Fiction writer that moved on to created his own religion. Was apparently once quoted as saying:

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion." Read more: www.time.com...

Funny, that Scientology followers have to spend money to get closer to god (or his alien equivalent).[Xenu]

Hated the IRS and loved money.

Further Reading

6. Sheldon Nidle

Claim to Fame:

Teaches people about our "galactic society"
via a book you can buy for around only $20.

ATS Thread 1

ATS Thread 2

ATS Thread 3

Heavy on the Alien nuttery:

The Galactic Federation of Light was founded over 4.5 million years ago to prevent inter-dimensional dark forces from dominating and exploiting this galaxy. At present, there are just over 200,000 member star nations, confederations or unions. Approximately 40% are humanoids and the rest are varied forms of sentient beings. Most members of the Galactic Federation are fully conscious beings.

Light on the true prophecy:

• Between March of 1995 and December of 1996, Earth would enter the Photon Belt, an immense ring of light particles (whose presence scientists have somehow not yet managed to recognize), that will transport the entire solar system close to the Sirius star system.

• The Photon Belt would elevate humans into a higher state of being, from the third dimension, skipping 4-D altogether and going all the way to 5-D: a semi-ethereal shared consciousness between all humans.

• Before the Photon Belt arrives, alien "counselors" from the Galactic Federation of Light would land on Earth to help prepare us for our new consciousness, teaching us not only how to speak telepathically with other people, but also with the dead and with plants and animals.

7. John Hutchison

Claim to Fame:

Supposedly worked on some secret projects for the government, including the Philadelphia experiment. Time travel, invisibility and all the good stuff. Known for his videos of making troll dolls and ice cream levitate in his horribly unkempt apartment. Also claims to have made Zero Point Energy....

Loved everywhere by the ladies?

ATS Thread 1

ATS Thread 2

More

There used to be a real good web page out there by someone who claimed Hutchison stole his idea and the power/effect that John discovered. It was over-the-top pseudoscience and crackpottery and was a great read. Wish I could still find it...

That's all for now. Some people may I ask why I lumped certain nutters together, (Some much worse than others) But they are all crackpots in my opinion. So I have about equal respect for all of them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
David Icke sure is crazy but I think there is some truth in a a lot of what he says. He's like the real life equivalent of Mel Gibson in 'Conspiracy Theory'.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
David Icke is not crazy

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
David Icke sure is crazy but I think there is some truth in a a lot of what he says. He's like the real life equivalent of Mel Gibson in 'Conspiracy Theory'.

Surprisingly, he is on the lower end of the scale of crazy with the other people presented.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

David Icke sure is crazy but I think there is some truth in a a lot of what he says.

Of course there is.

That's why he hasn't been charged with slander or sued for defamation of character.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What is the point of this thread? How many Icke & Jones bashing is enough to satisfy you guys? If you don't like them, then don't listen to them! They don't FORCE anyone to listen to them nor do they ask anyone to do anything at all.

Icke writes books, Alex makes documentaries.... and if you didn't learn anything from either of these guys, then you either never really listened to them.... you live under a rock.... or you are just not into reality much at all.

Reptilians... who knows, it's an ongoing investigation, a theory. The elite sure do act cold blooded and reptilian most of the time so in that regard, we are ruled by the reptilian brained inbred elite.

Get a hobby dude, try bettering yourself instead of bashing others you don't agree with. You get nothing accomplished in the end for these efforts.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

David Icke sure is crazy but I think there is some truth in a a lot of what he says.

Of course there is.

That's why he hasn't been charged with slander or sued for defamation of character.

Or because he has no credibility and no one really cares what he says. Hmm, but, I suppose you have a valid point. Why didn't the Yes Men get nailed by the corporate companies they pulled pranks on?

Why don't you guys get sued/arrested? Our targets, while horrible, aren't entirely stupid. They've probably heard of the McLibel case

Could be a case that no one wants to bring attention to the guy. For reasons that some of what he says is sorta close, or it's all nuttery and they don't want him to develop a larger following.

See number 4.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You need to look at number 4 again. There is a reason I put that person in with the others. If the idea is to enlighten people, or "wake them up", what good are these people doing if they mix everything they say in with half-truths, lies and manipulate them?

I don't claim to be a bringer of truth, but I sure as hell like cutting down the BS.

Hold people to standards, and have them meet them... Then maybe you can be enlightened.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
When it comes to David Icke, you either completely "get it" or you don't understand a thing he says. Can someone describe a painting to a blind man? The blind man will want proof, but he's blind, so no matter what you try to tell him, he will never understand.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Hasn't been SUED you say?

edit on 20/6/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
S+F, OP you could probably expand this list by a great many more characters.

I wouldn't agree that L. Ron Hubbard is crazy, except to say he is crazy - like a fox. He was laughing all the way to the bank, putting his sci-fi writing skills to good use to earn a damn sight more than a "penny per word". I just wish he had done the world a favor before kicking the bucket and let the world in on his little hoax religion, now we're stuck with some truly deranged individuals spreading the crazy (like Tom Cruise).

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, OP, you forgot to add Harold Camping, a new uprising star of propheting community.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Hasn't been SUED you say?

Well, I guess that settles that then....

reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Very true, crazy as a fox. But you are only ever as smart/sane as your followers.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
4. Dwight York ?

I know but he banged in some crackin' goals
playin for United didn't he ?

Footnote :- David Icke played footbal professionally, as a Goalkeeper !

Don't think Dwight scored against him though !

Anyhoo Icke is a crackpot !

Peace

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

8. Harold Camping

8. Harold Camping.

Claim to Fame:

Predicts the end of the world while collecting cash from people who wouldn't need their monetary gains after the world ended.

End result:

World didn't end but Camping's left side of his face did. Suffered a stroke and the sun kept rising. Maybe he was predicting the decline of his useless life?

Harold Egbert Camping (born July 19, 1921) is an American Christian radio broadcaster.[2] He is president of Family Radio, a California-based radio station group that spans more than 150 markets in the United States. Camping is notable for applying numerology to his interpretations of Bible passages to predict dates for the End Times.[3][4]

His 2011 end times prediction was that on May 21, 2011 Jesus would return, the righteous would fly up to heaven, and that there would follow five months of fire, brimstone and plagues, with millions of people dying each day, culminating on Oct. 21, 2011 with the end of the world.[5][6] He had previously predicted judgment days on May 21, 1988, and September 7, 1994.[7][8]

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

boncho,boncho,boncho... :shk:

surely you are aware that icke was still coming down from his ayahuasca experience/ kundalini event when that interview, at the very beginning of his "career" at that,...

OH NOEZZZ DUDE!!!!!:Jawdrop:

you've gone and made a similar gaffe here!

edit on 20-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: smileys

Originally posted by boncho

Surprisingly, he is on the lower end of the scale of crazy with the other people presented.

mmmmkay
edit on 20-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You can say whatever you want about David Icke, but the majority of what he says is true. As far as conspiracy theorists go he's one of the most concise, accurate, and thought-provoking of them all. Unlike Alex Jones, he encourages us to open our hearts and live in love instead of succuming to fear. Icke is great.

edit on 20-6-2011 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sorry Boncho but this thread failed when you put Icke together with Harold Camping

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If a reptilian caused the world to end, would Alex Jones be reporting it?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

nice catch

uh, you have read those quotes from children of the matrix "defaming" Warman
cause ironically this suit actually sorta proves ickes claims of censorship against Warman

"Warman, from his home in eastern Canada, now seeks to prevent me speaking anywhere on the planet and if anyone wants to know how easy it is to control the world, they should look at how easy it is to stop freedom of speech without moving from your desk. All he does is check on my website where I am speaking and waits until a few days before the event to ensure that there is not enough time to find another venue. he then either rings the venue or sends them a package claiming I am an anti-Semitic and will be blaming Jews for a global conspiracy, something he knows from his own experience is not true."

it's from 2002, what was the outcome of this case?

edit on 20-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

edit on 20-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: momentarily fastidious about punctuation added quote

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join