It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator McCain Blames Illegal Immigrants For Fires In Arizona

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Anyone that can't see the GOP scapegoating Mexicans is a moron. The politics of negativity instead of having a real plan is SOP. McCain is just following orders from the NRC talking points. Expect much more of this strategy in the months to come.

Have you listened to Rush Lately?

edit on 20-6-2011 by whaaa because: code 686

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by buni11687

i have no love for politicians (believe me!) but i've learned even at the small-town level they seem to be closely tied to law enforcement. law enforcement talks with Fire & Rescue folks. people in power probably have connections to all sorts of other folks who hear the scuttlebutt and are in-the-know. McCain has nothing gain by tossing out false allegations against anyone, of course I could be wrong, but i doubt anyone is going to build a wall around Arizona because of this statement.

i think someone of his experience would well know not to casually toss around statements. if i had eyes & ears on me most of the time i'd watch my words.

Nothing more than another right wing attempt to stir up racial tensions in the political arena. By the way, John McCain is notorious for "casually tossing around statements" that he is later forced to retract or suddenly reverse his opinion on. (like his support of cap & trade in 2008 or even whether or not he's a "Maverick")
It's something that I believe he perfected during his time spent as a POW. He learned to say whatever it is that he thinks his audience wants to hear and whatever he thinks will garner him support. McCain is an absolute joke but seeing how Arizona keeps on electing him to office, they deserve no better.

Flatfish thank you for your reply. I should have known better and not given a politician the benefit of the doubt. I know they most all tend to flip-flop on issues and cater to listening ears, but for some reason inside me I had hoped a man of McCain's life experience would be above that. Thinking about it now, I honestly think I was enjoying my breakfast oatmeal a little too much yesterday, I kid you not. It was delicious. I do appreciate you opening my eyes and reminding me of whats-what; lesson learned! And I'm guilty of forgetting what I so often have said to others, my personal belief: 'if a politician is drawing breath and his lips are moving, he most probably is lying!'

<< 1   >>

join