It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC apologizes for cutting "under God" from Pledge of Allegiance before U.S. Open

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"Forgive them, for they know not what they do."
-Jesus

All I have to say on the subject.

Beez

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

You're as transparent as a pane of glass. Watch out, folks, he is trying to associate the fact that you believe in God with a political party. Don't get sucked in..just ignore the troll.

Kind of ironic since you just claimed NBC deliberately omitted "under God" because they were pandering to the left wing atheist wackos.

See, thats IRONIC because you just accused me of being a troll for something you just did yourself.
edit on 19-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

edit on 19-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

link   
dbl post

edit on 19-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

link   
Most of your comments so far don't surprise me.

This country is going to Hell in a ham basket.

link   
Besides, I thought Christians werent supposed to worship false idols. Isnt pledging ALLEGIANCE to a flag a false idol.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
who is nbc to tamper with the pledge of allegiance. the pledge of allegiance has "one nation under God". if you don't like it, then don't pledge allegiance.

no one is holding a gun to your head.

believe it or not, because you don't believe in God it doesn't make smarter or better. i just makes you a lemming that's following other angry, ignorant people over a cliff, who chose not to believe in reality.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
who is nbc to tamper with the pledge of allegiance. the pledge of allegiance has "one nation under God". if you don't like it, then don't pledge allegiance.

believe it or not, because you don't believe in God it doesn't make smarter or better. i just makes you a lemming that's following other angry, ignorant people over a cliff, who chose not to believe in reality.

So I'm angry and ignorant because I choose to not believe in something that has no shred of evidence behind, just some book written thousands of years ago?

Yeah...sounds about right!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
To Muse7
I believe that Under god would also cover your Zeus god btw.
EvERYone's God would actually be covered.
------------------------------------------------------------

So what's the big deal when it would cover everyone's religion?

I think that 'they'' remove it because it represents the one True God!

Yes more knowledge is available but people refuse to hear,
-- I believe people are more dumbed down THESE days, especially to the things of Christ!

edit on 19-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: added

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Pot, this is Mr kettle, Mr Kettle, Pot.

Anyway.
-America was not founded under "Christian" Ideals or as a "Christian" nation. While the true teachings of Christ share some principals with the founding ideals of America that does not make it a Christian nation.

-Under god was added in 1954.

-Under god is extraneous and redundant. If god exists then all things are done under him, he doesn't need to be acknowledged and praised every 5 minutes, he's not some 9 year old who's spoiled for attention.

-Our notions of God/Gods changes constantly, it will do so again.

-It is pretentious and arrogant to, by association, claim god approves of what we do through the pledge.
edit on 6/19/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by Signals

This country is going to Hell in a ham basket.

Hand Basket.
edit on 6/19/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

It must be so , i know i sound Crazy .... how else do you think the AC will get the masses in America? He will show signs and mircales only Jesus is rumored of doing.

A turning away from God / Jesus , must come so he can compel the masses to follow him.

Its best to just ignore , it all must come to pass.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

alot of people go around saying that but:

do tell then why was the capitol building in dc used as a church?

the freedom of religion in this country is the freedom to say god whenever the feeling moves them.

and its no one elses business to say they cant.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And it's also not the government business to decide when we say God.

The words "Under God" have no place in the pledge of allegiance because this country was not founded under Christianity but rather with freedom of religion.

You people can worship the flying spaghetti monster or your magical bearded man, but the government shouldn't get involved

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

So I'm angry and ignorant because I choose to not believe in something that has no shred of evidence behind, just some book written thousands of years ago?

Yeah...sounds about right!

there is proof, you just don't want to believe. an open mind is one that leaves the mind open to existence of God, not one that excludes it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

keep up that revisionist history.

keep telling other people what they should and shouldnt be doing

keep telling them how to think and act.

oh wait thats what government does.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by eNumbra

*shrugs*
Was it christian only? or did it hold multiple religions and ceremonies?

Regardless, it shouldn't have and I don't see something occurring in the past as a valid reason to justify its own continued existence/occurrence.

the freedom of religion in this country is the freedom to say god whenever the feeling moves them.

and its no one elses business to say they cant.

The freedom of religion in this country is the freedom to practice what religion you want. If you walk down the street shouting "GOD! GOD GOD! GOD god god GOD!", you'll probably be taken to a mental health facility.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

an open mind is one that leaves the mind open to existence of God, not one that excludes it.

Wouldnt an open mind b equally open to the possibility of G*d NOT existing

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actually quite the contrary

Religious folks have been the ones that have been telling people how to live their lives and what to say and what not to say.

That has been going on for centuries now, so it's kind of ironic that you would accuse me of doing such things

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The Pledge of Allegiance before a golf tournament? I thought that fake patriotic crap was only for brainwashing grade school children.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by eNumbra

*shrugs*
Was it christian only? or did it hold multiple religions and ceremonies?

Im pretty sure it was Christina only. But all it proves is the Founders knew that using religion to controll the masses was a useful tool of governance.

Churches were, of course, the central point of a community, and using a government building in that fashion served as essentially a public gathering place. The implication neo is making that this somehow proves the founders were all firm believers in the christian faith is reaching, and contradicts many of the founders actual THOUGHTS AND WORDS on the subject.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join