It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Economic Perfect Storm- The Second Great Depression

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well America hold on to your britches shes is gonna be a beaut....

How bad is this storm gonna be..

1st storm front---

I was just informed of this....

Housing Market-----
Houston woman

HOUSTON – Texas is among the states where imported drywall, mainly from China, has reportedly been making people sick and destroying homes.

??????
dont feel bad I had the first ?????? on ya there... it seems to be an overlooked little greedy conspiracy...

Brought in cheaper timber and dry wall...

get this, not just for houses but for those nice new condo's ect.... billions of dollars are here in damages... this will kill the construction/ x industries....

msm another article...

Keith Baker noticed sour smells emanating from the walls of his newly built home in Fort Myers, Fla., soon after he took up residence there in March 2008. Then the copper pipes from the water heater turned black, "as though someone threw soot on them." Soon, Baker and his wife started experiencing sinus problems, dizzy spells and muscle aches. They are among thousands of homeowners in Florida and elsewhere who are blaming such problems on low-quality, imported drywall.

What is funny my sources says you have not even touched the lumber side... this should burn this industry...

IT HAS NOT SETTLED....

But it gets better....

Transportation is getting hammered...

You do not seem to realize cost are still going up for the cost of everything from the last gas push upwards...

After gas we have some new regulations hitting... starting in california...

martinez gazette

The trucking industry is preparing for the first of a series of crippling regulations dealt them courtesy of the California Air Resources Board (ARB), whose goal has been to combat the side effects potentially caused by diesel emissions. Over the past several months, the science behind these regulations has come under increased scrutiny, specifically due to the credential fraud committed by one of ARB’s lead researchers.

All Drayage diesel trucks older than 1994 must be retired from service. Those built between 1994 and 2003 must undergo a costly retrofit — a soot trap ranging in price from $12,000 to $25,000, depending on the age of the vehicle.

not real important till you realize this... how embedded is California in you local economy.... bet you have not considered that....

Add in the new unreal expectations placed on truckers now....

Mike coffman

(WASHINGTON)— Congressman Mike Coffman (R-CO), chairman of the Oversight, Investigations and Regulations Subcommittee for the Small Business Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives, presided over a hearing today on the concerns of small business leaders regarding proposed new rules limiting the trucking industry’s ability to efficiently transport goods across the nation.

Coffman convened the hearing to explore the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) proposed new Hours of Service rule that would reduce the daily maximum driving limit, decrease the maximum on-duty time limit, require mandatory breaks, and change the current 34-hour restart provision.

“The proposed FMCSA rules are completely unjustified as they were derived using outdated truck-related crash figures. In fact, current figures from the Department of Transportation show a reduction in truck-related crashes by over 40 percent since the current Hours of Service rules were implemented in 2003,” Coffman said. “It is clear this is another example of bureaucratic overreach by the Obama administration into the private sector— unnecessarily restricting businesses and creating yet another burden on small businesses.”

so truckers move less....

we seeing a deadly trend here... OUCH...

We had an interesting thread I came across today on gold and silver.... if the reach of this comes out....

ATS I will make this prediction now.....

Should these three factor meet I predict an economic collapse here is why....

The author of rich dad poor dad added in one more point to this...... The elderly are now living off of the system (the greatest generation's children... the baby boomers)

drawing out of 401 k's and other investments to live...

The best move I have seen so far...

Buffett buys railroad

Warren Buffett is again putting his massive stash of cash to work and making a big long-term bet on the still-struggling U.S. economy.

On Tuesday, the head of Berkshire Hathaway (BRKB) announced his biggest deal yet: a $26.3 billion cash-and-stock acquisition of Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNI) that values the railroad giant at $34 billion.

It was classic Buffett: buying an easy-to-understand company with proven management and at a price that will likely generate long-term gains, says Lawrence Cunningham, author of How to Think Like Benjamin Graham and Invest Like Warren Buffett.

with all the other factors I have mentioned this puts him at the top of his game... he sees it to... he will make every penny back and a lot of extra to boot...

This is Kent Walls And I do not like this prediction but I am making it

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I've been talking to coworkers and family for a few months about it this sort of thing.

I originally scheduled the collapse for August 2nd- National Default Day.

Now it seems Mr. Geithner moved up the date to July 8th just today.

July 8th is now when the US will run out of money and default on all if its debts.

So I must ask, are you ready? And I don't mean moving your assets into precious metals or withdrawing your cash. After the crash, the only items of value will be food, guns, and bullets.

Because I'm ready. Now I'm just waiting to tell my family and friends, "Hah, told you so!"

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The more I hear about this Chinese stuff being bad for you, the more I begin to wonder whether the West should consider China a terrorist state.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We already had a Second Great Depression and it happened right after the first during FDR's presidency. The fact that you have errors in your post just in the title makes the rest of your thread suspect.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

We already had a Second Great Depression and it happened right after the first during FDR's presidency.

That is a matter of opinion.

edit on 19-6-2011 by FTD Brat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

sad but true, the forecast of an economic disaster is becoming a growing trend on ats as well as MUCH of the public. i believe that "you create your reality" to many degrees, & with this "collapse" being put increasingly into the minds of humans - it is inevitable to some degree. there is a great cleansing taking place, a transcendental cleansing.

question for the reader however, is "What are you looking for in all of this?"
are you looking for advanced freedom, happiness, famine, or destruction? for what you truly seek with your energy, that is what you shall receive. that is the law of attraction.

as for the law of nature however, this too shall pass

i just wonder how many have the iron will that is required to make it through the coming storms.

be well

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Can you provide a link to this....

Default time table got moved up??????

A Told you so....

yeah I invested along the lines of the intelligent gremlin

edit on 19-6-2011 by ripcontrol because: sounded rude and not the way I meant it

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

It caught my attention as being of value... the chinese involvement in a second housing crash... ouch.... direct from an inside source...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Quit being a Troll. Dude brings up valid points and because he sees it as a second depression and not a third he is suspect? Suspect as what go back under your bridge..
Therian

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
We already had a Second Great Depression and it happened right after the first during FDR's presidency. The fact that you have errors in your post just in the title makes the rest of your thread suspect.

*self snip*
Sir the only thing preventing it from being completely true is the fact you took the time in another thread to think before you posted...

I am quite well aware of it... I sided with those that stated it was still part of the first one.... (GD #1)

Sir does this mean your lack of post here on ATS make your response circumspect and suspicious? Not yet...

I have not been rude to you sir you are being immature and rude to me... So let me Phrase this in your style

Housing market and chinese lead product present = billions lost in lawsuits and damages
trucking industry hit by new regs- in cali and the feds as well = millions in cost to corporations

RDPD- elderly withdrawing more from market then putting in = millions exiting market

bad news if these factors all play out true

Add in the garbage over gold and silver (look in pawn shops at adverts) ATS threads also....

market go down further pre-re-establishment of some kind of balance....

Buffett bought trains-

Trains- feds responsible for all- (check court rulings on amtracks)
major means to transport supplies us possibly

Does this spell it for you or do I need to break it down further?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Thank you for your support...

I was trying to find the info he said was there but I cant seem to find it... but I found a phrase of note that just made me go errrrr halt!!!!

Great Depression

Countries such as China, which had a silver standard, almost avoided the depression entirely.

can someone get out side confirmation of this...

I could but I want it to be separate from me for purity reasons... BRB

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Napoleon Hill... think and grow rich...

The reality we create, yes ... no argument from me...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I am unable to provide any links.

I swear I saw it on Fox News sunday morning but I cannot find any articles that are even slightly related on the internet. Even when I first saw it flash across the screen I couldn't believe it. Now it seems the MSM has agreed, and not run a single story about it. haha
And who's to say Fox was wrong? Either on the 8th of July or the 2nd of August, we're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat

I am unable to provide any links.

I swear I saw it on Fox News sunday morning but I cannot find any articles that are even slightly related on the internet. Even when I first saw it flash across the screen I couldn't believe it. Now it seems the MSM has agreed, and not run a single story about it. haha
And who's to say Fox was wrong? Either on the 8th of July or the 2nd of August, we're just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic!

Here's a few links for you.

www.huliq.com...

online.wsj.com...

english.ruvr.ru...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Thanks for the links!

Wow, and Timmy was saying that even before the soft cutoff back in May!

This is going to be an interesting next couple of weeks.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
home depot accused of violating ....law

In 1933, in an effort to protect American jobs, the US enacted something called the "Buy American" Act.

The law mandates that public buildings be built using only materials that have originated from the US and a few favored countries, like Canada and Israel. Home Depot has now become the latest American company accused of violating it.

and following a link

home depot violates.....

The photograph on The Home Depot’s website shows a line of smiling soldiers unloading a truck stacked with power tools and other company wares.

The company says this shows “federal dollars go farther at The Home Depot.” San Francisco attorney Paul Scott says the photo also shows the company providing Chinese-made products in violation of the Buy American Act, and the U.S. Department of Justice is investigating.

this in my opinion came out as part of the other investigations......

the signs are begining...

oh to add insult read the next part

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Extreme Couponing taking hit

Last month I described five reasons to steer clear of extreme couponing, and now I think I have a sixth: It brings out the worst in both consumers and retailers.

Industry watchers say TLC's popular reality show, Extreme Couponing -- which depicts coupon-obsessed men and women spending 30 to 40 hours a week cutting coupons to net pounds and pounds of groceries for pennies on the dollar (exhausted yet?) -- may be causing more harm than good in the real world.

they are cutting out the couponing advantages.....

a weird tactic, but I think they know this is coming.... their behavior indicates it

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Now to re-awken a sleeping thread-

The reason for this is after listening to liberal the program of tax the rich... yeah they deserve to pay more....

I think of the stupidity someone here mentioned of left versus right...

Let me lay it out straight....

you need the rich arrogant individuals you run down as much as they need you it is a symbiosis.... The truth of the matter is that you will NOT tax the individuals you are after with laws.... any taxes on them will result only in higher prices on YOU liberals....

I am restarting my life again and among those endeavors are multiple businesses... ( i think now is the perfect time to start a business because the rest of the idiots are running scared) With new taxes I will tell you exactly how I will deal with them... I will be forced to pass them on to you the consumer.... Expect smaller sizes for less...

This is the hardest part... they are better the you.... point blank they invested their time and energy into fields and endeavors with better results then you have... even if you change the rules their is a process it has to go through...There experts will help them navigate through any changes.... I am talking now myself with a CPA whose services I am considering using....

Now how does this tie into SEPS thread...

using my super psychic power of common sense I will add to this by using a method of psychic synthesis...

Lets us summon into our minds the image we have of walmart.....

I see....

Walmart will bring back its layaway program... I see October 2011 as a magic time

They are (I SEE) trying to compete with those companies that still do it

youll have to pay part of the cost... (it might be upwards of 15% probably just 10%)

an extra few of about five to ten dollars to do it....( a fee maybe)

But it will not be all peachy keen...
due to walmarts lack of ability to execute a well laid plan... the profits will not be as high as predicted...

again they run into a leadership problem (note the phrase... youll be hearing it a lot) the accountability lacking will absorb at least an extra ten percent at least....

it might only translate into an extra dollar of the price of the stock

What few people realize Walmart's numbers will be a key factor in this 'economic downturn'...

(I only go pc as to not offend those who voted hope and change)

If they clear lower numbers then expected..... do NOT expect the SEPS to be delayed further..... If walmarts numbers are lower the game is in the first stage of being over....

For those of you who doubt ... summon your own power of common sense.... how many people and companies use walmart as the marketplace of choice for their products....

now just let this percolate at the back of your mind....

the tie in...

with a coming increase in tax the rich mentality- the process of accelerating downturn WILL be increased...

Walmart's numbers being cyclic(seasonal) in nature (christmas, thanksgiving, and halloween) look to January 2012 and if walmart's report was at expectations you can breathe a little better....

if not.... go ahead and invest in three or four hours reading the survival thread by February.... otherwise your three or four hours of reading the survival forum is not due till June...

in conclusion.....
look to walmart to be an indicator of of SEPS
-subfactor will be release of games stops numbers...
-subfactor Amazon's online sales... and the outcome of the argument with Texas comptroller

more to come

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, I gotta say,. if the economy is tanking it will be quite a surprise to myself
and many of the companies I am associated with,.as we have all been saying
we are so busy we keep hiring help.
I go to the Mall, grocery stores, restaurants(at least once a week) and these places
are always full of consumers spending their money like it is no big deal.
In fact, I just talked about this very thing with my massage therapist tonight and
she said she needs a break cause of the many hours she has been putting in.

So I dont see it at least not from where I am standing..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I do not agree with everything..... I thought you would find this interesting

Aftershock book prediction

Robert Wiedemer’s new book, “Aftershock: Protect Yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown,” quickly is becoming the survival guide for the 21st century. And Newsmax’s eye-opening Aftershock Survival Summit video, with exclusive interviews and prophetic predictions, already has affected millions around the world — but not without ruffling a few feathers.

Initially screened for a private audience, this gripping video exposed harsh economic truths and garnered an overwhelming amount of feedback.

“People were sitting up and taking notice, and they begged us to make the video public so they could easily share it,” said Newsmax Financial Publisher Aaron DeHoog.

I followed a link to watch a video....

Promo video....

Over 10 Million Americans Have United to View This Powerful Warning to Prepare for a 2012 Economic Crisis! I Strongly Suggest You Take the Time to Join Them by Launching a Private Airing of This Broadcast Below . . .

Amazon... aftershock

From the Inside Flap
From the authors who accurately predicted the domino fall of the conjoined real estate, stock, and private debt bubbles that led to the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009, now comes the definitive look at what is still ahead in 2012 and beyond—and what investors can do right now to protect themselves.

Based on the authors' unmatched track record of precise predictions in the two landmark books America's Bubble Economy and Aftershock, this Second Edition of Aftershock updates the original book by more than 35 percent with fresh analysis of the latest economic developments, plus offers new in-depth advice for how readers can prepare now for protection and profits in the next global money meltdown.

the previous book

Americas Profit Bubble

Review
WORRIED ABOUT THE HOUSING BUBBLE? You should be, but don't let it monopolize your agita. There are four other bubbles also deserving of attention, according to America's Bubble Economy: a stock-market bubble, a foreigner-supported-dollar bubble, a consumer-debt bubble and a U.S.-debt bubble. When the five collide in a "bubblequake," the book's authors predict, the air will rush out of the pumped-up U.S. economy, deflating the average American's assets and standard of living.
But not to panic. America's Bubble Economy has a subtitle: Profit When It Pops. Eric Janszen, one of its four authors, suggests keeping 10%-15% of your assets in gold, which he sees rising "to a peak price of $2,500 to $3,000'' an ounce. Janszen et al. also recommend eurobonds and euro-denominated exchange-traded funds, because most of Europe isn't as indebted as the U.S. and its main currency should outperform the dollar.
A former venture capitalist and founder of the financial Website iTulip, Janszen says the U.S. is repeating errors of the Nixon era, including massive government deficits, under-funded entitlements and an unpopular war the government can't fund with higher taxes or special bonds. Throw in today's growing global demand for commodities, and "... all roads still lead to inflation, whether due to energy costs, unfunded deficits or dollar-currency risks," he says.
Janszen, who was rightly skeptical of the Internet craze early-on, tells Barron's that the current stock-market bubble is "a reflection of monetary inflation" rather than future earnings. A more normal trendline, he says, would put the Dow at about half its present level, or 6,000. Now, that's something to worry about.
—Susan Witty (Barron's, November 13, 2006)

The main parts is this....

Please note I wrote this thread before I had came across this....

To answer your question.... Nothing has been fixed on the governments end...

They refer to my tax dollars as revenues.... they are not revenues... the government is not going to work this out
edit on 22-9-2011 by ripcontrol because: gold fairy told me to

top topics

<<   2 >>

join