It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My survival plan in 8 easy steps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have not stuck my head out as an objector to what is happening in the US but I do think that I am probably on a list or two. My crimes are: being a member here, purchasing items such as storable food, books, Iodine as well as what I have commented on via social networking sites. Other than this post, I am curtailing many of my objectionable activites. I am not doing this out of fear but out of survival. What we are up against is bigger than any group, militia or even state. The size of what we face is uprecendented in the history of the world and they are already in control. Look at how many of our rights (which weren't even ours to begin with if they can be taken away) have been pared/sliced/diced and minced before our eyes...all a little bit at a time, accelerated since 9/11. Boil the frog slowly. Right now, we are at a rolling boil and most frogs are either laughing about other frogs complaining about the heat or they are focused on Wieners. The very fact that you are reading this places you outside of the pot. This post does not mention guns at all - they are not a part of my plan other than to fend off fellow citizens trying to steal from me or kill me. A gun will do nothing against the tyranny that is coming. *THEY* will not be bringing a gun to your gunfight. You might as well have a rock.

Here are the few ways I am preparing for what is to come:

1.) Purchasing all items with cash from local vendors who do not have cameras (at least that I can see)

2.) Posting only stupid mindless generic s&!# on any public website - nothing controversial but not disconnecting from them either

3.) Only sharing what I really think with close friends and family... and in person only

4.) Getting out of consumer debt. This may take longer for some but with sacrifice it can be done by anyone within a couple of years. As much as I despise Dave Ramsey, he has a good plan for this. I still have a fixed rate mortgage on my house but in my eyes, it was never mine to begin with if I didn't pay for it. I pay only the minimum and have always had minimal equity in a home - low equity is low risk. Let the bank who gave me the loan and who is charging me interest (on money that was free to them) worry about that. If TSHTF, they can have the house - what I truly value in life does not contain pressed wood or drywall or plastic siding. FICO scores mean little if you are hungry. If you are renting rather than having a mortgage, you are probably in a better situation.

5.) Eliminating all non-essential recurring monthly expenses. This goes hand in hand with #4. I demoted my blackberry to a dumbphone and saved $60/month. I cancelled my cable, cancelled my gym membership, stopped all of my worthless contributions to a 401k and a Roth IRA, purchased an older but more fuel efficient vehicle, use my bike and a backpack where I can and bought survival food to save over $400 a month in food costs.

6.) Learning how to cook. And when I say cook, I mean cook from the basic ingredients that provide life to humans. I do NOT mean cook with anything that comes in a package that has an ingredient list. I have bought some very basic survival food and have been learning how to create many of the things that no one seems to make from scratch anymore. I make my own sourdough bread from freshly ground wheat and yeast from the air, I make my own catsup, I have also made the best black bean burger I have ever tasted. Eating this way has made me a vegetarian I guess but I never realized it...if you are full by eating something that tastes good, you don't miss the superhormoned meat. The ingredient list on these cans consists of only the item pictured on the label. Cans of the basics only last so long though. I do not have a garden so my goal is to be able to live on food purchased from farmer's markets in the summer and canning what is not available after summer. It is a daunting task for me because I have been just as addicted to the American lifestyle as everyone else has.

7.) Converting all of my dollar based holdings to precious metals and distributing them amongst nearly 20 locations in privately-known geocaches. This one sounds insane. But, it is natural to survival - A squirrel doesn't even need a GPS. If you try to do this, make sure to keep a written log of where they are in case the GPS satellites are disabled by "terrorism". I estimate a 20% loss due to someone seeing you place the cache, forgetting where it is or not being able to get to where it is when you need it. That is acceptable to me in that situation. One tip on locations: Can you find your cache with a metal detector? If so, you might have failed.

8.) Looking to the future and how to be self-sustaining. For me, this means saving enough in precious metals and assets to be able to buy land and build a small house on the land. Part of this plan is obviously a garden. This may not happen for me or for some of you before things in populated areas become very uncomfortable. I am ok with that for me but that is still my goal - I wish it had been my goal 5 years ago!

This is my first and probably last real ATS post. I will always read the real news here and the ideas that may or may not be available to read in the months to come. The above list is only what I have concocted for surviving the crazieness around us. If you are like minded, please post any things you are doing to survive what is coming or what I have overlooked. If, on the other hand, you think I am a crazy, isolationist nutbag then just read or watch "Nineteen eighty four" and tell me how US society has not moved closer to that nightmare in the time you have lived.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFrenchPickler

uh i dont think owing money on your house in the end is going to make much of a difference if cash is worthless why we are through a transition of currency change .maybe you will owe more later on but i think when tshtf you are pretty much safe to stockpile food and water and arm yourself.that is my plan anyway.everything else i will depend on directions from God

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
YOU GOT IT!! ALSO THIS IS INTIRELY OF THE SUBJECT BUT IT DOES INCLUDE SOMETHING TO PLAN FOR, THINK ABOUT, AND RESEARCH!!! ASK YOURSELF!!! HAS THE POLE SHIFT ALREADY STARTED? WHAT IS A GALATIC ALIGNMENT? WHAT ARE THE EFFECT'S OF A GALACTIC ALIGNMENT ON EARTH BESIDES CONSCIOUNSNESS AND ACENSION? CHECK OUT THE WORLD MAP AFTER A POLE SHIFT!!! RESEARCH WHAT EFFECT THE STAR SIRUS HAS ON THE EARTH AND THE JUNCTION OF LAND AND SEA!!! ALSO LOOK UP IN THE SKY. IS SIRUS THERE? I MAY HAVE GIVEN TO MUCH INFORMATION FOR MY OWN GOOD!! SOME MAY LASH OUT AT MY COMMENTS, BUT I'M ONLY SUGGESTING YOU DO THE RESEARCH . I'M NOT STATING OR DECLARING ANYTHING!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I didn't read the previous guys comments, partly because A) it was in all caps and B) he lost me at galatic alignment which has been proven several times over to be hogwash. In any case...

I find it quite interesting that you're rat holeing precious metals in a geocache sort of way. That sounds extremely risky. Can you provide any more insights as to the best way to do that?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
mine is much simpler than yours.

1) Survive.

2) Rule over the new emerging world.

3) Profit.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

"Profit" is a word alot of people here don't understand. Wherever there is major conspiracy or major world attention, there are major dollars to be made by those that realize its hogwash.

I encourage those that believe in apocalyptic scenarios to beware of scam artists.

And I encourage those who understand real truth to take as much advantage of the situations as necessary to take care of their own.

Which side do you see yourself on? Believe the hype and lose, or not believe the hype and protect yourself?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forteana
I didn't read the previous guys comments, partly because A) it was in all caps and B) he lost me at galatic alignment which has been proven several times over to be hogwash. In any case...

I find it quite interesting that you're rat holeing precious metals in a geocache sort of way. That sounds extremely risky. Can you provide any more insights as to the best way to do that?

Show us said hogwash? please and thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
There are many foreign natural medicines that you still can buy online or some stores, no prescriptions needed and good for long term storage. 2 examples :

Camu Camu (Strongest natural source of vitamin C on Earth).
Sangre de Grado (Cures almost everything).

Also, 2 books : Peterson Field Guides Edible Wild Plants and Peterson Field Guides Medicinal Plants and Herbs, there are available online too.

I hope that help.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yea i'm not getting why your trying to get out of debt if the worlds going down anyways. Seems to me you'd be running that debt sky high as the world as we know it will no longer exist and there won't be anyone around to care if you owe money.

And precious metals are gonna be used for what exactly? There trading value will be nothing to the roving gangs that are gonna be springing up all over the place but maybe a bottle of whiskey might prevent them from killing you.

I don't think you really understand the scenario your laying out. It's as if you need to survive yet you think the world will return to the way it is after a couple months or something?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Forteana

You are right, I had meant my post to be funny, but it is true as well.

Even TPTB are using this idea, “You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid,” -- Mr. Emanuel

I am personally on the side of finding the "truth" about any situation, and be on the good side of it. Meaning at the least survive, and if possible make a profit out of it.

You have to agree every crisis is going to cost people in that crisis "money", either dollars, gold silver, or whatever is acceptable at that point in time. This also means that someone is going to get the said money, and if you can be there to provide the needed items for the cost you can profit.

I have to state here, before someone rips me to shreds, that I do not in any way approve taking advantage of people in a crisis, however anyone who can provide the needed product at the needed time for reasonable cost is also helping the people in a crisis, as well as making a profit.

And also if you know what to look for and are in a position to do so, you can prevent some small crisis from forming.

TPTB are not only at the top level, similar organizations are found everywhere. And sometimes a crisis is formed just by circumstances, and leaves a good opportunity.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I am out of all nonsecured (creditcard/auto) debt because who knows if debtor prisons are coming back. At least with the house they have the secured asset so jail would be less likely. A car depreciates so rapidly it can hardly be called secure. The signs for debtor prisons are emerging now with swat teams for student loans and child support. If you are forced to pay someone in court and then don't, you are now in contempt and headed for the slammer. This could happen with a house too but it would be everyone at that point.

As for precious metals, they have always held value, even in times of raping and pillaging (or even moreso during those times). They may not hold value in certain areas at the beginning of TSHTF but they will somewhere and that somewhere is where I want to go. For me though, it is more of a short term protection scenario to save enough to buy land. The dollar could crash tomorrow or the next day or never. Dollar cost averaging the investment in metals over years protects somewhat against a metals crash too.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

Well, you can believe NASA and astronomers, just google it, or you can believe people trying to sell you a book. You decide.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
My survival plan:

1.) To sit down and not let the paranoia over run Me and accept what is to come with My honour still intact.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i wonder what you people will be thinking 30 years from now if the sh!t never hits the fan?hahaha. you will be old and gray and will have forgot where all your gold is,hahaha, imo, invest in guns...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I would add one thing to your list. Learn a skill that would be useful in a barter system economy. I still haven't decided what would be the best skill to learn, but as an example, if you could make bow and arrows you'd be able to trade those with, say, someone who had a garden. That's just a basic example and you might not want to supply those around you with weapons, but I think you get my point.

If you assume that precious metals can be traded, then all sorts of things can be traded. And it doesn't have to be things that are vital to survival. After things "settle down" people will want goods/services that bring them closer to a normal life or just makes life better in general...hair cuts, new clothing, knife sharpening.

Edit: Just thought of a good skill: wine making or beer brewing. It would be like the Blue Bell ice cream commercials...drink all you can and sell the rest.
edit on 21-6-2011 by canselmi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I don't have a plan. I have food and I have water; I may or may not have shelter depending on the severity of what I see around me. It is possible I will see this home I am in washed away in a horrific movement of water caused by an earthquake that takes out our most northerly reservoirs.

I am not worried about what tptb think of me, heck I don't even think they know who I am, even if they tried to find out; but, that is of no concern.

I had decided to walk into the year 2000 debt free and I did it; I have refused to fall back into that existence long ago.

I am not attracted to shiny silver and gold objects, but I am attracted to flowers, trees, and plants; so this is where I have invested. I believe seeds will be worth more than gold, more than anything else. Then from there plants are the next commodity. Gold cannot be consumed but only worn to adorn! Otherwise it should just be left where it is laying, or buried!

new topics

top topics

join