It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steel vs. Aluminum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
How did an all aluminum plane penetrate a steel beamed building? According to the Rockwell Hardness Test aluminum places far lower than steel.

Also, here are some basic comparisons between the two Basic Facts

I am just wanting to know how such a basic thing as density and hardness was thrown out the window that day. At best, with the speed factor thrown in there should of been a little pancaking of the plane occurring before entering the tower, but, it was like a knife on butter.

Another point I want to address was the fact that in one of the many videos the nose of the plane can be seen coming out the other side of the tower in perfect condition. All the words I can find for that is, ....what...just...how?

Discuss on, my friends. The truth is what you make it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
...windows?

But the "nose of the plane coming out" was due to obvious video fakery. The American populace just eats anything up though. Almost 10 years later, people are still asleep. They'll stay asleep till they're dead.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
...windows?

But the "nose of the plane coming out" was due to obvious video fakery. The American populace just eats anything up though. Almost 10 years later, people are still asleep. They'll stay asleep till they're dead.

Windows what? What about them?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by itisortofthetruth

The only steel in the building was the core, all the external walls and window frames were aluminium.

What videos show the nose of the plane coming out the other side of the tower?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well, now I feel like and idiot. I thought the outer beams were also steel.

Let me get that link up. I will edit this post when I find it.

Best link I could locate on such short notice. Shows exactly what youre asking about.
Here it is, Nose
edit on 20-6-2011 by itisortofthetruth because: Added link

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

I loved the little orange hole open up in front of plane 2, and then how it seems to morph about halfway in when finally the plane materialises and starts to cause damage, then finally KABOOM.

Alien technology + Missiles mounted underneath plane = sacrificing of souls/execution of gold robbery/commencement of digital monetary fraud/commencement of property insurance fraud and finally commencement of the stripping of human rights/Entry into Afghanistan so the control of Opium exports can be done without any suspicious noises being made.

So much was gained from the loss of only a couple of thousand lives. Many more have been sacrificed for much less.

Why do you think so many faces of the devil can be seen in the explosions? Alien grays are headed by the big man himself, Satan. It's where the technology came from to get that plane inside the building.
edit on 20-6-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I don't care what the building is made of. It could be solid rock.

The plane still has a mass. That mass is moving at X will give a force Y.
If you know the math you should able to figure out how much force it would take to punch through the walls of the towers.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Are you suggesting that if a plane flew into a cliff face...it would just penetrate right through?

Seriously, surely the wings would have folded due to the impact, or the engines would have snapped straight off....again, way too many inconsistencies...oh, and building 7 of course....oh, and the Pentagon hole.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by grey580

Are you suggesting that if a plane flew into a cliff face...it would just penetrate right through?

Seriously, surely the wings would have folded due to the impact, or the engines would have snapped straight off....again, way too many inconsistencies...oh, and building 7 of course....oh, and the Pentagon hole.

I seem to remember a light aircraft hit the Empire state building in the 40's or 50's and did some pretty amazing damage to the concrete/stonework when it hit.

As to the kinetic force KE = 0.5 x mv² m= mass v = velocity

Given that the WTC isn't a solid structure like a cliff, then it would be reasonable to assume that some of the mass had enough KE to propel itself out the other side of the building.
edit on 20/6/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassinI loved the little orange hole open up in front of plane 2, and then how it seems to morph about halfway in when finally the plane materialises and starts to cause damage, then finally KABOOM.

The flashes are interesting. They aren't that high on my list of telltale signs of the fraud of 9/11, but it is a long list. They could easily be arcing from static electricity. Metal plane, metal building, so each would be able to distribute its overall net charge. And odds are that a plane descending that fast would show a static discharge at the initial touching point. I just don't think it's worth dwelling on things that could be explained away. There's plenty about 9/11 to dwell on that cannot be explained away.

Alien technology

Sorry, I don't think 9/11 required alien technology, saying things like that just guts your credibility.

Missiles mounted underneath plane

Missiles? They weren't fired. If the evidence pointing to grey military planes is accurate, they may have been charges, but even more likely is that they were redundant navigation/radio control to make sure the planes hit their target.

Seriously, stop and think about it for a minute. If the planes were not commercial airliners flown by jihadist madmen, who would have flown them? Joe schmoe in a business suit or in the military? I DOUBT any Americans would have volunteered for a suicide mission. They needed radio control.

sacrificing of souls/execution of gold robbery/commencement of digital monetary fraud/commencement of property insurance fraud and finally commencement of the stripping of human rights/Entry into Afghanistan so the control of Opium exports can be done without any suspicious noises being made.

Yep to all of that.

Originally posted by LightAssassinWhy do you think so many faces of the devil can be seen in the explosions? Alien grays are headed by the big man himself, Satan. It's where the technology came from to get that plane inside the building.

I think that's... silly.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

reply to post by grey580

I seem to remember a light aircraft hit the Empire state building in the 40's or 50's and did some pretty amazing damage to the concrete/stonework when it hit.

As to the kinetic force KE = 0.5 x mv² m= mass v = velocity

Given that the WTC isn't a solid structure like a cliff, then it would be reasonable to assume that some of the mass had enough KE to propel itself out the other side of the building.

a B-25 bomber

www.damninteresting.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by itisortofthetruth

I've always wondered how the wings cut through the steel, and concrete floors.

Considering the angle of entry, the wings spanned several floors and encountered tons of steel and concrete
(7 floors if I remember correctly).

Now, if we threw a single floor at an airplane wing at 500+ MPH, my guess is that the wing would split in half,
not a multi-ton floor. Think of the floor having a steel pan, trusses and a layer of concrete.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by grey580

Are you suggesting that a building made of metal, concrete and faced with glass is as solid as a cliff face?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The outer columns of the WTC were steel box columns with aluminum panels affixed to the outer face. The thickness of the columns was tapered the higher up in the buiding they were placed. At the height the planes hit the walls of the box columns were approximately 3/4 of an inch thick. Whether or not the planes' structural members (I think the primary wing spars for a 767 are about 3 inches thick? Its been years since I went over this stuff, although I recall believing that they ought to have a fair chance against a significantly thinner column) were able to sever the outer box columns of the WTC is probably irrelevant, as ATS user Bonez used to point out frequently, as the bolts joining the sections of the outer columns failed allowing the mass of the plan to displace sections of the columns and/or bend them out of the way. This is visible in close up pictures of the hole (just go to google images and type in "hole in WTC." The columns were emplaced in sections of three, staggered vertically.

I believe the nose out theory is just bologna. The video producer took a still frame of the explosion/dust plume blasting out a window that resembled the nose of the plane and cooked up a fantasy. I'm sure you've watched the Loose Change/Screw Loose change tug of war. In this video the nose/dust plume is clearly visible at 1:15: www.youtube.com...
and in this one, shot from below, that same nose/plume is visible at second 6-7: www.youtube.com...
So either the nose/plume was an editting error by the shadowy black ops video crew that appears on at least three different videos from three different angles, or it was actually just part of the explosion, combined with imagination.
edit on 20-6-2011 by mastermindkar because: Pic wasn't working, sorry

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I believe the nose out theory is just bologna. The video producer took a still frame of the explosion/dust plume blasting out a window that resembled the nose of the plane and cooked up a fantasy. I'm sure you've watched the Loose Change/Screw Loose change tug of war. In this video the nose/dust plume is clearly visible at 1:15: www.youtube.com...
and in this one, shot from below, that same nose/plume is visible at second 6-7: www.youtube.com...
So either the nose/plume was an editting error by the shadowy black ops video crew that appears on at least three different videos from three different angles, or it was actually just part of the explosion, combined with imagination.
edit on 20-6-2011 by mastermindkar because: Pic wasn't working, sorry

Well done, I was just about to post something on the "nose out" stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
These are posts I find funny. People see things with their own eyes but question it. "How can a plane penetrate a steel building when it goes against scientific theory? You've had the answers now which I didn't know either but the point is that it did and you saw it even though it was unexplainable to you at the time.

This same principle can be applied to all aspects of 9/11 that people can't explain. Why did the buildings fall straight down? Couldn't be possible unless it was a controlled demolition. Well maybe you just don't have all the information yet or it was just a fluke and not a government conspiracy.

Just because you can't explain something does not mean the government is guilty.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

a B-25 bomber

www.damninteresting.com...

Thats it (Hardly a light aircraft though
)

Thanks for the link Darth_Prime.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by itisortofthetruth
How did an all aluminum plane penetrate a steel beamed building? According to the Rockwell Hardness Test aluminum places far lower than steel.

Because aluminum alloys make up a plane. Not aluminum foil. Most aluminum alloys that are used in airplane manufacture are stronger than A-36 steel.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is what a B25 bomber did to the Empire State Building in 1945 :-

erictokyo.tumblr.com...

An engine and parts of landing gear went all the way through and out the other side.

The B25 was a 10 ton aircraft compared with some 140 tons for a fueled-up Boeing 767. The Boeing 767 was also going 2.5 to 3 times the speed of the bomber. If you care to work out the kinetic energy in each case the strike of a Boeing 767 to a WTC tower was about the equivalent of 100 B25 Empire State strikes.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
OMG???
look at this video.
building twin towers.
the walls have a crisscross of heavy steel!
the centre of the tower has elevator shafts.
witch have a LOT of steel and concrete.
there is no way a plain could go through it.
and all the fuel from the plain would have wasn't away.
and the fire would have moved down the out side of the building.
Please have a look at the Video.
the gaps in the steel squire beams
is about 60 centimetres. a man could walk through it.
a plain would be ripped to pieces at the first wall.
and the core of the trade centre could stop it dead.
and the nose of a plain come out the other side?
the more I see of this
the more silly it gets.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join