It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia won't allow creation of a Jordan Maxwell page

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Jordan Maxwell, one of the most productive pioneers and researchers on many topics of interest to ATS members, doesn't have a wikipedia entry. And wikipedia won't allow anyone to create one! While every tween singer with one song can have a page, the information spout which is wikipedia doesn't give the public either a chance to find a summary of Maxwell, his work, and/or links to his own papers, recordings or research or to create such an article.

I haven't asked a wikpedia admin about this as yet, and decided to bring it here first. Has anyone found a similar case, or have any guesses as to why a Maxwell page cannot be created? And if I or someone else does contact their admins, can we tell them that there are many compenent writers and researchers from ATS who are ready and willing to write and polish a Jordan Maxwell page (those of us who have wikipedia accounts)? And maybe someone who has more contact with their admins can broach the subject to them. Thanks.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Aleister because: few words added for clarity

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Well, i agree that there should be a Jordan Maxwell page and i am surprised that there isn't.

I will go and find out.

Thanks for bringing this to ATS member attention.

Cosmic...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

You're very welcome, I look forward to hearing what you find out. I haven't run into this before at wikipedia, especially regarding someone with such a long career and prominence among his peers.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Twitter is corrupt. Archaeology, education, media and just about any source of influence to the population is corrupt. It doesn't surprise me therefore that Wikipedia, Facebook and Twitter appear to be quite amazingly corrupt. I posted this thread about NATO using Twitter to fight Gaddafi.

They are all steps towards total globalism.

Thanks for exposing this.

S+F

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2011 by IamCorrect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IamCorrect

I read your post before you took it down, and you gave some good information. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Strange that it is deleted after the page is created.

I found something interesting, when i enter Jordan Maxwell in Google, the auto complete offers a wiki and the first page hit is the Wikipedia entry for Zeitgeist but after a search on that page Jordan Maxwell does not appear anywhere.

Google Search Results - ''Jordan Maxwell Wiki''

hmmmmm.

Here is the Wikipedia deletion page regarding Jordan Maxwell and it gives the reasons behind the deletion -

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

* 22:26, 8 November 2006 Theda (talk | contribs) deleted "Jordan Maxwell" ‎ (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Jordan Maxwell closed as delete)
* 20:04, 2 November 2006 Samuel Blanning (talk | contribs) restored "Jordan Maxwell" ‎ (78 revisions restored: proposed deletion contested at WP
RV)
* 13:40, 8 October 2006 Mackensen (talk | contribs) deleted "Jordan Maxwell" ‎ (prod - wp:bio concerns; appears to be a self-serving vanity piece)

Link to Wiki Page

edit on 20-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Jordan who?

Second whine.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Wikipedia has a notability requirement for biographical entries, otherwise everyone on Earth would create a page about themselves, turning Wikipedia into Facebook. I have never heard of Jordan Maxwell, so I assume the Wikipedia editors haven't either.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

To be honest any public figure that is known should be added to Wikipedia, it's a general database of just about anyhting and anyone (except for private citizens etc)

Here is his website -

www.jordanmaxwell.com...

The original Wiki delete reason in 2006 was because they beleived it was self serving advertising and not a general information page.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Wikipedia has a notability requirement for biographical entries, otherwise everyone on Earth would create a page about themselves, turning Wikipedia into Facebook. I have never heard of Jordan Maxwell, so I assume the Wikipedia editors haven't either.

Surely they'd at least look through the work and decide whether it was beneficial to the honest education of the world. If they didn't decide that it was beneficial then we know something wrong is going down.

I'd say there probably definitely was something wrong going down. Internet censorship is becoming increasingly rampant.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

That is fair enough but then you have junk like this taking up space on Wikipedia -

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Why are you asking me Jordan who? When you created the thread..... did i miss something?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Well, then one unexpected by-product of this thread is introducing him to some people. This guy has been researching topics relevant to this site since 1959, and much of his work apparantly goes uncredited when it is built upon by others (including major hollywood producers and writers). I'll let others more knowledgable of his contributions flesh this out a little if they feel so inclined.

And when I said "Jordan who?" it was a joke reference to you not finding his name in the Ziegiest wikipedia page.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Aleister because: answering a poster

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Are you Jordan Maxwell?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

lol. If I were Maxwell I'd be working on getting information out to the public instead of laying around posting here. Then again....

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by DJW001

That is fair enough but then you have junk like this taking up space on Wikipedia -

en.wikipedia.org...

looool thanks buddy i needed that laugh to start off my day

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well either way now i know his name and before you started this thread i didnt, so...... good work either way

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

lmao oh yeah what a waste of space and time, i actually started a thread called Planking WTF in the rant forum hmmm i just dont get the hype around it. A guy even died trying to ''plank'' on the balcony of an apartment block... and he was drunk.

A complete waste of time!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

A complete waste of time!

So was goldfish swallowing, phone booth stuffing and pet rocks, yet as a cultural fad they are noteworthy, hence, covered in Wikipedia. If Jordan Maxwell wants to be in Wikipedia, perhaps he can set a goldfish swallowing record or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join