It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins kept vigil on Irishman's body

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tncryptogal

That seems solid proof that this man who lost his life was one of the good guys....R.I.P Shaun McBride.

Dont entertain immortalgemini.......he doesnt always have the best way with words.

edit on 20-6-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
That is amazing and heart warming. It's sad though that they are being slaughtered in parts of the world. S&F

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

That seems solid proof that this man who lost his life was one of the good guys....R.I.P Shaun McBride.

Dont entertain immortalgemini.......he doesnt always have the best way with words.

And who in the hell are you?

Everybody see's through your act.
You cannot fight the love for dolphins and the dolphins love for life

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
True intelligence and compassion hold no boundaries. This story is proof positive of that.

Unfortunately, we can't say the same for some of the human species... and some posts on this thread are proof positive of that.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by A por uvas

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by ahmonrarh

And who in the hell are you?

Everybody see's through your act.
You cannot fight the love for dolphins and the dolphins love for life

everyone should get off their horses of any size. I'd just like to say that I heard here on ATS the other week in a different dolphin thread that dolphins will help an injured or bleeding human either back to shore or at least away from the dolphins because the blood attracks sharks which the dolphin do not often get along with.

compassion or common sense survival? either way it works out good for us more often then not...

Peace,
-Bob

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I think you need to not be feeding the need by buying that crap. As was stated before (and as you contradicted yourself, like most everyone does) dolphins are obviously far more intelligent and far more caring and nurturial than humans are capable of being for the most part. I would say to everyone on ATS if I could that eating dolphin or dolphin-harm causing products like tuna (regardless of whether the can says "Dolphin Safe") is just bloody wrong. We as humans think we're superior to every creature on this Earth yet we are the ones who could learn the most by studying it without ignorance (which is something else we are incapable of). I honestly think that for this planet to survive, we need to go, and we need to do it soon. How this is accomplished is beyond me but something tells me it will be soon (within 50 years I am certain).

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by lokdog

I would say to everyone on ATS if I could that eating dolphin or dolphin-harm causing products like tuna (regardless of whether the can says "Dolphin Safe") is just bloody wrong.

Very true, furthermore eating the dolphins food supply is in a way worse than eating the dolphins themselves as they die a slow agonizing death from starvation.

As this thread has reminded us all today, the oceans are on the brink of collapse. The thing about ecosystems is that you can push them and push them and then suddenly they just collapse unexpectedly and often irreversibly. As we have seen from the cod in Canada its not just a case of banning fishing for a while and expecting them to return.

Unfortunately when half the worlds population depends upon the ocean for their protein, the death of the oceans will take more that just dolphins lives with it.

Were about to destroy something of priceless value for a very small short term gain, its despicably foolish.

edit on 20-6-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So this makes incident one thousand and one that makes me wonder at dolphins. Specifically, it makes me wonder if killing them isn't committing murder.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
dolphins rock!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I've heard of that happening before. Dolphins have saved human lives. They've been known to chase sharks away too. Good people these. To say that a small bit of God is in them is correct.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Oh I love dolphins!

This story shows that they never fail to show kindness and care.

My mother always told me that if she were to be reincarnated, she would like to come back as a dolphin or lion. She in fact believes she might have been one in her past life. (She really loves dolphins)
edit on 21-6-2011 by FurthestStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I understand the lure of dolphins but they are wild animals.

July 6, 1999 Everybody loves dolphins, those playful models of animal wisdom, celebrated for protecting shipwrecked sailors and spending their days frolicking happily in the waves. Movies, television and water shows feature their antics. Nowadays, thousands of tourists swim with dolphins, captive and wild, with more signing up every day to commune with their animal intelligence. Most recently, a variety of organizations have sprung up that offer tours to places like the Florida Keys, the Azores and New Zealand, where participants can swim with wild dolphins and, brochures proclaim, experience emotional healing and spiritual awakening. But scientists, following a trail of bloody clues, are discovering that dolphins are far from the happy, peaceful creatures that humans think they know. Growing evidence shows that the big animals, up to 12 feet long, are killing fellow mammals in droves, wielding their beaks as clubs and slashing away with rows of sharp teeth. Dolphins have been found to bludgeon porpoises to death by the hundreds. Unlike most animal killers, which eat their prey, dolphins seem to have murderous urges unrelated to the need for food. They have even been observed in recurring acts of infanticide. Off Scotland, a scientist watched in shock for nearly an hour as an adult dolphin repeatedly picked up a baby in its mouth and smacked it against the water, over and over, until it sank from view. Off Virginia, researchers found at least nine baby dolphins killed, their ribs broken, their skulls and vertebrae smashed. One small body bore puncture marks matching the pattern of adult dolphin teeth. "We have such a benign image of dolphins," said Dr. Dale J. Dunn, a veterinary pathologist at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington, who aided the Virginia study. "So finding evidence of violence is disturbing." More widely, scientists and Federal officials worry about dolphins' injuring or even killing humans, especially given the rise in watching, feeding and swimming programs. "Wildlife can be dangerous," said Trevor R. Spradlin, a Federal dolphin expert. "But people see marine mammals differently, particularly dolphins. There's this misconception that they're friendly, that they're Flipper, that they want to play with people." Officials at the Commerce Department's National Marine Fisheries Service, where Mr. Spradlin works, have begun an educational campaign that sends out brochures to marinas, schools and fairs in coastal areas where people and dolphins interact, urging caution and warning of peril. "Dozens of bites have been reported," says one flier. "And people have been pulled under water. A woman who fed a pair of dolphins and then jumped into the water to swim with them was bitten. "I literally ripped my left leg out of its mouth," she said during her one-week stay in the hospital. Dr. Amy Samuels, a scientist at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution on Cape Cod, who studies interactions between dolphins and people, said injuries had been relatively minor so far. But she added, "Just because dolphins have a smile doesn't mean they're nonaggressive." In the United States, dolphin commerce is loosely regulated, and many countries have no rules at all. An American ban on feeding wild dolphins is routinely ignored by tour boats, which use food to lure dolphins nearby so people wearing masks and snorkels can swim among the creatures. And Federal rules on how to handle captive dolphins, completed last year, were suspended after swim centers objected to some provisions. Revised rules are not expected until next year. Many experts say tourist attractions will remain largely unfettered until a major accident occurs. "They're big, wild animals," said Dr. Andrew J. Read, a biologist at the Duke University Marine Laboratory who studies dolphin attacks. "And people should respect them as such."

www.fishingnj.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by schitzoandro
yes, thank you for posting that on a dreary monday morning, dolphins are so beyond our understanding, such highly intelligent creatures, and that is an amazing story... so long and thanks for all the fish!

What if dolphins are the next creatures closest to becoming humanoids in our solar system and we are getting to see it live right before they change....Which could take thousands of years or maybe hundreds but just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join