It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things That the Mainstream Media is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I emailed this article to numerous relatives who need more awareness. Its a good article.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AverageJoe1

You are responsible for yourself.
If people are too dumb to inform themselves and don't take precautions, it's their own fault.

Aw gee, how swell.......hope you end up being one of the first to go under if things ever go Mad Max.

I took precautions, even when I bought my Volkswagen pickup-truck. It has an old fashioned diesel which is a self-combustion engine that works without any form of electricity and it can withstand an EMP.
So, when 90 percent (or more) of the other cars in Europe will stall (even modern diesel engines like common rail diesels ), I will still be able to drive.
Gas? Who needs gas? My engine runs also on vegetable oil.
Mad Max, here we come!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

With all of these things going on, it almost makes me wonder if this Weiner story was fabricated to keep the attention where they want it. What does he care about his reputation? They can set him up for life and he can go away.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
America can NEVER repay its debts. The entitlement programs are going bankrupt. And inflation / hyperinflation will erode what’s left of the Dollar’s value.

Snipping to draw attention to the entitlements part of your post...

Countries all over the world are realizing these entitlements don't work. The problem is - the majority of people have no LOGIC center in their brains. They will freak out about the government going broke, but when the government says, "we have to remove your favorite entitlement to stay afloat", the people riot in the streets.

Look at the reaction in Europe to "austerity" programs. It would be just as bad in the USA if you cut out (or reduced) something like medicare.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Apropos of media silence (I call it a form of lying to the public), I think our media has mislead the public for more than 20 years about the state of the US economy.

I think our economy started to really go downhill after the stock market crash of 1987.

I'm old enough to remember the "Nasty Nineties" -- the Clinton Years were nowhere as good as reported.

The real beginning of the end was Sept 11, 2001. Of course, it hurt the economy.

The Iraq War that started on March 20, 2003 (I was sick to my stomach when that was announced because I knew it would be a disaster for the US) -- I knew in my gut one of the reasons that war was started was to DISTRACT the public from a failing economy. Later it would become clear that not only was it a distraction, but a resource war.

I saw so many businesses around me fail since 9/11.

Do you know that TRILLIONS of Dollars have vanished from the US Treasury?

The economy was already bad BEFORE the crash of 2008.

I don't think TPTB have any real intention of reviving the US economy.

They have there own reasons for collapsing currencies & economies, and none of those reasons are good for the common man/woman.

edit on 21-6-2011 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Another is the fires in mexico that are burning wild... weres the mainstream media now?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Everything is going in stages and those stages are increasingly getting closer. The price of gas will begin to soar and shortly after that a special announcement will be addressed to the people explaining and mandating that there is only enough for the governments, military and their personal infrastructures. Civilians will not be allowed to use it at that point. After that they will make it illegal for civilians to use any of the highways and public vehicle roads.

All these things are to immomalize the population and keep you exactly in one place with few resources. That way when they have to round everyone up because we are all terrorists it will be a lot easier for them. At this stage ofcourse it will be illegal for anyone to leave their city or town.

They are not saying anything and they will continue to keep silent because it is to their benefit.

In terms of the disasters, well I think they know it's pointless to publicize what is a series of world wide disasters that cannot be prevented or stopped. Who is to say that some are not also being caused with the aid of their help and their secret technologies.

The domino has fallen and the domino effect is to follow.

Mainstream media is owned by that power that is bringing to us their brave new world against our will.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Do you even realize that you're "that guy"?

You know, the one that always needs attention, and needs to be the best? I bet you look in the mirror every day and tell yourself "Im an alpha male" while tucking your parts between your legs.

1) If the US is to fall, do you REALLY think that YOURE safe? Bad news for ya.. we fail, you fail harder.

2) do you really think you're being witty, trolling on an otherwise great topic?

Get a life man, of course you're entitled to your opinion, but try to be an original troll, as opposed to the same ol lame schtick

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Why should the MSM be reporting about NASA's emergency plan being issued to employees?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hmm If you were a member of the global elite ? Piecing together ways to off large numbers of the population. Wouldn't you employ the media to do exactly what we see them doing ? Why would you say anything ?
Or what is the media suppose to do ? ie Everybody run ! The radiation is coming ! " " " ".
edit on 21-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
"Reality Bomb" happening today! Lets make them report the REAL NEWS!

Mod Edit: Please see Terms And Conditions Of Use 15e) Advertising. Thank you - Jak
edit on 28/6/11 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jewston

It sounds like you're jealous because you didn't take precautions or you're not able to because you are probably a city-slicker. I've got a gut feeling ever since the 90s that society had its heydays before I became an interest in conspiracies. I've been taking real precautions ever since I did. You may think it's trolling but you would be better of if you would actually do something with the information.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Maybe the msm is thinking like this ?

edit on 21-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I agree with her to an extent. There are a lot of things out there that are overboard, however, as far as reporting on Japan, Nebraska, and other problems taking place that are important, this morning CNN spent time airing apple store dance videos and more on Weiner and Michelle's trip. No word on anything else mentioned in this thread. Some people however feel better when they live in a fluffy bubble, and want news delivered to them with sugar on top.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I dream of a day when medias will be based on objective criteria but every morning i wakeup and realize it's imposible and it will never happen...so i search the internet for the truth !

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I positive I havent heard anything on the cracks and splits in the earth crust. Have you heard anything else to what might be causing this?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm shocked and ashamed right now. I watched the news before work today, and they were doing the whole gossip thing like celebs are the most important thing ever to walk the earth. Then they did a tiny blip about how the oceans are facing a mass extinction.
SAY WHAT?! WHY THE HELL aren't we doing something??? Aren't we supposed to be the most intelligent beings on earth? Doesn't anyone realize that if our ocean is dieing, WE ARE GOING TO DIE ALSO!? This is sickening.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

I positive I havent heard anything on the cracks and splits in the earth crust. Have you heard anything else to what might be causing this?

Sorry to interject, but I think it's important for people to consider the idea that the military is building an expansive underground tunnel system as a possible cause for these cracks.

There are many sources (including Phil Schneider and others) who have claimed that a network of underground tunnels is being constructed under our very feet. This also seems to align with the reports of rumbling sounds all over the world, as discussed in these popular ATS threads:

Rumbling Noise Being Heard Around the World

Map of the Strange Sound Phenomenon Being Heard Around the World

Considering the rumors of what goes on in military underground bases, these tunnels could be a very bad omen. Personally, I think someone should go to these cracks and try drilling deep down into them, maybe 100 meters or more, and see what there is to see.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnus47

Your not interjecting, and I do share your views as well. But Michigan? There are some major military bases in Ohio(Wright-Patterson) but nothing in Michigan that Im aware of. Not sure if this is the cause. Most of the tunneling I have researched is in the Southwest(New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, Utah) and the East (Virginia, New York, ETC) but never heard of anything that far North.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mick1423
I dream of a day when medias will be based on objective criteria but every morning i wakeup and realize it's imposible and it will never happen...so i search the internet for the truth !

Let me just say that I absolutely love this thread - to echo what others have said, this is precisely why I always visit ATS and will continue to do so as long as I can.

What mick1423 has said about searching the internet to find the news has made me want to tell you all about what I have been getting worried about and I think it should be added as number 13 on the list.

We currently enjoy near complete freedom using the internet and we can keep ourselves informed and can spread word with impunity. What if the internet was somehow censored / controlled? This would drastically limit our freedoms and would play easily into TPTB's hands would it not?

You may wonder why I think this is possible - well the sheer number of hacker attack reports making news with some high profile companies being targeted - to name a few: Google, Sony, Lockheed Martin, British Office of National Statistics, Sega, Citi Bank, The US Senate e.t.c. There are even reports of Korea and possible China & Russia, actively training a "hacker army" of sorts to take down "the west".

It could lead to countries "closing their borders" so to speak from perceived hacker hostile nations (China, Korea, Russia e.t.c.) - they (TPTB) could use these attacks as a means of "securing/protecting their nation" and our way of life by "controlling" the internet.

In my head it is plausible. Below are some of the links I am referring to, although I am pretty sure the ATS community is well aware of these anyway.

Hackers hit Sony Pictures France site, grab 177K e-mails

Hackers Attack Sony, Sega, Citibank, Senate. Are You Safe?

Hackers 'steal entire 2011 census'

Hackers attack weapon manufacturer Lockheed Martin

North Korea recruits hackers at school

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join