It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A solution for Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Disclaimer: This may make plenty of people unhappy. However, it is an idea I wish to share.

My Thesis: Humanity is the most important thing on our planet. Everything else can be recreated as long as we exist to do so.

Proposal as follows.

1. A mass archival event. Take DNA/Sperm/Egg/Embryo/Seeds/Whatever is needed into cryogenic storage, or bio domes if necessary.

2. Sustainability... Power systems, future technology research, and most importantly... Engineered farming via skyscraper farms / farm-bio-domes / the likes. Other technologies may come along to improve the infrastructure to sustain humanity. (In example, CO2 cleaning machines. Saw a recent development in those.)

3. Can we feed the population, pull power from -any- means, and move forward in technology? If yes, then.

4. Strip the planet dry. Everything that can be used as fuel or resources. No conservation. Begin using the resources as needed to build an orbital ship-yard & fleet.

5. Pull an asteroid into orbit with new fleet of ships, or drones. Begin mining. A single large asteroid has enough resources to fuel society for a very long time. Combined with solar, nuclear, and future fuel sources, humanity now has the means for extended solar travel.

6. Moonbase and beyond. In -orbital- and -moon- resources alone, there is enough material to sustain humanity for our extreme foreseeable future. A future in which technology has time and room to grow.

7. At some point above we will reach a point in which there is no need to ruin Earth. Eventually we will be able to restore Earth. At that point we can use our vast resources to fix any damage done - re-seed the planet with the archived-life forms we made...and with our new green technology, either live on Earth in eco-cities for those who choose to, or leave it a wild life preserve.

Face the fact, nothing you do will "save" Earth at this point, within your lifetime at least. Humanity will not roll over dead for you no matter how much you call us parasites or a virus.

Technology has the capability to sustain humanity and restore Earth without removing us from the equation. So lets go forward, hands together, and build a future for society to thrive in.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Foxe because: Making it easier to read.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Foxe because: Removing personal opinion unrelated.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You really thought deep about this one.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
"4.Strip the planet dry. Everything that can be used as fuel or resources. No conservation. Begin using the resources as needed to build an orbital ship-yard & fleet"

lol what if your obital ship-yard and fleet fail to maintain orbits or the abuse of the vaccum of space? and all the fleets get ripped with problems you didn't forsee?

strip the planet dry ? were already doing that right now . I'm pretty sure shes past her climax point and its all down hill from here .

you don't have a solution

you have a sci-fi movie

beam me up scotty

there is only one way that can gurantee the longevitiy of earth and its inhabitants

thats to kill its cancer that pleagues earth today (humans)

what do you say for mass extermination of the human race? we all drink the spiked drink at the same time type thing or a mass new super human only virus that wipes out 7 billion people in a matter of days...

that way out bodies will decompose back to mother earth

the earth will move on her merry little way with her species

and the earth will balance it self out again hopefully not to create "human " species ever again.

earth wins

species wins

but were to selfish to ever consider that option arent we fellow cancer cells? =)
edit on 20-6-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

Mother Earth will sort out her own problems without our help, we are the source of her problems - she doesn't need us, but we need her.

We should be pandering to, rather than ravaging, our beautiful planet.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

200 years ago, flying machines were impossible. The wind currents would rip apart any machine flying to high. It was against 'god's' plan for man to fly. Hundreds of years ago, sailing to the edge of the Earth would send you off into the abyssal planes

Everything I have listed is feasible. Even if we strip the planet dry, it can still rebound. If life can survive the Siberian Traps and massive meteor impacts...

Remove us from the planet via technology, not mass genocide.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Foxe because: Closing addition.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe

200 years ago, flying machines were impossible. The wind currents would rip apart any machine flying to high. It was against 'god's' plan for man to fly. Hundreds of years ago, sailing to the edge of the Earth would send you off into the abyssal planes

Everything I have listed is feasible. Even if we strip the planet dry, it can still rebound. If life can survive the Siberian Traps and massive meteor impacts...

Remove us from the planet via technology, not mass genocide.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Foxe because: Closing addition.

removing us from this planet so we can infest another planet and spread the cancer of humans through out the universe?

good game plan skipper! but im out

We are not a gift to the universe and her planets we are a pleague that sucks steals pollutes and destroys .

Let me know when you wake up to reality

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I apologize but I disagree with you strongly. Humanity is the child of Earth. If we do not prosper then we have failed her.

Perhaps propose your solution? Beyond just vaguely killing humanity off.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Foxe because: Query.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

lol are you kidding me ? That sounds something extactly cancer would say ...

imagine if you could ask a tumor inside a human body why it infests its host?

what would it reply???

you can disagree all you like but you know deep down inside its true.

We are a pleague to this beautiful planet and all her species

mother nature . evolution made a big mistake with humans

how did we get to top of the food chain? by being greedy selfish consuming dirty species thats how!

We hurt earth more then anything else just from our existence. We steal her resources and # in her rivers and oil up the fishes and destroy our atmosphere and poke holes in our ozone layers and screw around with our magnetic field that protects earth !

we are not her children we are her cancer . Like joe rogan said if you look at cities from an airplane you can see how the cancer spreads

"If we do not prosper then we have failed her.

Perhaps propose your solution? Beyond just vaguely killing humanity off"

actually its our "propering" that has failed "her"

i would share my solution but humans are to SELFISH to ever even consider that !

its the same reasons tumors don't kill them selfs when they are in a human .

Thats why they are cancer because there unwanted sons of b#$#$ that keep leeching resources for its own survival .

Humans and earth are no differnt..

But humans would never agree to that because we rather watch it burn and go down with the ship

then do such a humble action of self extermination for the benifit of mother earth

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

i would share my solution but humans are to SELFISH to ever even consider that !

I'm sorry but, I could say, "humans are to afraid to even consider this proposal" in regards to my own; this is a place to share ideas and not simply rant and bash mindlessly on humanity's proposed tumoric like existence.

So please, enlighten me as to how you propose to cull humanity?

Death squads? Gas showers? Execution? Systematic murder? Human-targeted bio-warfare? Sterilization and simply let us die off? Do you want us all dead to prevent this future from repeating itself...or will you be choosing a select few to live? Will you spare the children or kill them as cancer too?

I'm open minded here, please, pull up a chair and share how you wish to cull humanity and save gaia?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

i already said how it would be done either we all have the drink at the same time or a human only killing super virus that wipes out every human regardless of where you hide .

there has to be ZERO humans left . Not a select few ! no restarts !

complete anihilation of the human species

and let mother earth go on her merry little way ...

imagine if mother nature could talk

we asked would you like the human species to be wiped off and never to return again ?

or do you perfer we stay and keep you company?

im sure we both know the answer to this .

Your under the dillusion that earth enjoys our company . But if she had a conscience

then all the hurricans

tsunamis

tornados

earthquakes

floods
etc

would be justified in her view to wipe out the cancer the best way she knows how ?

who knows the dinosaurs probably crossed the line and her "consciencesness" if she had one would've wiped them out ?

but humans are clever because we have tools to prepare for her wickedness and we can fight it off and last longer and adapt to her conditions she sets for us

kinda like cancer cells? =p

"I'm sorry but, I could say, "humans are to afraid to even consider this proposal" in regards to my own; this is a place to share ideas and not simply rant and bash mindlessly on humanity's proposed tumoric like existence"

they have to consider it first to get to being afraid of the dying part wouldn't you agree?

but there to selfish to even consider such an act of human extermination .

once they accept the fact that we are the cancer of this earth then they will dwell on the fear part .

but selfishness is far ahead of that its out of the question in the masses minds.

i would have no problem with it aslong as everyone else agreed and there was a fail safe way of doing it where there would be zero survivors .

Would earth be happy ? or miss us?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I still disagree with you. If it comes down to humanity, or Earth? I choose humanity. Humanity will always choose humanity. Even if it is bad for Earth, our self-preservation instinct will always win out no matter how much people cry otherwise.

I will leave you to your opinion. Have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe

I still disagree with you. If it comes down to humanity, or Earth? I choose humanity. Humanity will always choose humanity. Even if it is bad for Earth, our self-preservation instinct will always win out no matter how much people cry otherwise.

I will leave you to your opinion. Have a nice day.

of course you choose humanity ! just like the masses would . This is why i said how selfish we are .

Earth was kind enough to host us .

But were not hospitable enough to leave =)

terrible guests?

self-preservation instinct yes ! but there are some who would do whats right for the planet and the rest of her species

and recognize that we are the problem . and only real solution is self extermination for the continuation and logevitiy of planet earth and her kindgom

but thanks for taking the time good day to u

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
See the latest thread on a similar topic. "The most important thing on this planet...." is the planet!.
Not the crawlers upon it, I suggest that you need a more cosmic perspective rather than a local one.

'Course, that is understandable.

new topics

top topics

join