It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC apologizes for cutting "under God" from Pledge of Allegiance before U.S. Open

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
Hitler Youth Pledge of Allegiance

"I promise to do my duty in love and loyalty to the Führer and our flag."

I do not support kids pledging to any country or flag.

They don't even understand what it means.

But that is a different topic.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Well pledges are against the bible. Might as well just stop pledging all together.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My allegiance is to principles of honorable conduct and ideals, which traditionally have been articulated in our Constitution, particularly the Bill of Rights, and symbolized by our flag. I'm finding it difficult to be upset over how the media is broadcasting the pledge, when the government that is supposed to uphold the principles I value is now ignoring them. Especially, when it suits powerful special interests that have nothing to do with the American people at all except to exploit them.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag". Really, allegiance to a cloth? No, the cloth symbolizes the ideals of the republic, to which we also pledge allegiance in the line that follows. But to what are we pledging allegiance when the republic demonstrates it can be bought and sold beyond the will of the people from whom its powers are supposed to derive and for whom it is supposed to serve?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

do tell then why does the president and congress and plantiffs put there hands on bibles and pledge.

a president being sworn in places his hand on a bible
a congressamn does the same
an appearance in court does the same.

al righty then.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Because they are ignorant. After all, the same God the Red Cross's founders claimed to be doing help for is the same God Westboro Baptist Church pledges to. Ignorance in religion is high.

link   

Originally posted by Miraj And lol, since when has the government controlled MSM? I see it the other way around.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

"what a boring game"
find somebody who cares!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

do tell then why does the president and congress and plantiffs put there hands on bibles and pledge.

A bible is not required.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

yep the atheists take every opportunity to kill god and make it a dirty word

and replace government with it.

i pledge allegiance to the government of the united agencies of government, and to the democracy which is nothing but mob rule and seek to diminish the rights of the minority cause hell we feel like it.

one nation under government,indivisible.with slavery and oppression for all.

nbc and the left would be happy with that.

kill god to become god.

and yet here on ats is another thread about the political agenda of fox news which received alot of replies

but since the is nbc funded by soros and the main stream obama cheerleaders oh and by the way saw fit to leave out god many times before now the press is just following suit.they will condisder this a non issue.

they dont fear islam but christians oh hell dont you dont say god.

i have had enough of the hypocrisy
edit on 19-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

you must worship in a christian madrasass...every sentence does not make any sense

this (pledge of allegence) is a pledge for unity of our fellow countrymen, that has nothing to do with a religous idea. you sir want the christian version of sharia law.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

oh come on man

there is only one god by whatever name he she or it is called.

and its the people who put that twist on that.

i swear if i was a lefists i would be sitting here and calling you a bigot but I AM NOT

my personally philsophy is religion is between that person and their maker.

and that means people are free to believe or not to believe but they they dont have the right to be telling someone else.

the persons choice they decide and they are free to do whatever with that choice.

but what people dont have is the right to take that choice away from them or censor it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

"Atheists don't replace God with Government... What a ridiculous statement. You consistently exhibit troll-like behavior"

If you take God completely out of the mix then where does your rights come from?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

learn reading and comprehension skills man and stop wasting my time and twising my post to suit your own agenda,..

give me a break quote where i have said that
edit on 20-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Kitilani
Hitler Youth Pledge of Allegiance

"I promise to do my duty in love and loyalty to the Führer and our flag."

I do not support kids pledging to any country or flag.

They don't even understand what it means.

But that is a different topic.

I wholeheartedly agree. As a child, we spent the first moment of each day of class reciting the pledge as well as the "Our Father." I did this from kindergarten up through the eight grade. I am not exactly sure when it was that it occurred to me but at one point I recognized the fact that these adults had us mindlessly repeating words that they never bothered to explain or teach until about sixth grade anyway. So I did not understand the point of making me repeat something over and over and over again without even making sure I understood or believed in it. The fact that it so closely resembles the same brainwashing techniques so wonderfully explained by Adolph Hitler is just that much worse. They never taught that part to us though.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

no its not alot of people do

its their choice and its not a choice that other people should be making for them.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

learn reading and comprehension skills man and stop wasting my time and twising my post to suit your own agenda,..

"kill god to become god"...soooo....kill a mythical being to become a mythical being...is how that sounds

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
First, for those of you who seem to think "under God" was always there: The History of the Pledge Of Allegiance

Second, regardless of what religion the founders of the United States followed you must remember why they came here in the first place (for the most part at least), freedom of religion. No one should be forced to believe (or not believe) in a religion just because the majority does. I personally believe that many of you (on both sides) need to take a moment and put yourself in the shoes of the other side. Personally, I do not think it is right for "under God" to be in it. I have nothing against people who believe it should be, I just think it divides more than it unites.

Also, I would like to know what purpose the pledge even serves anymore today, other than making people attack each other over their beliefs or lack thereof.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

my own agenda?

why is it so hard to have a "pledge" that DOES NOT have america under god, as it was originally written?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 20-6-2011 by neo96 because: not worth it :carry on

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

and that means people are free to believe or not to believe but they they dont have the right to be telling someone else.

Oh sorry mate, close but no cigar. See, currently the two biggest religion on the planet, Islam and Christianity, a whooping +2 billion people, demands that their followers tell others. I'm afraid there is no other thing to say but that you're wrong. You do have a right to tell other people they're wrong, right, or apathetically indifferent. Freedom is limitless, only to the punch you swing. IE, you can say whatever you want to another person, as long as no one dies or is hurt.

the persons choice they decide and they are free to do whatever with that choice. but what people dont have is the right to take that choice away from them or censor it.

By censoring the part of the pledge they are purposely going against and fighting against most people in the nation.

I would prefer no pledge at all, hell I'd replace it with the following:

"I promise to protect the Constitution of the United States of America, and to the republic, for which it stands, Godly in claim but separate in action, with liberty and freedom for all."

You remind the people the religious reasons for the freedoms they have, but also acknowledge the fact that the practical side of the government is, indeed, secular.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's a choice; not mandatory.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join