It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something horrible is going to a happen today!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
In the last four hours I have had a major feeling something is going to happen at first I feared it was within my own family but then the feeling seemed to be more that something within the US would happen, something major that is going to affect us all. I feel its going to equal or be worse than 911 but hit us all throughout the country. I don't usually get premonitions but this one I feel very strongly about. Hope I'm wrong and nothing horrible happens to any of us.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
You are wrong.

Bad things will happen to some people because some people perceive things to be bad and look for bad things.

What will you do on this thread in 24 hours when there has been no major bad thing happen to a collective of people at ATS?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
You are wrong.

Bad things will happen to some people because some people perceive things to be bad and look for bad things.

What will you do on this thread in 24 hours when there has been no major bad thing happen to a collective of people at ATS?

Celebrate!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Very good answer goose!

Never be afraid to share your "feelings". Being wrong isn't near as grievous as being right and keeping your mouth shut.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yes Val. But if everyone shares their "feelings" in this way, wouldn't ATS just be a mess?

Goose's prediction: Something terrible might happen today.

Now I don't know about you, but I see that as a complete waste of time. If nothing big happens, is Goose going to be put down for his post? Doubtful.
If, on the other hand, there is some sort of incident, we suddenly have a poster whom many will be lauding as a bona fide prophet.
The fact that there are no specifics other than a gut feeling makes this prediction worthless in my opinion.

Leveller's prediction: "Something might or might not happen today."
I know this to be true because I have a gut feeling.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Yes Val. But if everyone shares their "feelings" in this way, wouldn't ATS just be a mess?

Goose's prediction: Something terrible might happen today.

No just the predictions forum would be a giant mess. Would keep asala, Gazrok, RANT, Zzub and all the supermoderators on their toes though

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
But why does he need to be "put down?" I'm trying to find the requirement for this forum that you know you're right before posting in it.

This is the way I see it - if a person has a feeling (read foreboding), premonition, vision, dream, or "psychic whatever" so strong that they are willing to share it knowing full well that all they have is this sinking feeling in their gut, but no idea if there's something to it, why can't we allow them to do that if for no other reason than a therapeutic outlet for them?

If we can't do that, then the Prediction Forum either needs to be completely done away with, or needs to be renamed the "Shooting Gallery" with a warning that if you share your feelings in here you're up for ridicule and denigration.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Glad you shared. If something happened and you
didn't share, you would have felt guilty. If nothing
happens, then you are still comfortable enough
to share you feelings with people. Perhaps someone
here could put your mind to ease and be of a
help to you.

If folks don't want to read your 'I have a feeling',
they can skip the thread and go read something else.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Val. Surely a prediction needs to be more than just "I have a "feeling" something is going to happen, but I don't know what"?

If predictions are allowed to be so non-specific, then surely this section of the forum is being de-valued? As my prediction stands above, it is as valid as Goose's, yet it is also as completely worthless.

I don't see anything in the news at the moment that points to either a terrorist strike or a natural disaster that gives credence to Goose's prediction occuring today. But the law of averages states that somewhere along the line there is a chance that Goose could be right merely because his statement is so non-specific. I can't go along with a non-specific prediction that provides nothing in the way of credence other than a poster's gut feeling.
The opening post is therefore not a prediction in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think this one has specificity.

He states the date: today.
He states the location: U.S.
He states the degree: "worse than 9/11" "will affect all of us"

It's not like this can be meant to cover a 40 car pile-up or something. How much more specific does the poster have to be in order to be able to post here without being challenged?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Can't we stop this prediction S***! Everytime it turned out to be fake and that is very anoying. I intent to read all new topics and it's just a waste of time. Maybe it's better to do this at an prediction forum.

Im not saying it's not good that someone post their predictions, but I got the feeling that these days everone says to have just a feeling or make a prediction and try to scare everyone.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
Everytime it turned out to be fake and that is very anoying. I intent to read all new topics and it's just a waste of time.

I agree. Whats the point in having a forum where it is only used to try to scare and trick everyone. IMO, this whole forum should be removed. There were much less of these hoaxes and predictions when the predictions forum wasn't here.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
well, before you end the prediction forum, all I can say is well, when your walking down that road, with those $100,000+ homes on each side with for sale signs on them, all price under a dollar.....think of me!!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I agree. Whats the point in having a forum where it is only used to try to scare and trick everyone. IMO, this whole forum should be removed. There were much less of these hoaxes and predictions when the predictions forum wasn't here.

The point is, what if the one time someone posts a prediction it actually happens and it saves lives? What if you have a "feeling" that something bad is going to happen? Don't you think that you have the right to share it with others? If you don't want to read them, then don't click on them, you have that right.

I don't see anything in the news at the moment that points to either a terrorist strike or a natural disaster that gives credence to Goose's prediction occuring today.

You don't see anything in the news?? I don't know what news you are reading but I see many potential disasters. Let me give you a few:

Suspicious Package Closes Border Bridge
Security alert at Pakistani mission, embassy
Bomb Scare Thursday and Newport Fred Meyer
Suspicious liquid forces evacuation of police bureau
TEXAS - Wal-Mart customers sickended after substance sprayed in air [ Substance unknown, posibly pepper spray]
Bank customers exposed to mysterious substance [ Multiple bank branches hit ]
Mail carrier discovers powder in two boxes

These are just a few headlines of the News Sources I frequent. Any of these could spell potential disaster. Shall I go on? I have more.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
for those who dislike the prediction forum, my advice to you is to avoid and don't read the threads, I am not into weaponry and aircrafts and i have no problem disregarding the various threads that pops up, why can't you do the same?

it's a very simple solution and that way you can refrain from insulting, knocking or dismissing someone's "feelings, visions, dreams, etc".

i don't think people who post here are trying to scare or trick anyone, with the exception of a few, but those are usually easy to see thru, i feel we share these "thoughts" in hopes preventing them or taking the shock out the event. I have always felt that events seen in visions can be changed if people are aware of it, and then perhaps their intuition can kick in when needed, remember to every action there is a reaction no matter how hard to prove and connect sometimes, it's still there.

the thing about predictions is that you just don't ever know until it happens or don't happen, but when so many people, most of them quite normal without any pronounced pyschic abilities are all picking up on the same vibe, you have to at least give it a chance.

as to the original post, I don't know if today is the day or not, but I share your sense of fear, which kicked up a notch for me last week when i had the train dream. what people fail to understand that right now, the next minute, the past five minutes, many moves were and are being made by people in all walks of life that could change the outcome of what happens next.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

Suspicious Package Closes Border Bridge
Security alert at Pakistani mission, embassy
Bomb Scare Thursday and Newport Fred Meyer
Suspicious liquid forces evacuation of police bureau
TEXAS - Wal-Mart customers sickended after substance sprayed in air [ Substance unknown, posibly pepper spray]
Bank customers exposed to mysterious substance [ Multiple bank branches hit ]
Mail carrier discovers powder in two boxes

..and which one of those news stories was "goose" talking about, or is he/she allowed to pick anyone...??

I predict that "goose" will be a little more careful next time he/she posts a tale of non-specific foreboding.

I predict GB will not win the Olympics, and more Iraqi police trainee's will be killed by suicide bombers very soon.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I agree that anyone who doesn't like predictions should just avoid posting here.

It is entirely possible that one of these days, someone is going to predict a major event, perhaps with sufficient information for those who take heed may avoid a catastrophe.

By belittling everything that anyone posts on this board, each of the detractors are intimidating others who wish to do no more than share their feelings and what they believe to have validity.

But intimidation of others can prevent many from posting here. So why don't the detractors just take a hike over to another ATS board they like to read?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

..and which one of those news stories was "goose" talking about, or is he/she allowed to pick anyone...??

I believe I was addressing Leveller who said:

I don't see anything in the news at the moment that points to either a terrorist strike or a natural disaster

I was merely pointing out several news headlines that could lead to potential disaster. Do you disagree with the fact that some of these are serious headlines that could be life threatening to many in this world?

The attack on the WTC and the Pentagon happened in the United States, yet the ENTIRE world felt it. They all were affected by those attacks.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal

I believe I was addressing Leveller who said:

I don't see anything in the news at the moment that points to either a terrorist strike or a natural disaster

I was merely pointing out several news headlines that could lead to potential disaster. Do you disagree with the fact that some of these are serious headlines that could be life threatening to many in this world?

The attack on the WTC and the Pentagon happened in the United States, yet the ENTIRE world felt it. They all were affected by those attacks.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

I agree, but can't anyone post, on a daily basis, a prediction of impending doom, hoping that one day everyone will see them as a psychic.

And this has nothing to do with not liking predictions, but alot to do with how general peoples predictions tend to be.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I agree, but can't anyone post, on a daily basis, a prediction of impending doom, hoping that one day everyone will see them as a psychic.

And this has nothing to do with not liking predictions, but alot to do with how general peoples predictions tend to be.

Let me ask you this. Do you really think that people who post on here care whether you think they are a genuine psychic? They don't. Personally I don't care what people think of me, online or off. I don't come here to impress anyone, I come here for me, for the posters who offer good valid and sometimes entertaining information. If you don't think any of the predictions will come true, take them with a grain of salt. Pretend there's fine print on the bottom that says "for entertainment purposes only"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join