It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falling Skies from Spielberg Premieres

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

I hadn't even heard of invasion untill you mentioned it. I'm mobile at the moment but i will look it up later on. Although if your saying it canceled almost straight away maybe i shouldn't bother then??

I was just thinking, ''The Event'' could have gone that way as well, although it has remained dynamic and interesting for me personally. It's just good to see a revival of sci-fi and something that has changed since the days of Star Trek.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Havick007 because: -

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So far "Falling Skies" seems like it might be a pretty good series. I was a little disappointed that it started off in the *middle* of a war with aliens, so I really hope they expand later on the actual invasion that took place. (which will involve flashback scenarios) I also did not like how TNT decided to show previews of what was going to happen in the next 5 min after the commercials.

Other than those flaws, not a bad start.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I didn't read the posts because I recorded the pilot episode last night and didn't want to find a spoiler. I hadn't even heard of it until this weekend. I was actually watching something else and an advertisement came on for it, so I recorded and am going to watch it this evening. I'll check back tomorrow and let you know what I think about it. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I'm in the same boat. Hope I get time to watch it tonight or tomorrow. Have to watch last night's Game of Thrones too.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I picked up Invasion for like 20 bucks at Target I think. I enjoyed it, suspensful - beautiful people, Florida setting - all a big plus. It's worth it, but it ends with a cliffhanger so you can make up your own ending I guess. It is actually a bit frightening - believe it or not it is a Shaun Cassidy written show - yep Shirley's son, David's brother, that Hardy Boy. Check it out, fun summer watching.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I was liking Invasion, but since I liked it, I knew it was doomed...and it was.. *sigh*

So far, I'm not liking how this starts right in the middle of the alien occupation... It'd be nice to have some flashbacks or something to give us some identity with these characters. And, the fun of seeing the initial invasion, etc.

Given the effectiveness of bullets and conventional weapons, it's hard to see how we'd go down so far without a major fight. For starters, many of our military vehicles are EMP hardened, so that explanation seems weak.

Still though, it's an interesting show, and the next episode looks promising.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I was liking Invasion, but since I liked it, I knew it was doomed...and it was.. *sigh*

So far, I'm not liking how this starts right in the middle of the alien occupation... It'd be nice to have some flashbacks or something to give us some identity with these characters. And, the fun of seeing the initial invasion, etc.

Given the effectiveness of bullets and conventional weapons, it's hard to see how we'd go down so far without a major fight. For starters, many of our military vehicles are EMP hardened, so that explanation seems weak.

Still though, it's an interesting show, and the next episode looks promising.

I was thinking the same thing, a little flashback to see why the military failed, when a simple outlaw gang seemed to have no trouble taking them out would be worth visiting. A little history as to what was originally stated to humanity when they arrived that made the general populous ignore the human trait of suspicion for anyone or anything that doesn't look like them that allowed the aliens to gain the upper hand. It is too vaguely gone over in the beginning by the children telling their stores, and needs to be elaborated on.

The series has the potential to be a good series but if they keep at the current pace without a a much needed back history or flashbacks, I am not sure if it can last.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

None except one of the most prominent theories about the Anunakki.
Coming to help or hinder.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

I'm from Australia, so had to download it ... watched it late last night on the laptop.

Amazing - I loved it!

I hate the daily grind of life, and to see the cast forge together into a community was a breath of fresh air.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I watched the first two and they really should have broken it up into two hour segments for both, the story seemed really convoluted and confusing in parts because of the time constraints. But I will give part three a shot maybe that will explain somethings that the first two missed.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
OK.. I watched the pilot episode and the first weekly episode and so far so good. I really like it. It's well done and a good cast of characters. There are quite a few characters, but so far it's easy to follow because the pilot 2 hour episode give good details as to who is who. I hope it stays on track and keeps doing well. I give it 2
Really enjoying it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join