It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From a believer to the atheists.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Believe what you want to believe - or "believe in" whatever, it matters not to athiests like me or the universe in general. I have no argument with persons of faith - yet I have no need of faith, no need to "believe in" something.
Truth is what one chooses to believe - fact generally manifests in the material, corporeal realm.
Thoughts and Ideas are free, but if you catch one and decide it is the "truth" you've just turned an idea into a belief and if you elevate the importance of that belief eventually you'll manifest "faith". And all of this can be accomplished between your two ears, without any external influence. So choose your delusions wisely.

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Believe what you want to believe - or "believe in" whatever, it matters not to athiests like me or the universe in general. I have no argument with persons of faith - yet I have no need of faith, no need to "believe in" something.
Truth is what one chooses to believe - fact generally manifests in the material, corporeal realm.
Thoughts and Ideas are free, but if you catch one and decide it is the "truth" you've just turned an idea into a belief and if you elevate the importance of that belief eventually you'll manifest "faith". And all of this can be accomplished between your two ears, without any external influence. So choose your delusions wisely.

ganjoa

Thoughts aren't free. Noone including you truly has free thought. You obey laws, rules, and emotions. Difference is, the religious apply wher those thoughts and rules account to. We (need) God in the sense that he supplies breath to our lungs. This is a belief you cannot disprove, therefore your qoute (chose your delusions) is a delusion itself.

ad for the OP...

Dude I grew up non religious and I converted once I realized all this good stuff cannot come from nothing. The foods, the emotions, our private parts. The ability to feel pleasure. nothing cannot do this good of a job.

But you gotta let atheist talk. If you run into one, let them talk. Proof will be given at their death. Since nature and miracles weren't enough, they will get eye to eye proof.

Good day OP!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

Wow, you just cited conservapedia on philosophy? I'm sorry, but that's just idiotic.

The burden of proof is on the claimant, not the skeptic. Atheists are people who are not theists. That makes theists the ones making a claim. An atheist may make a counter-claim, but until that actually happens they do not have the burden of proof.

Seriously, don't argue against someone who actually does philosophy with Conservapedia which has been shown to be wrong on...just...so so so so so many things. And what I find sad is that it shines a bad light on those conservatives who are actually reasonable. It also shines a bad light on nonChristian conservatives. It also shines a bad light on...well...just about any sane person who would self-identify as a conservative.

Gold.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Believe in the facts you experience. Some believe for the good, some for the worst them wicked without experience.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join