It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father's Day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Firstly I saw a lot less people out celebrating "Father's Day" than they do "Mother's Day", when all the restaurants are full.

This makes me wonder, is the relationship between fathers and sons somehow downgraded politically?

Perhaps it is that fathers and sons simply don't get on that well?
As the black tribes here tend to say: you cannot have two bulls in one enclosure.

However, generally I think the relationship between men had a bad social context since the sexual revolutions.
Perhaps it's also that fathers are associated with the law.
There could be many reasons why relationships sour for many years.

I'm just wondering how others experience father's day.

Mike and the Mechanics - The Living Years:

edit on 19-6-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
well..if nothing else..

thanks for that song..

I loved that song and me and my father never had a good relationship..

peace...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Maybe the family does something else or takes fathers on fishing trips instead of to a restaurant?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I think people should not celebrate Father's day.

I think we should think everyday as a Father's day,Mother's day and
any other day and give them our best respect.

Anyways,
Nice thread and song.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I don't particularly care for Fathers Day too much. All it does is add extra stress, more functions to attend, more gifts to buy and in general effs up a good sunday.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I really don't like all the holidays we have. keeps you attatched to relatives, it cost so much money too. Let people move on and love your parents alot, but you don't need a day to celebrate everything under tha Sun.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What dad? My father was a lousy drunk / pothead who abandoned me and my mom when I was three years old. I don't even know if he is alive now or not. Last time I saw him I was thirteen years old too. Then the last thing I heard about him was that he may be losing his eye and having to get it replaced with a glass one because he wouldn't go to the doctors office after he got into the postal wreck at his workplace. ((He worked at a post office.)) So yeah... I tend to forget fathers day a lot >,>
edit on 20-6-2011 by Rishiana because: Forgot a word

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruthh

I really don't like all the holidays we have. keeps you attatched to relatives, it cost so much money too. Let people move on and love your parents alot, but you don't need a day to celebrate everything under tha Sun.

yup, most of us would cost much.

top topics

join