It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things That the Mainstream Media is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I have just recent started playing that game. It is a very disturbing game, but i think it brings to light the fact that it could happen, and we should be prepared. I find it funny... 11 days after the nuclear disaster..the game was released, referencing the disaster IN the game. Last i checked it takes many months to code a videogame, and would take some time to add that in. So was it already coded in the game before?

Nah each gaming company has it's own tools to add/edit things, Changing some text takes less than 5 minutes, making an animation video takes less than an hour. if the game was already finished, adding content takes no time at all, whats takes up 95% of the time is developing tools to make the game and getting the engine running the way you want, after that its all cake and testing.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Whatever happened to the China protest? I read something like 100,000+ ppl were in it. Cnn only said 1,000. Isn't that news?>

It should be obvious that the structure of our human society and culture is breaking at the seams. We are losing control. We are destorying ourselves as predicted

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by joyride0187

You linked to this

Back on June 7th, there was a fire at Fort Calhoun. The official story is that the fire was in an electrical switchgear room at the plant

So lets see if the official story is 100% true (can you prove otherwise) you say there lying and if they said anything else they would be lying so the attitude is if its from an official source its a lie

Well I have listened to 40 years worth of lies re the end of the world, disclosure,unlimited power etc etc mostly from people on sites like this so who's worse!!!

The motto on here is DENY IGNORANCE thats becoming a bit of a joke!

Im kind of confused as to what you are trying to say. I never said "they" were lying. On June 8th there was a fire in an electrical switchgear room. Here is the event notification from the government:

www.nrc.gov...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Who cares about Wiener's wiener?
lmao

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
endoftheamericandream.com ? How do you people find stuff like that? The attitude towards the MSM on this site is retarded. If something doesn't get "enough" coverage (it usually does), then there's some sort of conspiracy. If something gets "too much" coverage (?), then there's still some sort of conspiracy. And if you're just finding out that we're operating in Pakistan and Yemen, then no amount of MSM coverage will help you.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
endoftheamericandream.com ? How do you people find stuff like that? The attitude towards the MSM on this site is retarded. If something doesn't get "enough" coverage (it usually does), then there's some sort of conspiracy. If something gets "too much" coverage (?), then there's still some sort of conspiracy. And if you're just finding out that we're operating in Pakistan and Yemen, then no amount of MSM coverage will help you.

The information has circled through ats way before that website collected all the news article into one list. That should mean something to you.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohhwataloser

Originally posted by AzureSky
I have just recent started playing that game. It is a very disturbing game, but i think it brings to light the fact that it could happen, and we should be prepared. I find it funny... 11 days after the nuclear disaster..the game was released, referencing the disaster IN the game. Last i checked it takes many months to code a videogame, and would take some time to add that in. So was it already coded in the game before?

Nah each gaming company has it's own tools to add/edit things, Changing some text takes less than 5 minutes, making an animation video takes less than an hour. if the game was already finished, adding content takes no time at all, whats takes up 95% of the time is developing tools to make the game and getting the engine running the way you want, after that its all cake and testing.

11 days before release they cant change the game because by then the game is already made and being distributed around the world. so.. pretty weird!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by stinavamp

Exactly. I dont always agree with everybodies view point on this site, but I can gurantee that everyone here is interested in obtaining the "truth".

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well if you are on ATS, you knew about all those.

I knew about all those... But maybe it's because I'm a news junkie...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Looks like the higher ups are preparing for the SHTF scenarios. These signs are warnings that people should start to as well. God knows what will happen in the next year and a half.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback

What the ATS user wants to see in terms of headline news is -very-different then most people, not that there is anything wrong with that. The honest truth is that is more "news" happening on this planet then any news agency could report to the satisfaction of all its readers. And news on ATS must be taken with as big a grain of salt as MSM. As I looked over the list of the "12" I got to the Nasa item and I had to laugh, Nasa can't even tell its employees to prepare for hurricanes during hurricane season without someone freaking out!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well,
nothing is ever what it seems and sometimes things are blown a little outta proportion.
happens here all the time,.
AS for the american debt. I own nothing of it,. the corporations that created it do.
and Ive no intention of paying anything into it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What's the big deal about #1? It says they were prepared for it and had everything under control.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
As we begin the shift into the last half of this year and move into 2012, we cannot help but sit back and watch, with apprehensive anticipation for what is yet to come. Our world around us is changing; physically, socially, mentally metamorphosing into something we have never experienced as a species. Over the next months and through the coming year these events will continue to grow. It has become undeniable that we are placed on the cusp of something grand, something larger than ourselves. For those who choose to remain ignorant, may there lives be blissful. For the rest of us, let us hope that the challenges which may face us make us stronger. But through it all, one thing will remain certain; we will never be told the truth. For that very reason it is imperative that we continue to inform ourselves.

Probably the BEST post I've read on ATS

Not been a member long, but been lurkin' in the background for years

Totally totally resonates with me and i'm sure it does others
edit on 20-6-2011 by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM because: typo

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the link...Wow, I've been checking up on the nuclear crisis in Japan and it is so horrible for both our planet and the people there...These people think they can just get away lying to us...Which in my opinion is because we're not smart enough to figure out if what they're saying is the truth and no one dares to demand truth...Doesn't matter which country it happens in, the same tactics are used to keep the many controlled by the few. What's going to happen when we run out of drinking water and we cannot eat anything from the ocean because it's all contaminated? It's a damn shame we are destroying the very life essence of us...Sorry for the little rant, going to post this link on my facebook, hopefully people read it. S&F

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is why the media reports on such things as the Weiner scandal, and the U.S. Open not saying the pledge of allegiance correctly..to keep the publics minds off of the real issues at hand in the world. This is the media smoke screen that has been going on since the inception of mass media

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I was wondering if you have viewed any of John Lears old posts ? some folks missed them but they are becoming more relevant daily.As the population doesn't usually use an open forum to discuss it.. due to the nature of topics have been suppressed by the controlling demigods. I believe it is far more exposed then they realize.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
S&F
and I'm sharing this with everyone I know
awesome find! ♥

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I don't think the MSM could survive if it ran the real news. I get the impression people want CSI type stuff, accidents, and human interest stories. I also get the impression that the real news "hurts" people who are subjected to it. I'm not saying they shouldn't be given the real news. I'm saying they would turn it off.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I live in NWFL, and I'll confirm that BP is still cleaning up oil off the beaches, I'll confirm there are still dead fish washing up, along with dead dolphins, sea turtles, and they claim it's "natural" so.. there's my update.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join