It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official - Humans ARE the Sixth Extinction Event for Planet Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Humanity needs a predator.. there's nothing out there that is challenging our way of life except for ourselves.. When a predator eats all of it's prey, it usually turns on it's own kind... scary thought

The more I read your reply miniatus, the more it resonated with me.......

What if there was a higher lifeform.... how the balance of power would shift........

I guess we do have natural predators but like the Wolves in Yellowstone, or Polar bears in the Artic, or Great Whites in the sea humans tend to use technology to destroy them.........

However a higher evolved Human species, now there's food for thought !!

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

The Universe........

Thankyou for the Reams of Data, I will digest it later when I have a little more time to review it........I can't help but think though that 'data' like this gives those whom don't care or whom don't want to accept change an excuse to just carry on as if nothing is happening.....!
I remember a quote from a long time ago, Benjamin Disraeli I think...." there are Lies, damn lies and statistics'................ sometimes just looking around at what Humans have done, built, created and are using tells you all you need to know.......

It is a little heart-warming to see that you do accept and edorse that human activity in relation to pollution and overfishing DO have and ARE having an effect on the planet in which we all live...

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drala
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

"its official" come on man....nice flag grab...nothign official about this....oh wait because the news said so??? We have the potential to save the planet and turn it into paradise...to say its official is to deny the possibility of our true origin...we are of the planet....as the APPLE TREE APPLES, THE EARTH PEOPLES....not every apple on this tree is rotten

Drala

To be honest, I couldn't give a S*** about the flags and if a moderator 'passing by' wants to take those flags and stars then that's fine by me...!

What's more important is just reviewing the information and digesting the responses..... I find this site very interesting for the broad sweep of views and beliefs and it acts as a yard stick to the wider population..........As for collecting flags and stars then I WILL give them to you if you want them.... I do not care !!

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
There's no where in your source that states Humans ARE the 6th extinction event. Although it does say the "Marine Life" is gonna die off... So maybe we're the 7th

iSwag

My intention by posting this title was too suggest that the Human Race is / will be the CAUSE of the 6th Extinction on planet earth......... Our survival, extinction is irrelevant because we are only part of the planet's ECO system and that we think ourselves as the most import part of it is somewhat mis-guided.

If Marine Life dies off then in effect we will Too, as part of this 6th event........

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I personally think that anyone who thinks and sees the human race as a blight, as the worse thing in our planet, should, right the minute they think it, put a bullet (or find any other suited method) and terminate their lives.

Cause its so incongruent that anyone as a human that says we should disappear from the face of the earth yet they themselves continue living... it just doesnt make sense.

The very least I would ask is a bottom note saying "I will now lead by example and will now terminate my useless presence in this world and its one dirty human in this beautiful planet" - and well... get on with it.

But nooooo... ppl write this crap but then they're just part of the rest of the killer humans out there...

I don't find it incongruous. I think it would be nice, for instance, for me to be the sole arbiter of who lives and who dies. Or, to invent a machine that kills anyone with a corrupt, irredeemable soul, no conscience, etc.

BTW, if any aliens are reading this and are looking for a human to be the absolute ruler of Earth, enacting the highest type of ethics, wisdom and morality in the world -- look no further. I'm your man.

But since those things can't happen -- the other option is depopulation by other means. China is doing it. They're not slaughtering millions, they just instituted population control. They have some flaws in their system (stemming partly from their societal devaluation of the female gender) but it's better than nothing.

So, someone saying "the earth has too many people" does not mean they should kill themselves. On the contrary, they were smart enough to realize the problem. They are part of the solution. I know that because if everyone in the world believed as such, and acted as such when it came time to decide how many kids to have, we wouldn't have a problem. Rather than killing themselves, they should be educating others.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Is there any other species on earth that destroys its own environment and the environment of other species? Maybe Virus's and Cancers. I dont like comparing the human race to such species, but we have more in common than we would like to admit.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Thank you for your generous reply.

Yes CO2 is not the Problem. The problem is Over-Fishing and Deforestation and Pollution Such as nuclear waste and toxic waste (Not CO2 ).

This article is a huge exaggeration and is nothing more than sensationalist claims.

Note Worthy Comment from the sites comment Section

Good Lord, you want us to totally go back to the Stone age because " The IPSO report concludes that it is too early to say definitively." and someone no one knows says something is likely to happen? Kinda like the Population Bomb where we were all supposed to starve by 2000 or the ozone hole that freon did not cause. Name ocean creatures that are now extinct. Not a fact in the story.

The entire article is the Eco-Fascists last stand attempt to try and get their sensationalist views across before we probably plunge into a mini ice-age from the new data saying we may very well be heading into another maunder minimum type event.

And it may be very likely this can happen 3 different major studies came to the same conclusion about the possible maunder minimum coming....

Sun's Fading Spots Signal Big Drop in Solar Activity

edit on 21-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Wow. This is a serious issue and there are trolls in this thread arguing semantics about a word in the title?

C'Mon! Herp-Derp, Gold Star to you for letting the gravity of this issue completely escape your minds in your quest to get a high-five over the thread's title. "Hargle-Blargh, it's nut officul becuz u dun giv uz datazr. HERP-DERP!"

Well here you go.

Workshop Summary: www.stateoftheocean.org...
Long Version: www.stateoftheocean.org...

Case study 1: www.stateoftheocean.org...

The potentially deadly trio of factors — warming, acidification and anoxia — affecting today's oceans, by Professor Jelle Bijma, Marine Biogeosciences, Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research. Watch his explanation, beginning with the growing problem of anoxia, or dead zones, in the ocean.

Case study 2: www.stateoftheocean.org...

End of paradise: Coral reefs facing multiple attacks, by Ove Hoegh-Guldberg , Director, Global Change Institute, University of Queensland

Case study 3: www.stateoftheocean.org...

Pollution and Marine Species: new challenges of an old problem by Professor Tom Hutchinson, Centre for Environment, Fisheries & Aquaculture Science (CEFAS)

Case study 4: www.stateoftheocean.org...

Vanishing Resource: The Tale of the Chinese Bahaba by Dr William Cheung, Lecturer in Marine Ecosystem Services, School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia

4 different case studies, all from different research centers (don't even start that #$@% about it all being linked from the same site) with sources cited --- supporting the same conclusion.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thank you. And you as well. And thats official.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join