It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Step Towards a Cure? - Cancer Vaccine Breakthrough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
With all the sad, horrific and negative news reports we see everyday it is always refreshing to actually see some good news for a change.

In a nutshell a new type of vaccine is in development, basically super-boosting the immune system but at the same time sending a certain tag or marker that is the same as the cancer cells. It has shown very positive results on mice and we could have human trials in less than 5 years.

My explaination of the vaccine and the exact process probably wasnt the best, so i will post some articles that explain a little bit better than i can

Scientists develop new approach for cancer vaccine

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d71c0f8b2f0b.jpg[/atsimg]

LONDON: Scientists have developed a technique that uses a library of DNA taken from organs in which tumors can form and harnesses the body’s immune response to create a vaccine designed to treat cancer.

“Using the immune system to treat cancer is a very exciting area at the moment,” Alan Melcher of Leeds University, who co-led the study, said in an interview. “What we’ve done is to develop a new approach which builds on a promising foundation.”

He said the method could potentially be used against other forms of cancer such as skin or breast cancer, but added that the research was at an early stage and it would be several years before a vaccine could be developed for testing in humans.

Full Article

New vaccine fights prostate cancer

The vaccine, delivered by a virus, blasts the immune system with thousands of prostate protein tags some of which are recognised as targets.

Full Article

Let's hope this only gets better and who knows within 5 or 10 years there could be a viable cure or vaccine for in this case prostate cancer. There are indications that this type of treatment may also be adapted to other types of cancer.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Cool, A good number of cancer cures coming up soon, maybe very soon cancer may be a thing of the past.

I will forward this to my contacts and see what they say.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

It is good news considering it has been something scientist have been working on for so long and putting alot of time, money and effort into.

Let's hope after further trials and testing this is a step closer

Although i will say that i dont think we will ever completly erradicate cancer, there are so many contributing factors from the Sun through to our mobile phones and everything in-between. At least with treatments like this being developed it may make it much easier and a more reliable way to treat cancer.

On a side note i noticed this thread is getting much traffic at all
i thought news like this would be welcomed...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Burzinski, Gerson, THC oil. There have been known cancer cures since the late 70's at least. A vaccine huh? Probably because it can be patented

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

looool THC doesnt sure cancer it helps with the nausea and lack of appetite after radio-therapy.

Thats not a punn on ''the munchies'' that is true and it is prescribed to patients for a reason.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Personally, I think there are already many cures for Cancer out there.

The problem is, Cancer is big business for the pharma companies. As long as healthcare in this country is a profitable industry, sadly I don't think any cure will be released.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

looool THC doesnt sure cancer it helps with the nausea and lack of appetite after radio-therapy.

That just goes to show you how well it has been buried. Here is a video of a guy using THC oil on his skin cancer

Antineoplastic activity of cannabinoids: Journal of the National Cancer Institute, Vol. 55, No. 3, September 1975

Department of Pharmacology and the MCV/VCU Cancer Center, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University. Richmond, Va. 23298

Abstract: Lewis lung adenocarcinoma growth was retarded by the oral administration of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol, and cannabinol (CBN), but not cannabidiol (CBD). Animals treated for 10 consecutive days with delta-9-THC, beginning the day after tumor implantation, demonstrated a dose-dependent action of retarded tumor growth.

Source
US Natl Library of Medicine Abstract

Just a few things to point out: It was published in the Journal of the Natl Cancer Institute in 1975 from a study done at the cancer center of a university. 1975!!!

Translation from the abstract:

Lung adenocarcinoma growth was retarded by the oral administration of delta-9-THC in English:
Delta-9-THC slows (and reduces) cancerous tumors.

Adenocarcinoma:

Adenocarcinoma is a cancer of an epithelium that originates in glandular tissue. Epithelial tissue includes, but is not limited to, the surface layer of skin, glands and a variety of other tissue that lines the cavities and organs of the body.

en.wikipedia.org...

In other words, Pot cures cancer and the National Cancer Institute has known this since 1975. But, because as a plant it cannot be patented and therefore not profited from, Big Pharma chose against pursuing it as a viable medicine preferring instead to push all manners of toxic chemo.

Having lost several family members to cancer since 1975 this really pisses me off. Greed is the only reason

edit on 20-6-2011 by coyotepoet because: definition

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Let's not forget the Hoxsey method for curing cancer

Google Video Link

He was driven down to practice in Mexico only after he wouldn't sell his method to the AMA.

Unfortunately there have been a lot of non-toxic cures for cancer over the years but oncology and big pharma is big business. Not to bring your hopeful thread down with the fact that this stuff has been out there for many years, but it has and the AMA (watch this movie) and FDA (see Burzynski:The Movie or any of the threads on ATS on Burzynski-here's a few to start) keep it supressed because the fact is cancer is big business.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is the link to watch the Burzynski movie online for free:

Burzynski: Cancer is Serious Business

edit on 21-6-2011 by coyotepoet because: Add another movie

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Here's part of another movie (in 2 parts) called "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer" It features explanations and interviews with doctors and scientists. The answer to the question in the title-: Big Pharma would lose out on a whole lot of profit because who would pay for toxic chemo when they could grow the medicine themselves.

QUOTES: "What If Cannabis Cured Cancer summarizes the remarkable research findings of recent years about the cancer-protective effects of novel compounds in marijuana. Most medical doctors are not aware of this information and its implications for prevention and treatment. If we need more evidence that our current policy on cannabis is counterproductive and foolish, here it is." -Andrew Weil, M.D.

"A hugely important film" - Julie Holland, M.D. NYU School of Medicine.

Streaming links

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The problem with vaccines is they have a very bad reputation these days. By vaccinating against childhood illnesses like Mumps, Measles and Chicken Pox, we actually leave ourselves wide open to a range of cancers. Those childhood illnesses create immunity against various cancers, so it all sounds a bit perverse that we then need a vaccine to protect us from cancer after the vaccines did the damage in the first place. It's a $trillion indutry

It would be far better to use one of the natural cancer cures

new topics

top topics

join