It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very serious warning...Obama finds legal way around the 2nd amendment and uses it.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

VERY SERIOUS WARNING...OBAMA FINDS LEGAL WAY AROUND THE 2ND AMENDMENT AND USES IT.

www.citizens4freedom.com

On Wednesday the Obama administration took its first major step in a plan to ban all firearms in the United States. The Obama administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control, the Obama administration can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties, all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign governments.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

edit on 19-6-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here comes the man who has admitted that he will probably be a 1 term President and has said his family is OK with that, as if they could stay if they weren't Ok with it. I was wondering what he would do if he didn't think he would get a 2nd term, would he ban the guns in the first term if it was apparent he couldn't win a 2nd? Could he get Congress to do it, then the Reps took the House and I assumed not so as he went to bomb 2 nations without Congress now he seeks to ban guns without Congress. It appears we won't have to wait to find out and it appears the 1 termer has made his move

www.citizens4freedom.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This has been posted before, and it will never fly. Number one it has to be ratified by congress which wouldn't happen. Number two, please point in the general direction of the nearest agency with balls big enough to even attempt to collect the firearms.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
how many decades will these same fear issues directed at a voter base be taken seriously?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The article says March 2011, but when you get to the link where the full article links are, it takes you to an article from 2009.

Sounds like old news.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yeah, I really don't see this as too big of a threat. The article seems to mainly talk about the export of weapons. And the decision-making process would need the consensus of each state. Good luck actually going around confiscating the thousands of personal weapon stock piles in the states... not to mention the article is from October 2009.
edit on 19-6-2011 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
While this should be alarming all this would do is make me laugh. Obama would look more of a buffoon than he already is because it wouldn't work. First off Congress wouldn't allow it as he's already on Congress's bad side because of his recent decisions. Second even if Congress did support it, I'd like to see them pry the guns out of Americans' hands. I guarantee there would be more dead cops and agents attempting to do this than citizens. Guaranteed. It would be a disaster that would bring the whole corrupt system down.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I remember this being a chain email right after he took office. It doesn't really matter anyways because as someone said before the president would need two-thirds of the senate to ratify any treaty with a foreign nation. No reason to panic or be afraid of this article.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

I believe it will happen eventually, but not without a large depopulation of US citizens first. You know, a false flag nuke here, a pandemic there. I believe it's coming and that is the only way to make it happen without all out civil war. IMHO.
seeashrink

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You know what ATSers. Tell those dirty mofos COME AND GET MY GUNS!!!!!!!!!!! Ill have a warm present waiting to. There is no treaty that can take away you inalienable rights! The constitution CAN not be changed!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

PERIOD!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
The constitution CAN not be changed!

So you do not believe in the 2nd amendment, nor the other 26!

debunked here
www.snopes.com...
edit on 19-6-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Bring it on, suckaz!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

You know what ATSers. Tell those dirty mofos COME AND GET MY GUNS!!!!!!!!!!! Ill have a warm present waiting to. There is no treaty that can take away you inalienable rights! The constitution CAN not be changed!

Foreign laws do not trump the Constitution and the above poster was correct that the President may negotiate treaties but Congress must approve them. Congress can't get gun control passed now and they would never get this through.

Congress is very diligent about giving up their power to foreign countries which is why they refused to join the league of nations back in the day so this would never fly.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If firearms are ever to be totally banned in the US, it will never be an instant thing like this. It will be a slow, drawn out process of reducing the type and number of firearms we can have, until it gets to zero.

In other words, exactly what is currently going on, but it's still very far away before total gun control will take place.

Anybody, even a president, knows that to just instantly ban all guns would lead to thousands upon thousands of dead ATF officers, or whoever else they choose to collect firearms. It just wouldn't happen that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As already mentioned, treaties must be ratified by the Senate:

Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, includes the Treaty Clause, which empowers the President of the United States to propose and chiefly negotiate agreements between the United States and other countries, which become treaties between the United States and other countries after the advice and consent of a supermajority of the United States Senate.

Notice the phrase "advice and consent".
What one has to be weary of is that this only requires the Senate, and not the House of Representatives, and only 2/3rd of those Senators present have to agree. Watch for a time where the majority of senators present are Democrats and these alleged treaties are presented. Be ready to launch suit in the Supreme Court.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
In related news, I have it from an un-name source high up in the government that Obama will be coming for all the white women soon.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spade_
This has been posted before, and it will never fly. Number one it has to be ratified by congress which wouldn't happen. Number two, please point in the general direction of the nearest agency with balls big enough to even attempt to collect the firearms. :Lil:

They will not have to collect them. All they have to do is pull all the ammo off all the store shelves. And if you were ever dumb enough to post on-line what you have that will be cause for them to call you a terrorist and have the SWAT team raid your house. People are dumb to post online about what they have and some even post pictures as well. If they wanted the bad enough they will get them even if it takes years to do it. Do not think so will just ask any one that lives in Australia. They did not think it would happen either but they were wrong, dead wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
planning and scheming is one thing,
enforcing it will be a whole other ball game.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
As already mentioned, treaties must be ratified by the Senate:

Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, includes the Treaty Clause, which empowers the President of the United States to propose and chiefly negotiate agreements between the United States and other countries, which become treaties between the United States and other countries after the advice and consent of a supermajority of the United States Senate.

Notice the phrase "advice and consent".
What one has to be weary of is that this only requires the Senate, and not the House of Representatives, and only 2/3rd of those Senators present have to agree. Watch for a time where the majority of senators present are Democrats and these alleged treaties are presented. Be ready to launch suit in the Supreme Court.

This is actually alot harder than you think when it comes to topics as volatile as gun control. I don't think it would ever be possible to get 2/3 of the Senate to go with this issue. It's would be political suicide to vote for this and they would know it. Once they are kicked out of office then next Congress would just repeal the treaty so I don't see a threat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join