It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature takes over... Tree's eating things..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
My late Great Grandfather had a lilac bush in his back yard that had enveloped a few sets of deer antlers and and old wooden scythe, it was probably the largest lilac bush (it was a massive tree) ever. It looked awesome, especially in the spring in full bloom. I agree that trees and plants can feel, even if limited to the most basic "good" and "bad" feelings, but I don't think growing around or over something natural creates a negative feeling for them. This lilac bush thrived like no other, and was well loved by the whole family. I wish I had pictures of it readily available, it was really a cool tree to look at.

Cool post OP, if you're interested in trees that take over you should check out the tree bridges. =]

rootbridges.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
There is just something magical about nature taking back what was once hers.

That is why people enjoy that 'Life after People' show, I bet.

I for one would love to be around when the local strip mall has been taken back by trees and other plants.

I can just imagine those golden arches wrapped in tree trunk...

Goerge Carlin was right, the planet will be fine, it's us that needs saving!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As cool as it might look to see something being swallowed up by a tree..

It isn't really very good for the tree at all.

Take for instance a roadside or park planting, where nobody has ever bothered to remove the stakes and guards. Eventually the tree out grows them and swallows them up and eventually dies prematurely from poisoning of by choking on the guard wrapped around it.

An object inside a tree might cut off circulation to one side of the tree and cause die-off.

People who let trees get into this kind of predicament, thinking it looks cool are morons.
edit on 6/21/2011 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Now if only this could happen all over the globe! Except not eating us as humans lol. That wouldn't be too fun.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
cool thread

goes to show, if the world ended, it wouldnt take long for nature to take over.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My mom is eighty-five now (I take care of her). She's been in the same apartment now for over thirty-five years and every morning since the day she moved in, when she woke up, she would open her bedroom curtains and say "Good Morning!" to the eighty year old Maple tree (counted the rings) about twenty feet away. When they cut it down she even posted a eulogy! Someone suggested she make a memento from a piece of the wood and when I (youngest son and former woodworker) went out to find a piece of wood I could use I noticed a hollow. After I cleared away the sawdust I found this gently wedged inside it.... talk about a giving tree!

anglamarke.com...

Here's pictures of the hollow that was exposed after the tree was cut down....

anglamarke.com...

And a better shot of the hollow....

anglamarke.com...

The hollow is right near the base of the tree so it must have been placed there when the tree was still young.

<< 1  2   >>

join