It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very serious warning...Obama finds legal way around the 2nd amendment and uses it.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

This is a real threat to our freedom. US citizens should never give up their constitutional rights becuase of treaties with foreign governments. Luckily the NRA is watching this. Help them out. Clinton has promised to push this UN agreement through the senate.

www.nraila.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Originally posted by fixer1967
reply to post by kro32

" I don't see a threat. "

Remember you said that when the SWAT team is at your door asking for your guns. The worse threats are the ones we do not see.

True. But sometimes you cant see them because they arent actually there!

OK, let us look at it this way. Which is going to be worse, me being wrong or you being wrong? If I am wrong then how much damage is done? If you are wrong how much damage is done? To be honset I hope I am the one that is wrong but if you are the one wrong then we lose everything. It has happened before it can happen again.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by fixer1967

Ooh, better put on that tinfoil hat and hide in your bomb shelter then.

Is this what ATS has been reduced to?

You may want a tinfoil hat of your own before this is over with. This is just the beginning.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

reply to post by kro32

" I don't see a threat. "

Remember you said that when the SWAT team is at your door asking for your guns. The worse threats are the ones we do not see.

True. But sometimes you cant see them because they arent actually there!

OK, let us look at it this way. Which is going to be worse, me being wrong or you being wrong? If I am wrong then how much damage is done? If you are wrong how much damage is done? To be honset I hope I am the one that is wrong but if you are the one wrong then we lose everything. It has happened before it can happen again.

Well, thats just the thing. You can re-post an unsubstantiated email rumor from two years ago and PRETEND its credible. And it doesnt matter if its credible or not, in your mind. Because you arent interested in truthful diologue.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Bring it

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey guys? Did any of you actually read this thing?

It's a treaty to restrict the international trade of firearms. Has nothing at all to do with any of y'all's 2nd amendment rights.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Hey guys? Did any of you actually read this thing?

it is obvious none of them have, why should thay?

It's a treaty to restrict the international trade of firearms. Has nothing at all to do with any of y'all's 2nd amendment rights.

See! If they had read it, their conspiracy theory would have been very short lived

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Won't happen, even if these treaties are signed. I can guarantee you that I'll die before I give up the 2nd Amendment. They would have to bring in a foreign military, and the vast majority of our military would defend THE CONSTITUTION (no the President or any other politician). They better study that oath that every active duty member of the military and veteran took. We will defend it. Period. You can take that to the bank.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

He can't do anything of the sort without Congress. They, and they alone, can ratify, or not ratify (which is much more likely) any treaties. UN or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Won't happen, even if these treaties are signed. I can guarantee you that I'll die before I give up the 2nd Amendment. They would have to bring in a foreign military, and the vast majority of our military would defend THE CONSTITUTION (no the President or any other politician). They better study that oath that every active duty member of the military and veteran took. We will defend it. Period. You can take that to the bank.

CAN YOU PEOPLE READ???

the "treaty" is about EXPORTING arms to other countries...jesus, and you wonder why others think you guys are crazy. it took me 2 minutes to realize my second amendment rights HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. get a grip on reality!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The Senate would have to ratify it.
The states would have to ratify it
And the supreme court would have to rule on it.

Then SOME poor sucker would have to collect the guns.

Then you would have to get the people to turn in there guns and not just bury them with ammo for later possible use. or just to screw with the count of gun out there and guns turned in.

Even in Australia the numbers of guns turned in never came close to matching the number of guns that the government believed were out there.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Although most Americans have a short attention span...about the length of a sound bite...this kind of treaty is going to look very stupid in the face of The Justice Department and the guns being sold across the border to Mexican Drug Cartels.

Here we have a case of the Government calling the kettle black.

They got caught in the cookie jar attempting to make a case against gun ownership in the hands of ordinary peoples...Amercans and got a Federal Agent killed with one of the guns they sold to those across the border.

They are going to look very very stupid trying to enforce gun control on the American People...but that will not stop them from trying.

Historically when something like this is tried it is under a kind of Emergency Measure. In like manner to when the Government took the gold away from the public. 'They asked for the public's gold under emergency economic measures then after they got most of it ..then they passed laws saying the public could not own it.

It would not do them any good to outlaw it first then ask for the gold/guns.

But Emergency measures ..usually work on an unthinking, media/movie trained and fed peoples. Particularly in an Emergency.

Public Education also works well on a Movie/media trained public. After all..who pays for and finances public education?? Think it through ..it fits.

Thanks,
Orangetom

<< 1  2   >>

join