It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Melbourne's eastern suburbs 8:35pm 20/6/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Ok, ok! I know you need a certain amount of posts to even begin a thread, and maybe one day I'll get to that stage! But, I was just outside having a smoke and as I always do was looking up at the sky. I noticed a light, which I assumed was a star. It was incredibly bright and yet was not flickering like the others.

I kept my eye on it, thinking "I've never seen a star that bright, in that general direction at this time of year..?". Kept watching it then it started to move, first towards the east, then it stopped and went on a perfect right angle towards north for a little bit- that's when I got confused as it seemed to get faster then slow right down. Then suddenly it went back the almost exact way it came!
Then, as if a light was turned off, it vanished! I've seen a thousand of these threads and most of the replies will be "have any evidence..?!"- well I don't. But, I was just wondering if anyone in the area saw the same thing?

This isn't the first time I've seen something like this in this area. About a year ago I was out the back around 10pm and I saw three red/orange light in the sky. They were moving around, made a perfect, equal sided triangle then went in opposite directions. That's what made me start lurking ATS. Then I decided to join as I thought "one day, maybe I'll see something like this again and need to report it asap!".

Well, there you go. Just thought I'd put it out there!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Not saying it was generally Aliens or anything. It was an UFO- unidentified flying object.

Mind you, I wish it was Aliens!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by drsamuelfrancis

Hey Dude,

Welcome from a fellow Melbournian

Interesting story but shame no pics, you know what people around here are like LOL

Just to give ya a heads up you need 20 posts to start a new thread so you have enough already.
post away my friend, post away

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
welcome to ATS.

You do realize you have the 20 posts so you can make a thread right???

This is the introduction thread......you can post in other forums more appropriate ie grey area/aliens & UFO etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

bit cloudy down here for ufos innit?
maybe they are here tho fairly windy

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
ok... i will admit, I took my family for a spin..

Hi to you from Cairns BTW

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up guys!
Yeah, it was just over Chirnside park- and you're right, it is a bit cloudy but there was an open area for a while

Mods- if you read this please move to the right place, I feel stupid now haha!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Just wondering if any of your neighbors have seen anything or if there has been anything on your local news. Also have you noticed extra police presence in the area?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
just spent last 10 mins outside
some gaps in clouds plane flying just under cloud ceiling
strong winds though fsat moving cloud cover(springvale sth)
got me looking up

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I live in Adelaide, welcome.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

To be honest, there was a helicopter flying overhead for a little bit before this happened, but I'm not entirely convinced that it was police. But then again, what other helicopters fly around? :/ No one in my area is rich enough to own their own
I live in suburbia, so I'm guessing others may have seen it! That's why I came on here to see if anyone else could verify what I saw! It's quite windy here tonight though, so maybe it wasn't a helicopter I heard?

reply to post by LightAssassin

Yeah, it's actually quite windy here too! Which again makes me think no to a helicopter or plane. And haven't the airports been closed down due to the volcanic ash from the volcano? So, it couldn't have been a plane?

Anyone else have any plausible suggestions? I'm going to completely rule out Chinese lantern, as there is no way the candle would stay alight in windy conditions like this...!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I believe in alien and man controlled advanced technology so I've got my tin foil hat on.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Yeah, I agree. I've been looking into the Nazi Bell and things like that lately and I wonder how many UFO sightings could be accounted for either experimental gov projects or just man made secret flying devices.

I can also, 100% positively, tell you that some of the things I've seen with my own eyes have not been man made- I'm 21, not crazy, have a normal office job and have never touched drugs! Some things are just un-explainable, but hopefully, one day soon, all will come to light

new topics

top topics

join