It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official - Humans ARE the Sixth Extinction Event for Planet Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

The sad fact is, very few humans actually care. They are more interested in the latest iGadget, latest fashions or just getting drugged up and drunk. Blinded by lust and greed for the latest materialistic possessions.

We will only begin to change when we are starring extinction fully in the face.

st.

Well said friend. It is very sad and true indeed.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

"its official" come on man....nice flag grab...nothign official about this....oh wait because the news said so??? We have the potential to save the planet and turn it into paradise...to say its official is to deny the possibility of our true origin...we are of the planet....as the APPLE TREE APPLES, THE EARTH PEOPLES....not every apple on this tree is rotten

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I keep saying this and nobody seems to get it.

Build a "box" one mile on a side... and you can fit every human on the face of the earth in it with almost 20% of the space left over.

Now try to convince me that humans are destroying the planet. We simply need to clean up after ourselves a bet better, but overheating the atmosphere.. causing "globull" warming.. is simply a crock.

The Sun is changing and the Sun drives the atmosphere on Earth.. interestingly enough the changes are driving us toward a cooler climate and the warming idiots are trying to do things to cool it even more. Hello Ice Age.
edit on 20-6-2011 by expat2368 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There's no where in your source that states Humans ARE the 6th extinction event. Although it does say the "Marine Life" is gonna die off... So maybe we're the 7th

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I do get a little wound up when folks start talking about culling the population. My apologies.

My reason being, that the lions share of problems that are blamed on population, are actually caused by a few. Corporations and governments have done more to damage this planet than all the people living on it by far. Not that I believe the population figures they publish anyway.

This isn't a population problem, this is a blame game problem. Our biggest mistake is letting them get by with it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

''As for the Earth -- why should we care, in and of itself? Think about it for a moment. We shouldn't care for the sake of the planet itself, it's just a planet. It can't feel anything, it isn't aware of anything. We shouldn't care for the sake of non-sentient creatures

I thought about it for a moment.

I still care...like Gaia has cared for your every necessity.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Humanity needs a predator.. there's nothing out there that is challenging our way of life except for ourselves.. When a predator eats all of it's prey, it usually turns on it's own kind... scary thought

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Revelations is coming true. I know that Book of Books so well and I am watching it unfold before my very eyes.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

And i blame the trawlers that wrecks corals, take up tons of fish only to dump most again because it aint the right type or size.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Agreed all the drones and mindless people who accept this propaganda and truth have no idea that it is exaggerated greatly to an extent.

And that humans have little effect on climate change.

Pollution and Overfishing on the other hand is something that can be a problem.

CO2 is not pollution it is part of the carbon cycle and the amount of effect CO2 Has on the environment released by humans equates to 0.28% of overall Greenhouse effect which is actually very small compared to what the Anthropogenic Global Warmers (Climate Change) people what you to think.

Prince Phillip Quote
"“If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.”

The Sea has been rising ever since we entered an inter-glacial period 12,000-18,000 years ago; when the ice began to melt (Far before the Industrial revolution)

Puny Humans think their Meager 4% or less C02 output compared to Earths Overall C02 Output is enough to melt the Ice.

When in-fact it has minimal Effect 50% of the C02 we actually release is absorbed in the first year by the Oceans plants and life on Earth.

The Anthropogenic(Human) Global Warming (Climate Change) Is a lie.

The weather has always been fluctuating and the Sea level was rising from 18,000 years ago until present.

These people are just looking for funding .

Quoted from Anonymous

Every time somebody tells me "99.9% of scientists believe in AGW," I hit 'em back with "Yes, because 99.9% of scientists are utterly dependent on government grants for their next meal."

Cross the funding source, and you can count on having no budget next year. These politicians are hell-bent on taking over the energy sector--which is the whole enchilada, really--and they've got "science" over a barrel.

GeoCraft- Green House Gases

Water Vapor is the Greenhouse Gas with the Most effect on Temperature by Far Compared to all other Greenhouse Gases

Water vapor accounts for the largest percentage of the greenhouse effect, between 36% and 66% for clear sky conditions and between 66% and 85% when including clouds.[10] Water vapor concentrations fluctuate regionally, but human activity does not significantly affect water vapor concentrations except at local scales, such as near irrigated fields.

Wikipedia- Green House Gases- Roles Of Water Vapour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Only reason we can account for the 2 ppm (PART PER MILLION) Increase of C02 in the atmosphere per year is most likely because of the mass deforestation going on.

The Forests are a large carbon dump and are being reduced in number.

Putting it all together: total human greenhouse gas contributions add up to about 0.28% of the greenhouse effect.

To finish with the math, by calculating the product of the adjusted CO2 contribution to greenhouse gases (3.618%) and % of CO2 concentration from anthropogenic (man-made) sources (3.225%), we see that only (0.03618 X 0.03225) or 0.117% of the greenhouse effect is due to atmospheric CO2 from human activity. The other greenhouse gases are similarly calculated and are summarized below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Based on concentrations (ppb) adjusted for heat retention characteristics

Putting it all together: total human greenhouse gas contributions add up to about 0.28% of the greenhouse effect.

But alas Over-Fishing and Pollution -Non CO2 Pollution is still a problem and humanity needs to overcome that.

Peace
edit on 20-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The problems have been clearly indicated and the antipathy of much of the US has been shown.
How about answers instead of winning.Figure out how to adapt instead of hiding in some sort of existential self loathing that is, even at its best,counterproductive.
So aside from dying we have to leave Earth and go to space regardless of what those who hate them selves say.
Every one else is just a bit slow on the uptake

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

Build a "box" one mile on a side... and you can fit every human on the face of the earth in it with almost 20% of the space left over.

I definitely don't get it. We are not the only organism on the planet. When we say that there is an overpopulation issue, we are not saying that we can't physically cram a ton of more people onto the planet.

My sister could smash probably 500 people into her nice big house, but does she? Do you? Or, I guess I should say 'Should you?'

There are many other organisms here that need space to do their thing as well. Including the plants that we need, because they harvest the energy from the sun that we ALL use to feed ourselves (so that we can continue to reproduce).

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Humanity needs a predator.. there's nothing out there that is challenging our way of life except for ourselves.. When a predator eats all of it's prey, it usually turns on it's own kind... scary thought

Sometimes I agree with you. Natural selection is just not happening the way it used to for us. Of course, its easy to take an emotional step back and say we need some kind of destroyer to come down and bring us the pain, but then when you look at your Grandma or someone who is probably not 'fit' for survival, then emotions kinda make the idea rather sad.

I guess I go back and forth on the issue.

However, there are all these people complaining about how the big corporations are 'ruining the world'. Maybe they are our big ol' predator. Maybe all the people that aren't TPTB are not fit to survive, and this is evolution. Of course, when one considers that reproductive rates for the wealthy/educated are much, much lower than for the unwealty/uneducated, then maybe that doesn't make sense. Just thinking out loud I guess.

edit on 20-6-2011 by AlphaBetaGammaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
the earth can support life, no matter what. even a nuclear holocaust, the earth will recover.

anyone who thinks the ocean can be polluted, should visit the pacific and acknowledge the shear magnitude and the amount of volume of water it contains.

it's unpollutable.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
its not the humans presence... its our desire for technology, resources, etc...

if we lived as the indigenous people lived... we'd have hardly made an impact on the environment which is in great distress now & has been since the machine age began

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Don't get it mixed up. They'll keep enough of us around to produce their goods for them. Not a fraction more.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
I like how we have fish farms here. fish raised to eat. It's better for the environment, it's better for our health, just think of people eating fish from that polluted water. YUCK! Well I don't really eat fish per say, I eat crabs, lobster, shrimp, mussels, clams, and oysters and very rarely as they are quite steep in price. We should all follow Germany's lead.
Germany Bans Nuclear Power
edit on 20-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

A quick reminder..."Farm Raised" anything...pigs, chickens, cows, milk, fish, fruits, veggies...etc. If it is raised and "fed" by other humans...it too is just as contaminated if not more than the natural product.

It's all a matter of personal choice...and of course that which you "fear" the most....lol...
all about fear....

Drop the fear, people...it's not as bad as they want you to believe it is...seriously.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Not to mention that our oceans are a big part of the evaporation cycle. I can only wonder what nasties it carries inland making raindrops on you tongue sound not so appealing. It is almost a perfect everlasting source of food, energy and other useful resources. People settle near coastlines around the world for a reason. And we sit here while privatized companies and corporate giants piss into the thing.

~Glu

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368

Now try to convince me that humans are destroying the planet. We simply need to clean up after ourselves a bet better, but overheating the atmosphere.. causing "globull" warming.. is simply a crock.

The Sun is changing and the Sun drives the atmosphere on Earth.. interestingly enough the changes are driving us toward a cooler climate and the warming idiots are trying to do things to cool it even more. Hello Ice Age.
edit on 20-6-2011 by expat2368 because: spelling

expat.......... from an empirical standpoint you are correct .......... we would ALL fit in 'a box' but what sort of life would that be ??? maybe some would understand the inhumane way that we treat other species but that's another discussion for another time !!

Back to the point of human influence on this planet............. do you honestly believe that we, as a species have had NO impact on the planet????? Really ???

Is it just simple and convienient for you, an ''expat'' who has flown the coup to live in another land probably to just think that you have not made the slightest difference to the world you inhabit ??

I just don't get the selfish ATTITUDE that runs through a few replies on here saying that we humans are innocent, have not made much of a change, are part of a bigger cycle, hey show me proof !!!!

The proof my friend is EVERY-WHERE............. if you just opened your eyes and little minds then maybe, just maybe there would be a greater appreciation for the IMPACT of human society on this planet............... the past 40 years or so has seen an explosion of the Global population, A large percentage of it still living in sub standard ways and yet the REST of us have the CHEEK and AUDACITY to say .. we haven't made an impact BUT we will still TAKE TAKE TAKE because that's all we want to do..................... that GREED mentality Expat is actually what needs to be 'got rid of' and then maybe the remaining Humans could live happily together and in synergy with the world ........

Have a nice day !!

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

I do get a little wound up when folks start talking about culling the population. My apologies.

My reason being, that the lions share of problems that are blamed on population, are actually caused by a few. Corporations and governments have done more to damage this planet than all the people living on it by far. Not that I believe the population figures they publish anyway.

This isn't a population problem, this is a blame game problem. Our biggest mistake is letting them get by with it.

Klassified

You make a fair point........ it is the 'greedy' few whom affect all............In any pop cull then you could bet your bottom dollar that the 'grredy' few would try to be those left.........

I agree with your message...

PDUK

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join