It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEAD at nuclear power plant in Japan. Cover-up started

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
No doubt there is a cover-up going on. This is how it is reported in Japan ... :
5 suffer heart, lung failure after nuclear power plant accident

www.japantoday.com...

So when were there 5 dead in a nuclear power plant the last time ?

Update :
Japantoday just changed the headlines (did they read this thread ? ...)

[edit on 9-8-2004 by MattMarriott]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I lived in Japan for three years - from 1983-1986.
The Chenobal accident in Russia happened at that time.
I remember the Japanese being VERY aware of when the
radiation cloud was going over head and to wash the
fruit, not to go outside, etc. etc. This went on for three
days, 'just to be careful' they all said.

I'm sure these feelings are a holdover from Hiroshima and
Nagasaki. (I visited Hiroshima while I was stationed there)

The Japanese are very aware of nuclear and/or radioactive
anything. I'm sure this will be BIG news there and
the people will demand, and get, answers.

[edit on 8/9/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
WAIT WAIT WAIT.....

WHOOP WHOOP - B.S. detector going off! This story was on CNN last night and at that time there were 4 dead due to 200 degree C steam burns....and the reactor had been "immediately shut down"...

WTF???

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
My bad...MSNBC, not CNN. Here's the story from last night:

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I doubt much to be alarmed at. The Japanese are very very strict when it comes to these thing. Any little fault anywhere with anything will bring down a reactor over here. As mentioned before Japanese citizens are very reluctant about nuclear facilities even being here. If the officials did not report every little incident, they would be forced out of office within days. Remember, the Prime Minister is not guarenteed his job like the US president is. There are not many scape goats as the top is expected to take the fall.

No cover up, this is just Japanese being pretty much open about every and all incidents in this area. There are tons of nuclear watch groups over here that will do their own testing, if anything is ever found they would be canned. Too bad more places are like that eh?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
"... but authorities said no radiation escaped in the accident, the worst ever in terms of deaths at a Japanese nuclear facility."

Here a reminder of the worst accident so far, that was fist reported as "no radiation leaked outside the facility " :

April 27, 200
Japanese nuclear plant worker, Masato Shinohara, 40, dies on the morning of April 27th, becoming the second person to die from Japan's worst nuclear accident, which occurred on Sept. 30, 1999 at a uranium-processing facility in Tokaimura, 70 miles, northeast of Tokyo. Masato Shinohara and two other plant workers had been directly exposed to massive amounts of radiation; and a total of 439 people including nearby residents were exposed to radiation in the accident. The accident was caused by human error when the three workers placed too much uranium in a solution and set off an uncontrolled atomic reaction.

new topics

top topics

join