It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much have the poles really shifted??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hello ATS members.I have a question for you all how much has the poles really shifted?
I'm generally a really observant person, I usually notice things others don't.Lately It seems to me the sun is rising and setting in a different place so it seems to me.Did it really move that much? Or is my imagination playing tricks on me. I'm no expert on the subject finding reliable sources of information is difficult.

So these are my questions
1. If so how much has the poles really shifted?
2.What web site has reliable creatable information on the subject?
3. What are going to be the problems if this has actually occurred?
4.Have you notices the sun rising and setting in a different location?
5. Is it my imagination?

What ever you're answers are please add source links and other info you have found.I'm very curious about the whole thing. To me it seems as though it has shifted a lot.Am I wrong?
edit on 20-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

edit on 20-6-2011 by enament because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The sun setting and rising varies based off of the time of year. Because of the angle of the earth in relation to the sun. Thus giving us seasons.

The poles? Are you speaking of magnetic poles, or physical poles. The magnetic poles are moving rapidly, and the northern magnetic pole is somewhere over Russia last time I checked.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

The physical poles.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Is it really just my imagination playing tricks on me I have lived in my current location for ten years and I honestly believe that the sun seems to be rising earlier and setting later in the day in a different location but is it my imagination?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament

1. If so how much has the poles really shifted?
2.What web site has reliable creatable information on the subject?
3. What are going to be the problems if this has actually occurred?
4.Have you notices the sun rising and setting in a different location?
5. Is it my imagination?

1. The magnetic poles move back and forth all the time. The North magnetic pole is currently moving northern Canada toward Russia at a rate of 40 miles per year.

The magnetic north pole had moved little from the time scientists first located it in 1831. Then in 1904, the pole began shifting northeastward at a steady pace of about 9 miles (15 kilometers) a year. In 1989 it sped up again, and in 2007 scientists confirmed that the pole is now galloping toward Siberia at 34 to 37 miles (55 to 60 kilometers) a year.

Sounds like something's up? But this is all we need to worry about;

A rapidly shifting magnetic pole means that magnetic-field maps need to be updated more often to allow compass users to make the crucial adjustment from magnetic north to true North.

2) www.newscientist.com... Is my favoured site, but there are plenty with information on the matter. (Here are a few articles on the matter www.aolnews.com... fects-tampa-airport/,news.national... geographic.com/news/2009/12/091224-north-pole-magnetic-russia-earth-core.html,www.foxnews.com...)

3) en.wikipedia.org...

4) Nope, Sun rises and sets exactly where it has been for a long time.

5) Yes.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Thanks for the info .This gives me something to digest.It is my goal to establish the facts to clarify this for everyone, because I have noticed others mention about the sun being in a weird place in the sky.People who have no interest in conspiracy mentioning this as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Well at least recently, the magnet field's changed enough for Tampa's airport to remodel their runways..

Link..

And then there's this:

Palaeomagnetic results from lava flows recording a geomagnetic polarity reversal at Steens Mountain, Oregon suggest the occurrence of brief episodes of astonishingly rapid field change of six degrees per day. The evidence is large, systematic variations in the direction of remanent magnetization as a function of the temperature of thermal demagnetization and of vertical position within a single flow, which are most simply explained by the hypothesis that the field was changing direction as the flow cooled.

Link...
edit on 20-6-2011 by rstregooski because: link

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Interesting stuff. Makes me ask another question much like magnets want to attract the opposite poles wouldn't the earths poles want to align with the poles of the sun? Is there a chance this might happen when the magnetic poles have shifted a lot? Will the earth realign with the sun?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

wouldn't the earths poles want to align with the poles of the sun?

Well I certainly hope not. The sun's magnetic poles flip every 11 years, generally. For the earth to do that would be madness..

edit on 20-6-2011 by rstregooski because: g

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

What led me to ask that question is that as far as i know there are no planets in our solar system that the poles are horizontal to the sun as far as i know.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

You might also find This Thread interesting as well. Phage actually dropped in on the discussion for a bit..
edit on 20-6-2011 by rstregooski because: dd

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I also wonder if there are any planets with the physical poles 90 degrees to the magnetic in other words the magnetic poles at the equator and the physical poles at the top and bottom.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I know some of these questions seem dumb bear with me. My last question is relevant because I'm guessing if the poles migrated enough wouldn't the earth realign with the sun's magnetic poles. Do they align with the sun?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
When you rotate a magnet, adjacent magnets also rotate.Do the planets do the same with the sun?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

i am in north sweden,i have been up here for only a few yeas but lately i kind of notice that as well,radical changes from day to day sun rise and sets way out ,knowing i am in north sweden its expected do to the angle and wobble of earth in reference to the equinox and soltice,all play a role in it,yet,even the moon i notice radical shift in positions in respect to rise and sets in a small span of time.in my uneducated opinion on the matter it seems like the wobble has increased,yet it could be just that, uneducated and realizing things i took no notice in before.one thing to notice in respect to that is the timing for planting has changed.even a local swedish friend was commenting on it,about a month,for example, plants recommended for may would be better planting in june or risk loosing them do to the weather.like i stated it was just my uneducated opinion based on observation only.one thing is knowing basics,another is specializing and staying on top of things.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

I think there is something to this people out of the blue just mentioning the sun seems weird.But not really being able to put a finger on what they think is weird about it. I have herd this many times by different walks of life. lately.Is it an increased wobble?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There have been severa threads in the past few months stating the sun is "different: www.abovetopsecret.com...
and www.abovetopsecret.com...
and www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too feel the sunlight is more "white"

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So...

Either the earth has moved out of it's normal orbit.

The Earth's crust has shifted on its axis

Or the Earth's axis has changed.

Yet nobody, anywhere on the planet can measure this? GPS, that depends on these things staying constant, still works and is accurate?

I realize the axis did shift a tiny bit because of the Japan earthquake, but we are talking about some MAJOR MAJOR stuff going down if you can actually notice the sun in a different spot with the naked eye.

We know where the sun will be on any given day, at any given time. Heck, even some ancient civilizations knew this. Yet somehow this has changed any nobody knows about it? Or the governments of every country are covering up millions of people who have the basic equipment to figure this out, and are in no way connected or controlled by said government?

Not trying to sound harsh, but this is pure paranoia. The sun is exactly where it's "supposed" to be. And IF if wasn't. it would be VERY easy to prove, where is the proof?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Thats exactly what I'm looking for the proof so help me find it.I do not know why I perceive the sun differently I just do and apparently I'm not alone so maybe there is something to this.I'm looking for the answers I don't know what it is thats got me wondering about the sun.I'm not paranoid about it just a curiosity about why the sun seems different to me. If something seemed different to you would you not ask questions?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I'm going to look at those posts to see if i find my answer thanks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join