It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO confirms strike hit wrong target, killing Libyan civilians!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

NATO confirms strike hit wrong target, killing Libyan civilians.

www.washingtonpo st.com

TRIPOLI — NATO officials said a coaltion bomb appears to have landed in a residential neighborhood of Tripoli early Sunday, an acknowledgment that will likely fuel a growing controversy over the West’s protracted effort to oust Moammar Gaddafi.

Libyan officials said a NATO bomb flattened a two-story house, killing two children and seven adults. The strike came a day after NATO confirmed that last week it accidentally struck a vehicle carrying allied rebel fighters.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.startribune.com
www.telegr aph.co.uk
newsinfo.inquirer.net
[url=http://www.daybreakingnews.com/post/NATO-Admits-Accidental-Hit-On-Tripoli-Residence-Libya-Says-9-Civilians-Killed.aspx]www.daybreakingnews.com[ /url]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
War On Terrorism
Social Issues and Civil Unrest
Breaking Political News
General Chit Chat
edit on 19-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh man this is got to be most of the most serious errors in 2011 Libyan civil war. Even during the NATO bombing in 1999 Serbia, a lot of Albanian refugees was accidentally killed by NATO warplanes who was mistaken for Serbian forces. Now NATO are repeating the same thing again in Libya.

I hope this war is not going to get worse. I think this incident probably due to bad Intel.

BTW more links on the bottom of this information.

www.washingtonpo st.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Jeez, I read an article earlier this week about a bus full of civilians that were hit too. We are killing way to many people, this has to stop.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The cold blooded psychopaths behind this relentless reckless mass murder, cannot be told, I guess, that "this has to stop." How do you tell Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gayce, "this has to stop"? It really does need to stop. We are all good average shmos with empathy. consciouses, and common sense, and there are all these possessed monsters over us, HELTER SKELTER doing what they want. It may be time for the rabble to rise up and uh, do what they want.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
How much would you like to bet they'll "accidently" blow up another bus load of civilians? The odds are at least 10:1 in favor. The US involvement overseas is getting really obnoxious. And you know what's worse? There are people still who actually believe we are justified in being over there. Apparently that's all the support our elected maniacs need. I think I should buy an island, declare sovereignty, and align with Russia. Our real world can best be described as being a cross between Pinky and the Brain and Animaniacs.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightwhosaysNi

The US had a minimal role in Libya. It's mostly European wars.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

Helmed by the same crazies, just wielding somebody else's sword for a change.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Peace Prize lawl. Seriously though this isnt a hostile action at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

THis isn't UK warplanes and US(i mean US don't have any warplanes in Libya as of now). It was thought to be a French planes per article.

Source Telegraph - The air strike is thought to have been carried out by French jets. Nine people, including a mother and father and at least two toddlers, died in the blast at a three-storey building, Libyan officials said. Journalists saw the body of a woman removed from the rubble in the early hours of yesterday and the bodies of casualties at a hospital. The nationality of planes operating in the area at the time has not been disclosed, although RAF aircraft are understood not to have been involved. The French defence ministry on Sunday night declined to say whether its aircraft, which include Mirage 2000 fighter jets and Rafale multirole combat aircraft, took part. It said it was up to Nato to disclose the nationality of warplanes under its command. However, Nato said it was up to national governments to do so.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Is it just me or is Nato killing more civs/friendlies than hostile enemies?
edit on 19-6-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo

Peace Prize lawl. Seriously though this isnt a hostile action at all.

Thats right. It's a "kinetic action".

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

It's me too.

link   

edit on 19-6-2011 by simone50m because: This post duplicated, and I don't know why.

link   
This is the first they reportedly 'Admitted' i'll more then wager there have been countless others

Humanitarian Mission,

top topics

join