It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something horrible is going to a happen today!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
why can't anti predictionist people just drop it...
you act like you being charged by the minute, this ain't no Miss Cleo, no one is asking for credit card.

maybe making the predictions forum no points like the website forum might help.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
or perhaps making the predictions forum something that you have to buy at the ATS store. So that if you really don't want to read it, just don't buy that forum.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Let me ask you this. Do you really think that people who post on here care whether you think they are a genuine psychic? They don't. Personally I don't care what people think of me, online or off. I don't come here to impress anyone, I come here for me, for the posters who offer good valid and sometimes entertaining information. If you don't think any of the predictions will come true, take them with a grain of salt. Pretend there's fine print on the bottom that says "for entertainment purposes only"

My doctor told me to avoid too much salt.

It's more about your credibility, than what people think of you.

We all know the story of the boy that cried wolf.

Some of the predictions that get posted here are so general they may aswell say "Something bad will happen to you sometime this year.....or maybe next year.......or maybe to someone you know......in fact you may not even know them....!!"

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If 1 out of 100 of the predictions is true, don't you think it's worth reading? If only 1!

Some people have bad feeling all the time and they KNOW something will happen but they don't talk about it. What if they are right and they don't say anything. Should they feel guilty because others don't want to hear the annoying prediction posts anymore?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So tell me, how many lives have been saved by the predictions made on this website, I'll take a guess, none....!!

Because most every prediction is taken with a pinch of salt, and in the back of your mind you're thinking this is so general it could me anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
IT�S A PREDICTION FORUM!

People come here to make a prediction SIMPLE!

If you dont like it don�t come in here,

IT may have not saved any life�s BUT how many have kept there eyes open that little bit more on the predicted days?

How many have looked just that little bit more carefully around them!

So i turn i think it serves its purpose,

One day someone may post a predition that really saves lives! WE hope that this kind of event never happens,

So PLEASE get on with posting what you will, but let have no more of this thread drama,

Dont like it dont post

Asala......

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well done "Asala", so if anyone out there doesn't actually have a prediction but just a general statement about what might happen in the next 1000 years, you're probably just best keeping to yourselves.

PREDICTIONS ONLY PLEASE

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
In the last four hours I have had a major feeling something is going to happen at first I feared it was within my own family but then the feeling seemed to be more that something within the US would happen, something major that is going to affect us all. I feel its going to equal or be worse than 911 but hit us all throughout the country. I don't usually get premonitions but this one I feel very strongly about. Hope I'm wrong and nothing horrible happens to any of us.

Err... let me guess, you probably started to have that feeling after you posted this topic, right?
Expecting the worst possible comments from the entire ATS community.

Have no fear mate, it happens a LOT with me, when i think my "weird" lines of thought, may be too much controversial to the majority of people.
Relax...
The World isn't going to End.... not Today!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
IT�S A PREDICTION FORUM!
People come here to make a prediction SIMPLE!
if you dont like it don�t come in here,
IT may have not saved any life�s BUT how many have kept there eyes open that little bit more on the predicted days?
How many have looked just that little bit more carefully around them!
So i turn i think it serves its purpose,
One day someone may post a predition that really saves lives! WE hope that this kind of event never happens,

So PLEASE get on with posting what you will, but let have no more of this thread drama,

Dont like it dont post

Asala......

Now i'm IMPRESSED!!

Congratulations Asala! You said what can be said. Period!

Everyone should respect one of the first things ATS Forum, teach us: Freedom in expressing your thoughts. At least that was the idea that i received, and that's why i registered here!

Cya all later!!

HARAK.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The FBI fires attentive and productive translators [Sibel Edmonds], when they point out that lazy and enemy operatives are on staff. The US relies on Chalabi for information on Iraq.

The Predictions forum's record is equal to the US (0:0) and it doesn't cost taxpayers a dime.

Someone here may begin to get some correct predictions, when they do I will have to quit teasing them.

Keep on predicting. If you don't take some swings you will never learn to bat.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Man, Koka, if you're so against these prediction threads, perhaps you should stop reading them?

I personally am glad that very few of the predictions were correct. I mean, imagine if they were!

Holy hell we'd all be in WW8 by now!

I take every one with a grain of salt, but I keep my eyes open... after all, you never know.

And for those of you who don't like predictions? Don't read them. Simple. No one asked for credentials to post in this forum. There is no "card-carrying psychic" here... so you can't put standards on predictions... all you can do is weed out the probable/possible from the bizzare and go from there.

Meh... drama sucks... especially on such mundane things as a prediction.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
You are wrong.

Bad things will happen to some people because some people perceive things to be bad and look for bad things.

What will you do on this thread in 24 hours when there has been no major bad thing happen to a collective of people at ATS?

Bad things will happen(you're correct). Bad things are happening all the time around the world to people, places and animals. Examples are; rape, murder and destruction, and these are not perception. We don't have look for bad things, they are happening all around us because we live on a planet where bad things happen, it's that simple. The object of the game of life is to lend in whenever possible to *prevent* bad things from happening, to ourselves, our loved ones, our friends and anyone else we care enough about.

A few points to consider are:
1. Some people are 'gifted'(or cursed)-however you may choose to perceive it- with precognitive abilities.
2. Some people think they have this ability, but do not.
3. Some people do not have this ability at all.

Magestica
(as a side note; I knew I'd love you more today than yesterday, and that is NOT a bad thing happening)

[Edited on 8/9/04 by magestica]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
*stalking magestica *

1. We know some precogs don't we?

2. Today is not a day when "bad things" will happen on a grand scale. Otherwise Arnold Schwarzenneger would have told us.

3. No wonder I could not reach you.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

What will you do on this thread in 24 hours when there has been no major bad thing happen to a collective of people at ATS?

Celebrate!

Let me join you!

A Gin & Tonic to start...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Celebrate!

Let me join you!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Sorry readers for the flood of masks.

My first G & T seems to have me seeing double.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Terrible things happen everyday in this nation. Our view of what is good and terrible might not be right. Like it's terrible that 4,000 more abortions happened today but some don't think it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Celebrate!

Let me join you!

Celebrating doing the happy dance, nothing bad happened I feel better! Wow I started this thread expecting nothing I figured no one would even notice and it was like everybody and their brother and cousin was complaining, and then forum rules were changed. Thanks to the ones who offered support. I felt like just a little bit of the complaints came from people being fed up with all those color coded terrorist threats coming from Washington and saw my thread as somehow part of that. At any rate I'm thrilled nothing bad happened other than me getting beat up a little on ATS.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hold your horses "Istanbul hit by 'terror' blasts", maybe this is what you had your major feeling about "Two people were killed and at least seven others injured in the blasts early on Tuesday......"

You probably just got the wrong country.

Now, I apologise openly to goose, for my harshness in this thread, it's not my intention to discourage those who have gut feelings or preminitions. I am not immune to having similar occurances myself, but pay little attention as have no recollection of having specific detail to pinpoint where or when things will occur. I believe it is within everyone to have this capability, but very few are capable of correctly interpreting the signs.

So to goose and all those who told me to not read the predictions threads.

If you title your thread "Something horrible is going to a happen today!" or something of a similar nature, people are going to read it, and they will be looking for specific information that will give some idea as to when and where. I will say no more on the matter.

Keep posting, one day you will be right, and I will be sorry.

PEACE

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
...that vague, largely incorrect predictions and their obligatory criticisms will always be with us.

I predict that I will be a prolific source of the former, and pray that I am kind-hearted whenever I may be the source of the latter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join