It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China drilling for oil in S. Texas..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This has probably been posted, but I cant find it with search. Dont know how to post part of the article either.

www.mysanantonio.com...

This article is what I found when I googled and its from oct last year. My husband heard a rumor china was drilling our oil. I guess it's true. It has already started. They have the oil workers here and have set up shop.

Now, I'm curious why oil has to come from forein sorces, we want middle east oil, china wants american oil. What gives? And why are we fighting for others oil, not use our own, but sell out to china because they waved some greenbacks?

Im not for or against this yet, because I dont know enough. So if someone can find a previous thread or has information I can use to become more educated on the oil game, it would be much appreciated. I am just learning how all this stuff actually works.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Not just the oil game you need to educate yourself on mate - not being funny but there's evidence around that they're taking US Land too along with owning the debt on one hell of a lot of Mortgages for peoples homes so when America defaults on the debt they owe China they'll swoop up the lot.

Better learn how to speak Chinese. They're already indoctrinating the kids through TV cartoons etc.,

Good Luck! You're on the Yellow Brick Road.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well, I have not heard about this before and I am from Texas... From the article, I get the impression that it is more of a.... Merger... So to speak... Than just China coming over and drilling... They are working WITH a US company and they were speculating it would bring 20,000 new jobs to the US.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
don't forget fresh water that they are pumping out of the great lakes.....

our officials have sold us to the highest bidder ..... or more or less the high roller of the world economy

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes, they are bringing in people from elsewhere, and paying for there rooms and meals (cant remember what its called) which will mean more business for these small towns. I think the article said it covers 11 counties. So not sure it is a bad thing yet.

It makes sense now why, early last year my husband got a call to sign some papers so he could get royalty? Idk , but there are so many names on the land he would only get like 20 bucks a year. So he didnt sign. They were pretty aggressive too.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
yeah uh hi sorry to bust your bubbles but is doubtful they are ''drilling'' the oil.what they are probably doing is setting up oil rigs on sites that already have wells and are ''pumping'' the oil. you see texas has hundreds of oil wells ready to go but what is needed is the means to do this if anyone ever watches the tv shows about this you would know how many millions of dollars they spend every week just to keep the oil flowing the u.s. has probably contracted the chinese to use their own equipment.which would save them money in the long run and they can still collect royalties or taxes or debt or whatever reason they have for this
i wouldnt worry too much about this ....i would however be very concerned about the govt selling 50 square miles of land to the chinese in idaho.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
That's been going on for quite some time, my friend. I've seen it in Louisiana all of my years in the oilfield. But.. They contract out local companies to do the work and they work along side them, since there was/is some law against them working exclusively without citizens working with them. I'm not sure of the specifics.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I have a friend in Houston who has been running rigs in China for seven years.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Uh oh... I'm from Texas y'all..... and if the Chinese are here drilling for Texas oil... well....we will see what happens!

Lets hope its not giving AMERICAN oil to ANOTHER country! Speak up Texas. What gives?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

First I have heard of it, and I can see oil rigs and refineries from my house. I love how they say "it will bring 20,000 new jobs to the area" when in reality they mean it will bring 20,000 new people to the area.

I also love how we have some of the highest gas prices around, yet we are surrounded by refineries. We need to break our addiction to oil.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Hey, ot question.. Did u ever pawn/sell a ps3 in S.A.? I swear the master account email addy is icweiner@.... I could use the password, lol

On topic, thanks for the replies. Im gonna try and dig more info up.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I live in South Texas and have many family members involved in the gas drilling. Some of them worked for Chesapeake a couple years ago before Chesapeake got into major financial problems. Lawsuits and tax issues. This is nothing but an investment issue with the Chinese to help Chesapeake get back on their feet. The good thing is that there are tons of gas companies here, so Chesapeake will be getting a fraction of the pie. As far as the economic impact is concerned, the service industry is going nuts. Hotel after hotel is being put up and filled instantly. Lots of oil field workers are being hired, domestic and the local economies are booming. People are making money hands over fist here, my family included. With that being said I would still rather them stop and find a renewable method of energy b/c we like arkansas are starting to experience earthquakes from fracking. The gas industry is terrible for our environment. I encourage my wife and her family to stop working for these companies, but how else can you make six figures w/o having an ivy league education? Getting back to the topic of the chinese, there's nothing to see here, move along.

new topics

top topics

join