It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinda last minute but if you live in the Charlotte NC area, Westboro Baptist is protesting a marines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Source

Members of a controversial church plan to protest today's memorial service of a 21-year-old marine from Gastonia who was killed while serving in Afghanistan.

But friends of Lance Cpl. Nicholas O'Brien say they are making plans to drown out the Westboro Baptist Church's message.

Those close to O'Brien say the protest threatens to sully the memory of a young man who turned down a baseball scholarship to serve his country. But a spokesman for the Topeka, Kan.-based church said it is spreading God's word using a powerful platform and its first amendment right.

First Assembly of God Church on S. Myrtle School Road in Gastonia

If you live in the area, U2U me, I'm working on getting people there to help block those scumbags, I'm constantly checking for responses

edit on 6/20/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Nice. WestBobs need to be burn.
Let me know if they ever come to southern california, I know how to make kitchen teargas and other fun things to make them think twice about doing one of their marches again.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I really don't think god would look too kindly upon protesting a young mans funeral, no matter the circumstance. Are we sure this church worships god and not satan? I'll never understand how people could have the heart to do this.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
As much as you and me disagree on many subjects Homer, in this area we both agree with each other 100%. If I lived in NC I would join a counter protest against those disrespectful bigots.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Openeye because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Homer..........

These clowns had the guts to show up and spew their hate here in WV last year after the Upper Big Branch disaster. By showing up at the funerals for fallen servicemen, they think that its getting their "message" across to people grieving over their loss of a family member or friend. Makes you wonder how it makes the grieving soldiers' family feel when these guys show up to protest. Funerals should not be a place for protest nor should anyone be allowed to protest at something like this. If you want to protest about something, then go protest somewhere that doesn't involve a funeral. A few years ago, some of us were honestly thinking that the WBC was going to wind up protesting the funeral of a fallen police officer here. Maybe it was a good thing that they didn't show up or did not know about the funeral. Would have been a bad thing if they showed up while you had hundreds of cops and the Patriot Guard Riders at the funeral.

top topics

join