It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous - We are a legion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
'We are Anonymous.
We are Legion
We do not forgive
We do not forget.
Expect us."

I have been watching Anonymous from a distance. I think it is certainly an interesting organisation. It is a very fitting group for the times we live in.

I do however have one major problem with this group. I could never consider myself as a member of anonymous, who would ever wish to be. Its because of one of the little taglines for the group.

'We do not forgive'

We must forgive. I would always hope to be able to forgive. The reason there is so much conflict across this planet at this moment and time is because people will not forgive each other. Very simple.

Forgiveness is something that is essiantial to resolving any form of conflict.

The planet is boiling over with anger and hatred at the moment with a huge dose of fear thrown in for good measure.

'We do not forgive , we do not forget' is just another call to arms full of hatred and anger.

If we applied 'we do not forgive' to everyone on the planet, who would be left?

I am human. I know what it is to be human. Forgiveness is a huge part of being human. If more people embraced forgiveness the planet would be a much happier place.

Hooks have been baited across the world to entice people into rising against an invisible oppressor. Anonymous is just one of the resposnes that have resulted.

I have nothing against Anonymous. I would just never be part of a group that uses 'we do not forgive' as part of their mantra. This can only breed more conflict.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A long, long time ago I was part of Anon, which, according to some originated on /b/ (You know what I mean).
We used the whole "We do not forgive, we do not forget" thing all the time, whether it be bringing down someones horrible youtube video about torturing a cat- OR other things which I choose not to mention as they were purely wrong.
Either way- my point is that back then it actually meant something to us. Now, it's a bunch of 15yo kids who are on school break and looking to have some "fun".
What it was is nothing compared to what it is now.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Anonymous - ohhhh scary!

I agree. It is a little like reality TV coming into your home. We are (a) legion.
Geez, can they steal anymore catch phrases?
Isn't that how you catch legionnaires disease?

I think they are a joke.
Kind of like "Dog the Bounty Hunter" without the personality.

Probably some Mahjong club gone berserk.

People seem to listen to them out of curiosity. They are just one of many many frustrated groups of "Heritage Foundation" members (our original white people) Illuminati scum straight off the upper deck of the Mayflower. They have a mission and purpose trying anything and everything to unseat this President, make life difficult.

Wiki-leaking and hiding behind an American Flag. How long do they expect to survive?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsamuelfrancis
A long, long time ago I was part of Anon, which, according to some originated on /b/ (You know what I mean).
We used the whole "We do not forgive, we do not forget" thing all the time, whether it be bringing down someones horrible youtube video about torturing a cat- OR other things which I choose not to mention as they were purely wrong.
Either way- my point is that back then it actually meant something to us. Now, it's a bunch of 15yo kids who are on school break and looking to have some "fun".
What it was is nothing compared to what it is now.

I would have more respect for your type of original group.
Something like that sort of a patrol we could use and I would support.
To me these kids seem like not much more than hackers.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Enjoy the irony of another Inquisition bring your water board. Because

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Cheers!
Back then times were different. Oh, 2005! haha

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I agree, forgivness is a massivly importnat thing for us to have. And that includes forgiveness of ourselves. We've all done stuff we're not proud of, and we will all continue to do those things which make us cringe. That's human nature, we make mistakes and hopfully we learn from those mistakes. To be able to forgive everyone who has ever wronged you, ever sent a bad thought about you into the ether, is imperetive. Also, the ability to forgive yourself, for the bad things which you have done, and the bad thoughts which you have had, is so vital for your growth as a human being.

I have a meditation for this, which I do when I feel I need to. It's basically this. Get into your relaxed meditative state of mind, and sit there for a while. When you feel ready, picture all of the wrong deeds and thoughts that have been sent your way, and send it all back, with love. (I picture this simular to the begining of dads army, the TV program. With myself as the brittish isle, and the arrows coming off it are the bad thoughts and actions which have come my way.) I send it all back to those who gave them out, with forgivness and love. Then, i think about every bad thought I've ever had, every bad action which was not for good. And take back those arrows to myself, with forgivness and love for me. It's such a liberating experience, I fully recomend it.

PS, I still love anonymous. Be they a flasle flag attack, or be they just people who want liberation from the evils of the world. They are doing something amazing. The uprisings accross Africa would not have happened without Anon. They continue to be behind such freedom fighting ideals. And I am in admiration for that. Always.
edit on 20/6/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

As forgiveness is referred to by Anon, i agree with them.

You and most people mean "forgiveness" in the sense of not holding a grudge against your neighbor. I agree with you in this sense.

But with Anon, it is more like you cannot forgive because the people you are not forgiving would take advantage of that. Your "masters" will play on your emotions and manipulate you in every possible way. If you choose to forgive, then you also choose to spend the rest of your life on your toes, waiting for that person your forgave to begin trying to manipulate your.

Our governments are pseudo human, but with 1 key difference: they have learned to manipulate and victimize their "subjects".

I am not Anon, but i certainly do not forgive (as it is used in this case) either.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Have you seen the film "V for Vendettta"?

Here is, what i believe, one of the most prolific speeches of the whole film, which i'm sure many can relate to, and feel empowered by:-

I find the sentiments and the motivation similar to that of Anonymous.
edit on 20-6-2011 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Great movie. Graphic novel had a MUCH better version of that speech. Here is an ATS thread for that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks.

S+F

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by drsamuelfrancis

that may well be the case. its hard to know how much of an impact they are having anymore.

the do not seem to be linked to any of the major cyber attacks that have been taking place recently.

there appears to be plenty of threats but with little results

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

PS, I still love anonymous. Be they a flasle flag attack, or be they just people who want liberation from the evils of the world. They are doing something amazing. The uprisings accross Africa would not have happened without Anon. They continue to be behind such freedom fighting ideals. And I am in admiration for that. Always.
edit on 20/6/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

i do like the 'idea' of an organisation that might be able to take down a system that is out of control but lack of forgiveness makes no sense.

can you clarify what exact uprising in Africa you are referring to and how you believe Anon had something to do with this??

thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

i think its a little silly to assume what i or most other people consider to be forgiveness.

a person who does not forgive will never find peace.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

yes i have seen. not much susbstance. bit of a popcorn romp.

i would have thought the film below along with the matrix would be more where people in anon started thinking they way they did. dunno? i think both films were released on the same day

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

i think its a little silly to assume what i or most other people consider to be forgiveness.

a person who does not forgive will never find peace.

I believe a person that forgives a tyrant will never find liberty. I will happily trade some peace to get my liberty back. It is that whole axiom of trading security for freedom.

Regardless, my point is that you cannot forgive a tyrant, nor can you forgive an entity comprised of people that acts as an individual (a corporation). To forgive, there must first be remorse. Until someone shows remorse, forgiving them falls under the "silence infers consent" idea.

You can forgive the worlds tyrants all you want. I will continue to hold a grudge until they acquiesce, apologize, and return my freedom and liberty to me. The peaceful life in a sheep herd is not for me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

To forgive, there must first be remorse.

Says who?

I have a very different idea of what forgiveness is than you do Sir.

A sheep will never find peace. You must be willing to surrender everything to find peace Sir. This planet is all about control.

I don't think you would be someone who would surrender control Sir. It seems very important to you. Maybe I am wrong but its just the impression I get from you.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Were I to want to live the life of an ascetic, yes you are correct. The tibetan school of thought seems to match what you describe.

Problem is, it is not what i choose. I find a good way to balance. I do not wish to turn my back on the world and accept what rolls my way.

No, I am no control freak. What i DO demand is the freedom to do what i want, assuming what i want would not harm someone.

Consider: a snake is a snake. We all know what snakes will do. They bite. So when a snake bites you, you are not surprised. Thus, you should not be angry at the snake for biting you, as that is what it does. Does that mean I am going to make up with the snake and give it another opportunity to bite me?

Nope, sure aren't.

Further, any rights you want to believe you have, you only have them if you are willing to retain them for yourself. If an authority wishes to take your rights away, they can give themselves the power to do so. Your only protection is to retain those rights for yourself, by force if necessary.

I cannot find peace as long as i live at the behest of another man. I know what you are talking about, and I have studied buddhist philosophy for some number of years. But even Ghandi would not tolerate the tyranny he lived under.

I think you are discussing something from a purely theoretical viewpoint. It just doesn't work in the real world. Forgiveness, in a classical sense, leads to you being repeatedly burned by the same object. That, sir, is madness.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Anonymous:
anyone can go with that network name that doesn't want to be found out about networking,
& networking is important. the more the merrier.

Most of what I've heard
in concern to Anonymous
concerns Anti-Scientology sentiments.
The idea Scientologists are a sort of mind control cult.

Maybe.

Networking Anonymously,
as Anonymous:
it's a good group name,
even if you aren't the same Anonymous,
& now they have to go about
hunting those Anonymous.

I'd suggest it,
get big thenexpand.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I can accept your points. These are your beliefs and assumptions. I did not wish to imply you were any sort of control freak merely that you would value control in your life, most people do.

Interesting you pick a snake. Biblical.

It doesn't have to be theortical.

Anyway, we are straying from the main point.

By confirming that they do not forgive I just believe its another group that is growing out of anger and hate. Its more sabre rattling just from another side.

I fear its just rising to the bait that has been set.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join