It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Spread Of GM Rice Alarms Chinese Officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Illegal Spread Of GM Rice Alarms Chinese Officials

www.rawstory.com

In January, the agriculture ministry said "no genetically modified cereals are being grown in China" outside the test sites.

But in April, an environment ministry official told the weekly Nanfang Zhoumo that a joint investigation by four government departments had found that "illegal GM seeds are present in several provinces because of weak management".

The agriculture ministry did not respond to an AFP request for clarification.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bangkokpost.com

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
GMO rice Is out of control. You may say; so what?

A quick primer to further enlighten us and illuminate the subject: There exists a rice that contains human genes, (Yes a sort of Frankenstien Crop) that has has been appproved for consumption, and also there is a BT rice, a transgenic strain that has not been approved for commercial growing and should not be in human food, which contains a poison that kills butterflies and moths, not to mention that it is a trigger in humans for severe allergic reactions.

While there have been several GMO stains "created" some are very much worse than others.

The real question we have here is which strain of GMO rice is this rice that is out of control
growing, and being sold in China?

The next question should be, how do we know this rice is not growing in in the U.S. or the U.K?
Or any place else on earth for that matter?

And if this rice is in the U.S. and the U.K, then
its in all the food supply, and its affecting the
bees, the butterflies, and you.

naturalsociety.com...

December 09, 2009 Greenpeace Press Center
Quezon City, PHILIPPINES — A United States federal jury ruling on 4 December 2009, that Bayer CropScience LP must pay US$2 million to two Missouri farmers, affirms that the responsibility for the consequences of contamination from genetically modified organisms (GMO) rests with the company that releases GMO crops. The Missouri farmers’ crops were contaminated with an experimental variety of rice that Bayer was testing in 2006.laudyms.wordpress.com...

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-6-2011 by burntheships because: spelling, format and all that

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I eat a lot of rice and pasta. Luckily I live in the west Tennessee area, and a lot of rice is grown in Arkansas, so I always buy their brand . I feel it's safe. That is a scary thought about rice being mixed with human genes. What the heck!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

the more awareness that we can gain regarding this , the more lives that will be saved...

some may so so what? the educated will say

OMG...... stop this , stop this ,, stop this....

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
That is a scary thought about rice being mixed with human genes. What the heck!

It is scary, so much so that beer brewer Anheuser-Busch, a huge buyer of rice, threatened to boycott the state amid concern over contamination and consumer reaction. Is it all about perception?

What about the reality???

The development is what may people feared when, ten years ago, food scientists showed what was possible by inserting copies of fish genes from the flounder into tomatoes, to help them withstand frost.
Ventria has produced three varieties of the rice, each with a different human-origin gene that makes the plants produce one of three human proteins.

Two - lactoferrin and lysozyme - are bacteria-fighting compounds found in breast milk and saliva. The genes, cultivated and copied in a laboratory to produce a synthetic version, are carried into embryonic rice plants inside bacteria. www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

What's sad is the the Anheuser-Busch company is located in St. Louis, Missouri. Missouri borders Arkansas. Why the heck wouldn't they buy rice from Arkansas instead of China? If they bought local grown, it would not only be safer but just think of how it would help the economy in this part of the south. It just seems like a no-brainer to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Oh my god! A strain of rice that has HUMAN GENES in it!?
What do they do?!? Liquefy humans and spray them over the growing crop?!

This is revolting news to me- after all, I love my rice

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsamuelfrancis
What do they do?!? Liquefy humans and spray them over the growing crop?!

This is revolting news to me- after all, I love my rice

I know... the thought of it is absolutely nasty. Makes me wonder what kind of people sit around thinking and inventing this stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

the more awareness that we can gain regarding this , the more lives that will be saved...

Thanks much for your comments.

Yes, I can hear us now, pleading please stop this! Stop!
But whom do we yell out to?

The FDA? -No- They are in bed with Bayer, and Monsanto!
And who are the advocates in China?
Now that its out of control in China, who will stop it?

I dont know, it seems maybe DARPA had a really big headstart.

edit on 20-6-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

What really makes me mad is you know the families of Bayer and Monsanto don't eat this rubbish. I'm sure they only buy and eat organic. They'll sell it and make money from it but probably won't touch it themselves

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by guessing

Thanks much for your comments.

Yes, I can hear us now, pleading please stop this! Stop!
But whom do we yell out to?

The FDA? -No- They are in bed with Bayer, and Monsanto!
And who are the advocates in China?
Now that its out of control in China, who will stop it?

I dont know, it seems maybe DARPA had a really big headstart.

edit on 20-6-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

It starts with you and me, our families and freinds.

Apart from that... any ideas?

Thats a good start though ......

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsamuelfrancis

And we're expected to eat it.

There's another thread where they drained 8 million gallons of water from a reservoir because some guy was caught having a pee in it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Yes, I agree with you on all points. Its just insane, why they ever unleashed this
crap poision into the food supply!

Even with all of the monetary consequences it has brought about, still they persisted.
That exposes an agenda of some sort, at least in my opinon.

An agenda that is against "us".

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

And we're expected to eat it. There's another thread where they drained 8 million gallons of water from a reservoir because some guy was caught having a pee in it.

Well, the draining of the reservoir was a bit of an overreaction.

Of course, it should be noted that this OP is talking about the illegal use of GM rice, not the legal use. Meaning, the people that made it, are not even expecting you to eat it....

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by maybee

Yes, I agree with you on all points. It's just insane, why they ever unleashed this
crap poision into the food supply!

Even with all of the monetary consequences it has brought about, still they persisted.
That exposes an agenda of some sort, at least in my opinon.

An agenda that is against "us".

Greetings:

We, the people, agree wholeheartedly with you.

What is interesting is that what you wrote applies to the very threads we have been sharing with interested participants... both of them... sure could use some help and recognition here.

Please check this out:

America's Being Nuked - Can we Together Stop the Madness?

and this is a good read:

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

As is this one:

Is This the Beginning of the End of Nuclear Power in the U.S.?

For your consideration:

"One cannot do what is necessary to survive hell if a person doesn’t know they are living in one."
Dr Mark Sircus

For the first two days after the accident, the wind blew east from Fukushima towards monitoring stations on the US west coast; on the third day it blew south-west over the Japanese monitoring station at Takasaki, then swung east again. Each day, readings for iodine-131 at Sacramento in California, or at Takasaki, both suggested the same amount of iodine was coming out of Fukushima, says Wotawa: 1.2 to 1.3 × 10 to the 17th becquerels per day.
(...)
In the 10 days it burned, Chernobyl put out 1.76 × 10 to the 18th becquerels of iodine-131, which amounts to only 50 per cent more per day than has been calculated for Fukushima Daiichi. It is not yet clear how long emissions from the Japanese plant will continue.

11 March to 20 June = 70 days.

50% more per day means that Chernobyl put out twice as much Iodine-131 per day than has been calculated for Fukushima Daiichi - but only for 10 days.

Let's take the lower estimate of 1.2 x 10 to the 17th becquerels per day x 70 days:

If our figures are correct, that means that Fukushima Daiichi has already spewed forth 350% as much Iodine-131 as Chernobyl.

And it is still spewing continuously - 24 hours a day - with no end in sight - contaminating all the foodstuffs in the fields in North America.

Similarly, says Wotawa, caesium-137 emissions are on the same order of magnitude as at Chernobyl. The Sacramento readings suggest it has emitted 5 × 10 to the 15th becquerels of caesium-137 per day; Chernobyl put out 8.5 × 10 to the 16th in total – around 70 per cent more per day.
New Scientist

5 × 1015 becquerels of caesium-137 per day x 70 days:

If our figures are correct, we conclude that Fukushima Daiichi has already spewed forth about 500% as much Cesium-137 as Chernobyl.

And it is still spewing continuously - 24 hours a day - with no end in sight - contaminating all the foodstuffs in the fields in North America.

This cannot bode well for the inhabitants of Planet Earth.

To be continued...

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The Bt strain of rice is patented by Monsanto, and Monsanto stands to gain if this rice continues to spread, even though its illegal and not approved for human consumption.

Beijing is pro-biotechnology and has already allowed several GM crops to be grown, including cotton, peppers, tomatoes and papayas, and has authorized imports of GM soya and corn for the food industry.

But rice – the key staple in the diet of the country's more than 1.3 billion people – is a much more sensitive question.

''Two-thirds of Chinese eat rice every day,'' said Tong Pingya, a highly respected agronomist who blasted Chinese scientists for ''treating the people like guinea pigs'' at a conference in May chaired by Vice-Premier Li Keqiang. ''China does not need this genetically modified rice, as it produces enough and even exports a bit,'' Tong told AFP. www.mb.com.ph...

Brave souls that they are, I hope they are careful, as many scientists who speak out against
GM find a sad demise.

For their part, environmentalists and some Chinese scientists warn against the as-yet unknown long-term consequences of using GM rice for biodiversity and human health.

Whether using them is in farmers' interests is an open question, according to Greenpeace's Fang, because ''GM seeds cost two to five times more than ordinary seeds'' and ''in terms of yield, there isn't really a difference.''

top topics

join