It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things That the Mainstream Media is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

If North Korea has that weapon, they should use it against the US.
The rest of the world would be better off.

What a fine example of how little we really have travelled on the evolutionary scale. North Korea compared to the US....yeah, OK.,...you're right....down with all 300 million evil Americans. By all means, they should wipe us all out and spend their fortune doing so. Forget the millions of starving North Koreans, their inability to acquire fresh drinking water, their lack of basic human rights......meh. Never mind. Waste of my breath.

This mentality is exactly why there will NEVER be global peace.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by Regenstorm

If North Korea has that weapon, they should use it against the US.
The rest of the world would be better off.

What a fine example of how little we really have travelled on the evolutionary scale. North Korea compared to the US....yeah, OK.,...you're right....down with all 300 million evil Americans. By all means, they should wipe us all out and spend their fortune doing so. Forget the millions of starving North Koreans, their inability to acquire fresh drinking water, their lack of basic human rights......meh. Never mind. Waste of my breath.

This mentality is exactly why there will NEVER be global peace.

For what the US has done to the rest of the world and their abuse of natural resources it would be a justified act!

BTW 300 million will die if there is a black out? Or will we see Darwinism at its glory days? A black out by a EMP can happen any given moment to the entire world.
Are you prepared for that?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I love ATS... Thanks for posting this. Sometimes I think I should stop reading things like this on here though...I'm going to be worried about some of that stuff for a while now. But if I stop reading I'll be in the dark about so many things...I don't know which is better: Knowing what is going on and having to worry about it, or living in ignorant bliss...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
the site on your link regarding the no fly zones has very legitimate reasons for the restrictions. The majority of the new No-Fly zones are for the aircraft aiding in the wild fires.
So to me that is a very good reason for the restrictions.

The msm could definetly do their jobs better by reporting news that matters and not all the fluff/murder crap pieces they run constantly. Power to ATS!!
edit on 20-6-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Excellent post and link...........starred was not allowed to flag this?

Number 9 and 12 are really not good, read "Lights Out by David Crawford"

#9 There are reports that North Korea has tested a "super EMP weapon" which would be capable of taking out most of the U.S. power grid in a single shot. The North Koreans are apparently about to conduct another nuclear test and that has some Obama administration officials very concerned.

#12 Over the past week over 40 temporary "no fly zones" have been declared by the FAA. This is very highly unusual. Nobody seems to know exactly why this is happening.

One of the declared no-fly zones that the article references (item #12) is the Fort Calhoun nuclear power plant crisis (item #1)?

Source: endoftheamericandream.com...

In fact all 12 things are creepy.

And I wonder how the Gulf of Mexico is doing by the way?

edit on 20-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
#13) The fact that barack obama IS NOT a natural born citizen (i.e.- born on american soil to american citizen parentS--plural), he feloniously released a forged birth certificate, he feloniously uses multiple social security numbers, he was a citizen of indonesia (which also disqualifies him from holding office), and his unilateral circumvention of congress to declare war in Libya makes him a war criminal. Obama is the one HUGE elephant in the room that media won't discuss at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Now that I have considered this thought, I must say that I can actually hear someone saying that North Korea was blamed for an EMP when it does happen!

I could even go as far as to say when the Sun hits us with an EMP someone else will get blamed too!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
this part sounds exactly like the "explanation" of the San Diego Cruise Ship that got EMP'd

#1 The crisis at the Fort Calhoun nuclear facility in Nebraska has received almost no attention in the national mainstream media.

Back on June 7th, there was a fire at Fort Calhoun. The official story is that the fire was in an electrical switchgear room at the plant.

They must just have a quick 7 excuse playbook that the PR people fall back on

Chinese Lanterns
Weather Balloons
small electrical fire

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There are probably hundreds of topics that could make this list, each more paradigm expanding than the last.

We have not yet begun the Age of Information, but it is upon us.

Amazing to me that these earth changes are going ignored by the MSM, they used to love this kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sure, one can get their news from this site, but only if they are extremely careful about sources. This article for instance, is from a source I wouldn't trust, and on top of that, the linked article references many more sites that aren't credible...Infowars is not a source, for example.

While this doesn't always negate what is being reported, most of it is fear-mongering, and too many of you blindly believe anything that is posted here, regardless of how absurd it actually is. What we need on this site are users who can get to the bottom of things, not who believe everything and anything that is posted without a credible source.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is what ATS is all about, reminds me of when I joined years ago - to examine news that ISN'T in the MSM. Whether it's proved as facts or just suspicions, it's still worth looking into.

At one time I thought it was a crazy idea that the MSM would steer the public away from real news and events, however after years of visiting ATS pretty much daily, I now know different.

Nice find OP

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I usually dont flag a thread when someone simply linked to someone elses work, however Ive made an exception.

Ive been telling people about these REAL current events, and how odd it is that there is little to no MSM reporting on these topics. Most of us on ATS are smarter than the average media sponge, and are far far more knowledgable about these world events that the govt/media like to pretend isnt happening.

In my opinion, its the things that DONT get reported on that you need to worry about.

Who cares about Wiener's wiener?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Casey anthony is the primary news lately, nothing else. it is probably the best cover up since O.J.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Actually, a good percentage of innocent people would die if we had an electrical blackout. All those poor folks who depend on modern medical equipment to survive. Also, those poor souls in hospitals recovering or those in the middle of surgery.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
Sure, one can get their news from this site, but only if they are extremely careful about sources. This article for instance, is from a source I wouldn't trust, and on top of that, the linked article references many more sites that aren't credible...Infowars is not a source, for example.

While this doesn't always negate what is being reported, most of it is fear-mongering, and too many of you blindly believe anything that is posted here, regardless of how absurd it actually is. What we need on this site are users who can get to the bottom of things, not who believe everything and anything that is posted without a credible source.

Usually I completely agree with you. News like this should be taken with a grain of salt however using google it was easy to find legit sources (that were not infowars, Alex Jones ect). for each of the 12 topics. There are also links in the article to legit MSM sources.
edit on 20-6-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverbullett
Actually, a good percentage of innocent people would die if we had an electrical blackout. All those poor folks who depend on modern medical equipment to survive. Also, those poor souls in hospitals recovering or those in the middle of surgery.

Back up generator? The only thing that would fail is in a WCS would be a large solar flare/EMP

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

You linked to this

Back on June 7th, there was a fire at Fort Calhoun. The official story is that the fire was in an electrical switchgear room at the plant

So lets see if the official story is 100% true (can you prove otherwise) you say there lying and if they said anything else they would be lying so the attitude is if its from an official source its a lie

Well I have listened to 40 years worth of lies re the end of the world, disclosure,unlimited power etc etc mostly from people on sites like this so who's worse!!!

The motto on here is DENY IGNORANCE thats becoming a bit of a joke!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I think the NASA emphasis on personal preparedness for surviving a catastrophe of some sort is spooky as hell.

My guess is that there's going to be a false flag op worse and more shocking than 9/11. It could be any number of scenarios, including complete dollar crash, nuke, or super deadly contagious disease. Who knows.

Our economy has been artificially propped up since the bank crash debacle. There has been an artificial 'recovery' but not a real recovery, so basically we are still suffering the recession which IMHO is a depression.

In the entire state of Texas, 8,800 unemployed people were hired in May. In the Dallas-Fort Worth area, an estimated 250,000 people are unemployed. Only 200 of them were a part of the 8,800 people hired statewide in May. The stats are according to a recent article in the Dallas Morning News. So, this is beyond pain. This is what people mean when they say "there are no jobs."

I've stocked up on food and water and stuff for survival. What worries me is home defense if our social structure breaks down and it becomes Mad Max out there.

2011 is shaping up to be a real bad year. 2012, well I can't imagine what that's going to be like.

I haven't counted on the mainstream media for my news in a long time. I do read BBC news online and I'm into rense,com, coasttocoastam, and drudge.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Awesome, because of the excellent work on ATS I do know about all of these, well, except the North Korean thing! I think if anyone has an EMP machine they would use it!

Sorry to say that to you but this is unbelievable ignorant. Now I say, if anyone had atom bombs, they would use it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverbullett

You are responsible for yourself.
If people are too dumb to inform themselves and don't take precautions, it's their own fault.
People that depend on medical equipment, sorry for them but manure happens...
You can also get killed by a rock-slide, earthquake or a flash-flood.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join