It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle in Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

What do you (litterally) feel when you pray?

Well i feel intense joy. Before bed everynight, after i had a long and arduous day, sometimes i could be feeling depressed, or angry, or unconfident. I open up my Tehilim, and read Pslam 48, 145, 146,147,148,149, and end it with 150. The inspiration i can get from these readings is incredible; and being spoken in the Holy Hebrew language. You feel profoundly enlightened. Every word becomes a channel of prophetic understanding.

Im not a prophet, but when you read these words with sincere intent to understand, understanding pours in. The deeper metaphysical meanings become revealed. Your heart pours with love and awe for G-d. Each psalm speaks to you. Each one has its own archetypal quality that corresponds to someones own unique personal situation.

After i read Psalms, i do my daily fact checking. I go over everything i did during the day, and i ask for forgiveness; i ask for greater strength to act differently and do what is right. To be more conscious; conscientious, and loving, and more fearful of sin, and wrong doing.

After this, i pray for individual people; my loved ones, etc. Then i'll make a general prayer for all those who are sufferring and in need of strength and encouragement, and for the creator provide a means for that. Then i finish off my prayers, for Israel. For the Jewish people. For their success (and by no means do i think Jews merit this. Only the observant and sincere among them do) and For the glorification of his name. For the Moshiach to come, and for the world to reach its intended state of Tikkun (rectification).

Some nights i am sometimes exhausted, or energized from the intensity of my feelings during this period, which usually lasts for an hour. But lately has been around a half hour.

I do this because it is right. At night my heart swells in love for G-d. I do it because i know it will make me stronger. Also, and today was a good example, when i am feeling lazy, or dejected, or i know im not doing something i should be. I pray for it the night before, and in the morning, my first intention is to do it. I am in the right state of mind. This morning i went on a pretty long jog (something ive been avoiding) around teh neighborhood and came back tired; but through the rest of the day, felt rejuvenated.

Is this feeling only felt by Jews, or does this happen to everyone who prays?

Well, im a non-jew and i experience it.

Listen, i know there are some Jews who think differently, but theyre wrong. Holy Spirit can come to anyone; Jew or Gentile, if theyre sincere.

Judaism, and the Jew, are simply a symbol. Their religion - their holy Torah - represents the only true authentic word of G-d. Its depth is mindblowing. The mysteries of Hebrew, gematria, and kabbalah and wonderous. The bible is a wonderful book of metaphysics.

But unfortunately, not all Jews are sincere, observant people. Some are Jews in name only (JINO), and they have absolutely no sense or appreciation for the sacred.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

and what exactly is arrogant about Jews or the Torah?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Thwax

and what exactly is arrogant about Jews or the Torah?

Oh I don't know, maybe its your belief that you are the chosen people? Or your beliefs that you can act as you please because anyone else isn't even human? Don't get me wrong, I fully support Israel against the wider Arab world.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Typical fanatic response.
Just because I believe in the fact that people do things in the world, not some "all knowing 'god'", this makes me athiest? Way to go.

Even if I was xtian, doesnt mean that I'd have to say GOD DID IT, IM USELESS.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

Did you even read my post?

Im not Jewish, first of all.

And second, the proper way the Jewish people should be understood (and how many Observant Jews understand it as) is as a symbol for G-ds presence in this world.

What is a priest? Hes the intermediary between the trascendant and abstract and the physical. Man in this world is the physical; theyre the ones born into this world for the purpose of developing it. The priest however is unequivocally focused on the sacred and divine. All his thoughts are wrapt up in that. He doesnt deal with the day to day activities of the real world. His heart is separated from that and 'consecrated' to the lord.

In this sense, the Jews are the priests of mankind (The Torah infact calls the Jews 'a nation of priests') who singular job is to be the representative of G-ds purpose in this world. This purpose is twofold;morality ie;proper living, proper actions. And this proper living will lead to proper knowledge ie; deeper awareness of G-ds presence in this world in each persons life.

Thus, the Jew is used. 71 men serve in the Sanhedrin, symbolic of the '70' nations of the world and the nation of Israel. The popular number is 72 (which has metaphysical meaning). 72 is G-d. He presides over all.

The Jew and non Jew are essentially the same in G-ds eyes and anyone who says differently misunderstands. The purpoe is for man to live in diversity. With different cultures, different religions, and yet amidst this beautiful diversity, they are one. They think as one, appreciate each others differences, and instead of this being looked at as a reason for 'conflict' they see it as a thread of cohesion. G-d created each person different. Hes given each culture its own strengths. The crowning glory of G-d is when mankind FEARS him, and LOVES him - and when these attributes take highest priority, no one would be so coarse as to start a conflict over petty and inconsequential differences. Ethnicity and culture is merely a uniqueness that G-d gives each people. It is not to be a source of conflict, but as an appreciation of differences. Hence why he created a world with such multiplicity.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

That was typical? Strange. I thought it was too 'mystical' and metaphysical to be regarded as 'fanatical'.

Whats fanatical actually is you regarding my feelings towards G-d, and reality (which are actually quite deep, meaningful and good) as fanatical.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
No 'Nation' is the chosen one.
No 'People' are the chosen ones.
God, and religion only exist in peoples MINDS. Its nothing but a theory to which you choose to place your belief.
I believe another ffilps will free my mind, where as you believe another prayer will free yours.

I'm sick of people believing religion and their 'gods' are real.

I'm sick of people justifying war and death before of their personal belief god, or religion is real.

The clear and simple reason Israel won this war, was because it had the west in its corner providing

men, material, munitions and intelligence.

Also, because Israel conducted a sneak attack.

Its like the Nazi's, they conducted a sneak attack with Barbarosa and look how close they got to Moscow until the defenders woke up. Are the Nazi's the chosen people? hell no.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

That was typical? Strange. I thought it was too 'mystical' and metaphysical to be regarded as 'fanatical'.

Whats fanatical actually is you regarding my feelings towards G-d, and reality (which are actually quite deep, meaningful and good) as fanatical.

I say typical fanatical response, because you say typical athiest response. Im showing how idiotic it is to lump everyone together. But you act as if you know it all, and as an above poster said, you come off quite arrogant in many of your posts.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Oh. I didnt realize you were responding to an earlier post.

I never 'lumped' you together with an atheist. I merely said it is a typical response that you would get from an agnostic/atheist.

Wouldnt someone who believed in G-d believe that he can interfere with the natural order?

To be more precise, a deist would think as you do aswell.

But you act as if you know it all

Ummm.. Alright. Cant help that i have knowledge that you dont

and as an above poster said, you come off quite arrogant in many of your posts.

First. No above poster - atleast from my perusal of this thread - called me arrogant. Maybe you read that in a different thread.

Second. You confuse confidence in my religious beliefs, with arrogance. You are free to disagree. I merely categorized your attitude as being typical of an atheist/agnostic one, and a deist or pantheist would probably have your opinion to.

But i did explain that what you regard as natural i regard as a means for G-d to subvert the natural. For instance, for Israel to defeat Arab armies who outnumber them in military personnel and tanks/aircraft, to still beat them, in a wonderous 6 days, AND the Egyptian radar broke down just when Israel was about to attack them. I say that is pretty wonderous. I say the natural order is being skewed with.

To me, that is the greatest symbol of G-ds mastery over man.

Technology may be a wonder to us; but to G-d it is no different from any other form of idolatry. The ancients worshipped natural principles, or processes. Likewise, we worship the wisdom behind science; which is a study of natural law. We worship mechanical things, in other words. G-ds skewing with nature, with advanced equipment, with bullets, guns and making a complete mockery of it; it puts man in his rightful and inherently meant place; to be a servant of the one G-d.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Israel had superior military hardware and superior military tactics whereas the Arabs had a larger standing army but were inferior in every other tactical and strategic aspect.

Your comments stating G_d is supporting Israel are rather frightening as it shows the bigotry you support. Remember the crusaders though G_d was behind them as did almost every other ancient standing military. Subsequently the world was a backward place: Are you a backwards person?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

The Jewish people are a symbol.

Symbol of what???

I don't think you'd like the answer if you asked everyone.

Just another propaganda thread from you is all I see..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Israel had superior military hardware and superior military tactics whereas the Arabs had a larger standing army but were inferior in every other tactical and strategic aspect.

Your comments stating G_d is supporting Israel are rather frightening as it shows the bigotry you support. Remember the crusaders though G_d was behind them as did almost every other ancient standing military. Subsequently the world was a backward place: Are you a backwards person?

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about do you?

1948:

The Arab forces were trained by the French and British.
Later on they began adopting the soviet military doctrine and were equipped with top of the line military weaponry.

While the Arab forces had 9 fighting brigades against 12 Israelis, a very large number of the Israeli soldiers had little to no military training. In fact, many of them were Holocaust survivors who were drafted as soon as they arrived to Israel
edit on 20-6-2011 by gravitational because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well I will add to this and correct me if you think i'm wrong.

First of all God doesn't need a symbol. Everything to follow is laid out perfectly in the bible which i've read a few times and I don't recall it ever mentioning that the Jewish people were going to be a symbol till the day he comes back.

I'd think if he had wanted that to be the case he would have mentioned it plainly somewhere and not let word get out through you on a conspiracy site. I've never once heard this mentioned from anybody in the Jewish community who you'd think would be wise if this was actually the case.

And if the Jewish people are a symbol I don't think God is using them for a very good example of his greatness as all the strife they've endured over the years. If they are a symbol i'm looking at it like...um..ok so this is how God is gonna treat us? Let us suffer these horrible things and um....ok some of us won't be tortured and killed?

I'd pass and take my chances.

Also the 6-day war had some some strange events but no more than any other conflict. WW2 had it's share of weird stuff especially in regards to some of Hitler's decisions but i'd hardly chalk that up to divine intervention as there are obvious reasons for them all.

And since a your very well read on the war you should understand that although militarily Israel got a quick defeat had the Arab nations decided to launch a full invasion that they would have stood no chance whatsoever. The only thing holding them back was the threat that Israel had the full support of America and the Arab nations would have been going to war with us also.

After just coming out of WW2 they decided wisely to back down rather than face us.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

How did Israel, just a few years after the horrors of the holocaust, manage to defeath the 6 Arab armies coming against them in 1948?

The real question is, how did Israel just a few decades after the holocaust, manage to stoop as low as those who oppressed them in WW2?

Im sorry, all Im seeing in the OP is silly "chosen people" praising. The nazis are reviled for their concept of "master race", yet the jewish concept of "chosen people is praised and revered... especially by the christians (who seem to forget that the jews, to this day, hate jesus and see him as a false prophet.)

I also like how the rosiest of verses from the bible are used to paint an image of jews being unconditionally loved by God over other people.... when actually the bible shows that jews have been repeatedly been warned of doom and punishment by several prophets including Jesus himself.

edit on 20-6-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Budy I'm reffering to the June-1967 war

How did Israel win the 6 day war against armies much bigger and more powerful then themselves?

The war of independence was trully a remarkable effort produced by Israel. Superior military tactics and strageties played a major part in comparison to Arab reluctancy and hesitation especially from Jordan. Don't forget Jordan became an active participant in the Israeli war of independence only when Israel launched an attack to capture Jerusalem. Before you call me a history revionist note the word active

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

You have absolutely no idea what your talking about do you?

1948:

Gee you're right..I have no idea..
I though the 6 day war the OP is about was in 1967, not 1948.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

And I'm not going to watch the video, as I can tell where you stand from your avatar alone.

Most of us here are much less cryptic about our views, you should feel free to share and not hide yours.

and by your avitar, you believe in aliens? How is that any diffrent?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

But in my opinion G-d works through nature. He directs the thoughts and minds of men; he causes one to plan one way and causes the enemy to be unable to react to overcome it.

Think for a second. That's a dangerous path to tread because what you are saying here is all those murders rapes etc are also Gods actions and not crazy peoples actions. And also, remember that it is in YOUR. OPINION. Not fact, so to form a geopolitical viewpoint based on that is erroneous.

Thus, if 'bullets are missing' people, and one keeps on discovering all the things the enemy has set up against you....you begin to realize that everything is orchestrated by G-d.

"Bullets missing people" - These are the kind of war propaganda prevalent in German nazi history. Hero soldiers and whatnot needed to prove the superiority of the Germans above the others, otherwise it would be terrible for moral.

But to get one thing straight here;

Do you believe the Israeli are the chosen people and as such they are entitled to more than their fellow human beings? (irrelevant if bible etc tells you, I want to know if this is your belief through and through)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I see you still haven't followed my advice to read a book.

"Six arab armies" - I like that you portray them as some unified looming force. Truth of the matter was that the Egyptians and Syrians couldn't even get their men mobilized, there was no communication between them, the Palestinians, or the Jordanians. The Iraqis kept trying to take over the operation, and the Saidis and lebanese just stood back waving flags.

It doesn't take a miracle to win when your foe is incompetent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join