It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC apologizes for cutting "under God" from Pledge of Allegiance before U.S. Open

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is your quote:

What I don't agree with, is them determining what I can or cannot hear/watch.

No, censorship is censorship whether you can convey your message in other ways...
edit on 21-6-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Some of the founders saw a golden mean in regards to expression. Many of the founders supported the Sedition Act. Jefferson might agree with you though. He would probably have issues though with the amount of wealth and power wielded by NBC (Comcast/General Electric).

I actually agree, considering that General Electric escaped with millions less in taxes last year, and not just them, many other businesses, including Newscorp. I'm sure him and other founders would frown upon this large following of Libertarianism which insists we allow the corporations to run free like the fat pigs they are, while we turn away to what it is doing to this country.

Here's and interesting note, during the administration of Adams, a public health bill was created to ensure American sea men had the right of public healthcare. Interesting, huh? I don't want to go too far off from the OP now, we'll have this discussion another time.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
They are not sorry....they just HAD TO apologize because all of America was boycotting them and damn near ready to kick their @sses. They are a bunch of devils just like all of the other MSM stations. Why else would they even risk it all doing this? Their father is the devil. If the Devil is going to have any chance of beating Jesus at the battle of Armageddon......he had better muster up something smarter than this bunch of retards or he is toast.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17

Originally posted by dadgad
Interesting, there really seems to be a war against Christianity going on.

Is it the satanists? Is the rationalist, the nihilist? The Jew? Someone up there doesn't like Christianity that much.

So people that do not believe in Christianity is now a Satanist?

War against Christianity? You sound like our government putting "War" very freely on some misguided religion.

Maybe we are getting more intelligent and finding out that religion is a big fraud. How do you even know it's a Christian god? Would you be upset if we said "one nation under God" but it was an Islamic God? What makes your God better than some other God?

We need to ban the phrase "under God", period...

My God? Are you assuming that I am Christian? Because I can assure you I am not. I belong to no established religion.
It doesn't matter if religion is a big fraud. People should be free to practice it. Anywhere they want.

To just ban the word God is ridiculous. I would say ban the whole pledging allegiance. THAT I find ridiculous. That is the ultimate form of brainwash.

So yes, this is an attack at Christianity as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

If you aren't Christian, what are you? If you don't mind me asking.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadgad

My God? Are you assuming that I am Christian? Because I can assure you I am not. I belong to no established religion.
It doesn't matter if religion is a big fraud. People should be free to practice it. Anywhere they want.

To just ban the word God is ridiculous. I would say ban the whole pledging allegiance. THAT I find ridiculous. That is the ultimate form of brainwash.

So yes, this is an attack at Christianity as far as I'm concerned.

Really? For a Non-Christian, you sound like NBC not saying "God" struck a nerve with you. I have no problems people practicing religion as long as they don't interfere with my life. But when bible thumpers dictate what I need to say, do, or judge me because I'm not Christian, that's when I have a problem with it.

War against Christianity? You sure sound like a Christian to me. What non-Christian would say something like that?

Why ban the whole pledge allegiance? Why not keep it original, without the word "God"?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You forgot the word "hairy"!!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

So, this is where politically correct has got us.

The Government controlled MSM has decided God is to "edgy" I guess. We wouldn't want to offend any other groups of people, would we?

I for one am sick and tired of trying to please everybody. This country was founded on Christian principles, like it or not.

I want my God back in the Pledge of Allegiance, a pledge to a once great country, that hopefully one day will be great again.

IF that offends anybody, they can kiss my American butt.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

And I want your god out of the pledge, money, and whatever else you political group can obtain through sheer numbers of mouth drooling radical religious extremists. If that offens you, then too bad its the truth, and people that think like you pose a serious threat to the stability of this country. I think the whole christian political group is just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode, i really don't know which is worse, Muslims with ak47s, or millions of Americans with much more capacity of doing horrible things armed with a political agenda, the pen is mightier than the sword. Notice you already got it in the pledge and currency of the nation, even though it never was founded as a christian nation.

Good for MSN for taking that out of the pledge, but they did not want to offend anybody like the OP, people that feel they have a RIGHT to push their religion on every single member of the country regardless of who they are.

Those christians will get one hell of a wake up call one day.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

There are more of us than there are of you.

God Bless America!
----------------------
Maybe you should move to Canada?
There are just too many Christians down here in the USA who love God unconditionally.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There is a lot of bitter hatred in your post. Don't be so intolerant; that's not was America was founded on.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm all for references to religion being removed from government. I know it won't be. Religion is a means of control. The government will take all the control it can get.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
"To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism, and religious dogmas."

- Brock Adams, Director UN Health Organization.

-----
(snip)
-----

edit on Tue 21 Jun 2011 by Hellmutt because: T&C § 19) Advertising

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Actually, Islam is the worlds most popular religion. Sorry to say, but your god just doesn't work out enough. Better luck next rapture!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

So, this is where politically correct has got us.

The Government controlled MSM has decided God is to "edgy" I guess. We wouldn't want to offend any other groups of people, would we?

I for one am sick and tired of trying to please everybody. This country was founded on Christian principles, like it or not.

I want my God back in the Pledge of Allegiance, a pledge to a once great country, that hopefully one day will be great again.

IF that offends anybody, they can kiss my American butt.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Your post presumes so much that it makes my stomach hurt.

Show me the line in the constitution, declaration, or bill of rights that says "We believe in the One True Christian God jesuschristalmightyamen".

Let's pretend for a second that line exists somewhere. Who says we want the nation to continue on in this same vein? It's a new age, and Christianity isn't hip anymore. Maybe we want our nation to be founded under Buddhist beliefs? The American people are well within their right to collectively decide that, and you just have to lump it.

Meanwhile, back in reality, a nation founded solely under a single religion can never offer true religious freedom to its people. How could you fairly practice Islam or Judaism in a country where Christianity is the rule? It'd be like a Black Panther signing up for the KKK. That guy would not get a fair shake, even if the KKK grand poobah said "No seriously, we're super tolerant of your ideals!"

A nation founded under a religion is an intolerant, biased, controlling nation that I would burn to the ground before I pledged allegiance to it.
edit on 21-6-2011 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

Heaven and hell is you're own invention. Good and evil are you're own thoughts.

Each person must choose, which thought he will serve; which are both within him. He can choose the path of good, which leads too love. Or, he can choose the path of evil which leads to doctrine.

So in my opinion, deleting the phrase of "under God" in the P.O.A., is on the side of good not evil; because evil leads to the dark path of doctrine.

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 21-6-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeAndMirror
"To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism, and religious dogmas."

- Brock Adams, Director UN Health Organization.

How on earth does religious dogma equate to individualism??

It's exactly the opposite - dogma destroys individualism - if you want world government then achieving it throughreligon would be one of the easiest ways to do it!!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
The US Constitution

The words 'under God' do not even belong in the Pledge in the first place. The Pledge is about Patriotism, not about one's personal spiritual beliefs...

Kudos to NBC for having the testicular fortitude to edit them out in the first place, and shame on them for not standing up to the 'flock' and defending this decision!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

There are more of us than there are of you.

God Bless America!
----------------------
Maybe you should move to Canada?
There are just too many Christians down here in the USA who love God unconditionally.

Wow, that doesn't seem like a very Christian attitude at all. Are you sure you're not having yourself on?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

There is a lot of bitter hatred in your post. Don't be so intolerant; that's not was America was founded on.

I thought it was founded on slavery, cotton, hemp, genocide and war!

edit on 21-6-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
"Forgive them, for they know not what they do."
-Jesus

All I have to say on the subject.

Beez

wow.. if you study WHY he said that you'd wouldn't have put it here .. and YES>> ~!! NBC KNEW what they were doing ~!!!!

Heads need to roll.. ~!!!!! Jobs need to be cut from the head of the video/editing dept DOWN ~!!! As a Christian, I'll forgive and won't bring it up again.. but just like breaking the law.. you can ask for forgiveness with river of tears but that will NOT stop the recompense you'll receive by the crime you've committed~! Only God can stop the reaping of what we've sown, if he chooses to do so.

Saying your sorry is one thing for a honest mistake, but, if it's twice or more, it was deliberate!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join