It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Economic Perfect Storm- The Second Great Depression

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
and more and more...

I could go digging more but I have to say this....

It is not looking good for Americans in general.... As a herd they do not understand that the rich are way ahead of the game... and the politicians have never been intelligent enough to know this....

edit on 22-9-2011 by ripcontrol because: missing sign changed the whole thing....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The biggest shame is that the tea party is not independent but merely a function of the GOP... I would have hope for the country.....

now the odds are low because the evidence is quite clear that their are issues in the economy... And no leader has emerged to a level necessary to stop this...

So yeah the Bilderburg group is well aware of this....

I think it can still be averted... but the decision has already been made....

Someone who is a friend who read this thread asked me if this could be avoided still... I answered yes....

Why do you think I posted the threads on open advice to POTUS.....

The money brokers have decided already who will be the next president.... And the O-Man acts like he knows....

But if he did a 180 assumed command and attacked he would go down as the greatest president in US History... If out of his petty revenge against the powers that be he went on a true offensive ...

The American economy can still be rescued... It will be a nasty surgery but the predictions will be adverted....

The Prediction stands as a SEPS.....

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

American Brace for the next wave of foreclosures

But a painful part two of the slump looks set to unfold: Many more U.S. homeowners face the prospect of losing their homes this year as banks pick up the pace of foreclosures.

"We are right back where we were two years ago. I would put money on 2012 being a bigger year for foreclosures than 2010," said Mark Seifert, executive director of Empowering & Strengthening Ohio's People (ESOP), a counseling group with 10 offices in Ohio.

and you want to guess something else

yahoo MIT researcher

Most of the computer scenarios found population and economic growth continuing at a steady rate until about 2030. But without "drastic measures for environmental protection," the scenarios predict the likelihood of a population and economic crash.

However, the study said "unlimited economic growth" is still possible if world governments enact policies and invest in green technologies that help limit the expansion of our ecological footprint.

and the paper they reference site
Limits to growth

Home

In 1972, the book “Limits to Growth” was published. It argued that unchecked consumption and economic growth on our finite planet was leading the Earth towards ‘overshoot’ of its carrying capacity, followed by disaster.

In 2004 an updated edition was published; “Limits to Growth: The 30 Year Update“. Analysis of data gathered over the time since the first edition showed that the original models appeared to be realistic. Oil industry expert Matthew Simmons was quoted on the cover of the 2004 edition:

Predictions-
Housing market going south again

Without maximizing resource usage economic and environmental breakdown..

I find myself doubting the sincerity of the last one a hundred percent.. Let me rephrase this... the timing of it is my source of questioning of it.... I am of a highly untrusting nature of the media and its tools...

I do however agree to the necessity but for different reason...

I dont not have a love of trees and want to go make love to one...

However,I do want space travel and the necessary technology will come from the what is being mislabeled green side of the tech tree

hydro-ponics
Solar converters
Hydrogen fuels
Converter cells (yes different tech point then solar)
Gravametric drives
artificial gravity

the fastest way now is from the other avenues of tech... I will interpret this papers to mean that the necessity of invention will soon be upon us...

What this adds to my predictions is two new factors, maybe....

The main question is this... assume for a second this 2nd GD hits pre-election-

game changer

We might see artificial manipulation of these factors coming up soon to prevent temporarily the 2nd GD from hitting pre election...

if this is coming-
expect news on the financial front soon- The white will sign into law something or the Fed will act within the next two weeks...

They have to have time for the band-aide to be deployed long enough for the election

Prediction-
without a leader in DC- expect similar Austerity cuts just like the EU is enforcing.....
(social security- va pensions- federal pensions)

The us might seize state funds as well- (relax the o-man will make it legal)

You might see the beginning of the construction of more interstate tollways

You will see at least three more taxes- revenue generators-

Obamacare might pass... the government needs the funds from the fines....

any of these attempts are band-aides for the chief source of the problem which will not be address

Again another timebomb in the form of the Unsustainability factors is built into this economy are gathering like a Super Economic Perfect Storm... the conditions are all there

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

get this, not just for houses but for those nice new condo's ect.... billions of dollars are here in damages... this will kill the construction/ x industries....

This is why we need to support the unions.

I know that alot of people do not like unions, but they have pretty strict rules on where you can buy your materials.

The carpenters I work around hang drywall all day everyday and some of them are getting up there in age, not sick at all.

Not only that it supports jobs right here in america. If oyu are not american, then I am sure there is somethign you can do to support your cause to get rid of this China syndrome.

it just goes to show that you get what you pay for.

unions are good>China bad

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Thats OK. I listen to folks like this,and I don't believe you.......

Dean Singleton, chairman of the Associated Press board, showers President Obama with praise before he addressed the audience: "As president, he inherited the headwinds of the worst economic recession since the Great Depression. He pushed through Congress the biggest economic recovery plan history and what a government reorganization of two of the big three American automakers to save them from oblivion. He pursued domestic and foreign policy agendas that are controversial to many, highlighted by his signature into law of the most comprehensive health care legislation in history ..."

4 more years,and America will be wallowing in Greatness !

(Heavy Sarcasm in this Post)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join