It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hell do people think that WE are paranoid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Everyone else is always worried about how they look or about how other people think about them and they're the ones that think that we're paranoid? Doesn't it seem odd to anyone that society worries about the most stupid stuff and then when we worry about politicians and people in power we're the ones that are looked down upon? It just seems to me that there is this huge double standard.

Most paranoia about politicians is justified, if not, more justified than worrying about your own personal drama. I'm sure most people here have wondered about this... I suppose one could make the case that the people who worry about stuff that doesn't exist have problems and are paranoid, but, a lot of this stuff is legit, or if not, it's interesting/good speculation. Mosteople do the same things... but most people just don't do it with politics.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The brainwashed blame everyone who thinks differently. They are brainwashed. Thats all. Were not paranoid at all. Not even close. I call it being careful and cautious.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well there is the fact that when you think you look bad odds are you probably do. Good reason to be worried or paranoid.

Now ask yourself how many conspiracies have ever come true? How many threads talking about predictions or government cover-ups have you ever seen come to fruition. They usually pass and the community moves on to the next thing in the pipe.

Remember y2k being the end of the world or Bush/Cheney signaling the final phase of the NWO, all the alien talk about disclosure coming, the uncountable earthquake and volcano predictions that have come and went.

I believe those in the other world have the better track record.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Go to GLP, if that doesn't answer your question then I'm done. A few spolied apples spoils the bunch, like race. People think because I'm black and female i'm supposed to be emotionally strong. Not, I have mini-breakdowns. Hope that clears it up for ya, I'm out.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

that's not being emotionally strong its called being insecure and confused.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I guess that's pretty much the answer to my question. My next question is then how do we start talking about conspiracy theories and this stuff to other people without falling into the stereotype? And by stereotype, I mean by the conspiracy cultists that are often portrayed as being conspiracy theory heroes by the MSM, or the "alternative media". How do we prevent the few bad apples from making other people bad and making us look bad? I think that conspiracy theorists need intellectual defense-- not just from the MSM, but also, from people within the very movement that is trying to create voices for alternative views. Not to seem more sane... or for it to have more credibility, but, for multiple people to have a say without getting dismissed just for believing in a conspiracy theory.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Who said Im paranoid????

I hate it when people talk about me behind my back, it happens all the time. Even just walking down the street as I pass by I can tell by the way people look at me that they are talking about me.

Most likely plotting to kill me....

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I think many don't want to know the truth, because it can be overwhelming to find out the huge lies we've been fed, and its hard to know what to do with all that emotion. Also ,it is difficult to see how change will come about.

To put it bluntly, the truth can be VERY depressing, and a lot of people would rather say it isn't the truth then deal with the knowledge that can scare them, frustrate them, and make them feel hopeless.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Sorry but whats GLP?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I am not paranoid.

I am prepared.

I'm paranoid because I'm not brainwashed into thinking a higher power will save me in the event of an emergency.
That's what they'd have you think.

They say I'm paranoid because I have a weapon to defend myself and enjoy shooting it.

So it's up to you to decide if I'm paranoid or not. What I say about myself doesn't matter.

I imagine many others on ATS feel the same way. We are not paranoid. We are prepared.

And one day, we'll be able to tell all the people that derided us and called us "paranoid"-

"Told you so."

Keep fighting the good fight, ATS'ers!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I think that a lot of people don't want to hear the truth because they think the world is such a great place because they love the life they're living and want to keep living it. Most of the time people are taken aback by the cynicism that I have of the world when I talk to them. But when I actually talk to them most of the things that I say makes sense... but initially they would rather believe that things in the world are as they should be, and, they like thinking they're good thinkers.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Sorry but whats GLP?

Godlikeproductions.com better known as Doom capital of the world
edit on 19-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Really? So you refer to others as brainwashed due to your own ego complex, you call another weak because they have mini breakdowns? If I could cry, I would. You've never had to leave your own little bubble of protection, so you cannot comprehend how people in that state feel, ergo, you revert to primal attacks just like you say the ones who are 'brainwashed' do.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i think people think were paranoid because conspiracy theorist types arnt thought of to highly in the media

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
When you watch tv or listen to mainstream music, think about how they are brainwashing you. They will have VERY small scenario's or jokes about conspiracy's, politics, home gardening paranormal, the list goes on. Its almost like a small advertizement. These scenario's happen so fast you dont have a chance to question them. When you see it over and over and over and over, it gets stuck in your head.

Dont get rapped up in it. Their programing is multi layered and you getting mad at the people that judge you is apart of that program. Dont think you better then the people that buy into that stuff, its not their fault, every one has different life experiences. Thats apart of the program as well. From what I have experienced, those people dont think with philosophical reasoning, they are on autopilot and they dont even know it. I find my self drifting off just like them, you have to fight it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
To quote the great Sly Stalone, "We are all a little strange it's the straight one's you have to worry about." From Get Carter. People are always scared of what is different it's the lies they tell themselves to make them feel comfortable about hating someone. Same thing with a lot of people towards those with tats and piercings, you must be a criminal if you have that. So we come to a conspiracy site so naturally we must be paranoid, instead of actually interested in something's out of the box. Just issue the mandatory Ludacris to them, "Get back get back you don't know me like that." argument ended.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by gabby2011

I think that a lot of people don't want to hear the truth because they think the world is such a great place because they love the life they're living and want to keep living it. Most of the time people are taken aback by the cynicism that I have of the world when I talk to them. But when I actually talk to them most of the things that I say makes sense... but initially they would rather believe that things in the world are as they should be, and, they like thinking they're good thinkers.

You cant say it that. Thats just like the media calling us all crazy nuts. SOME of us maybe "crazy nuts" but not all of us are. Every one is different. You cant just tell them stuff and expect them to jump right on. Some will, but most wont. You have to find out who they are and talk to them about something that they can relate to. Their are conspiracy's in just about EVERY topic. You have to guide them to a path and if they take it, they take it, but if they dont it does not matter. Its their life and their choice. Having more people know whats going on, is not going to change much if all the people do to help is to "wake others up."
edit on 20-6-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Maybe it just has to do with the fact that a lot of people are too easily manipulated? I look at a lot of this stuff and I never really think about how it influences me because I know that it's mostly junk. There are a few mainstream artists that I like such as Green Day and Black Eyed Peas and Immortal Technique. I would agree that a lot of mainstream artists are junk and only think about sex. Since a lot of people hear these things that's pretty much what they talk about and what they think about all the time. It's important not to ignore these people or to try to shove them aside. They possess great intellect and we should try to help them use that intellect for other things other than being just getting wasted with this stuff.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I agree with them mostly. Some people believe the weirdest things like indigo children, starseeds, or the illuminati is chasing them.

top topics

join