It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What town dumped its police and hired "foreign"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Mods, move this if necessary.

About a year ago, I read about a town up north. They had pretty much fired their local cops and hired some bunch with a name like "Team America" or "American Security Force" or the like.

I think this security force was made up of Serbs.

The city voted all this in against the will of the people.

They had an empty prison nearby.

I'd appreciate either a link or the name of the city.

I'd like to see whats going on now. Thanks in advance ATS'ers!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
hardin montana

keywords:

Michael Hilton
American Police Force APF
Serbian-born Californian
Two Rivers Authority
Two Rivers Detention Facility
Earnhart Civil Suit

edit on 19-6-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
check this thread my man..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The town was Hardin, Montana ... they never had a police department. Law enforcement was and still is the responsibility of the Big Horn County Sheriff's Department and the Montana Highway Patrol. There is some controversy of exactly who brought in these mercenary cop wannabes, some members of the city government say they had no idea about it until they showed up.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Some info:

If you go to Youtube and search 'Sheriff Mack", there are a lot more videos.

edit on 19-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

that vid is lagging bad, they must be messing with my connection

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevooo
reply to post by jude11

that vid is lagging bad, they must be messing with my connection

Really? Worked well for me.

Did u go to youtube and search 'Sheriff Mack"?

Plenty of others and even a very long one with the actual sheriff.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Good to revive the story!

American Police Force ("APF"), and under its new name American Private Police Force, is a private military company. Its legitimacy to operate in the United States is unclear.[1] The company's previous logo was an exact copy of the Serbian state coat of arms which caused some controversy and resulted in the Serbian government threatening legal action against APF if it did not remove or change the logo. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
OP, here's a good website with some info:

publicintelligence.net...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
Mods, move this if necessary.

About a year ago, I read about a town up north. They had pretty much fired their local cops and hired some bunch with a name like "Team America" or "American Security Force" or the like.

I think this security force was made up of Serbs.

The city voted all this in against the will of the people.

They had an empty prison nearby.

I'd appreciate either a link or the name of the city.

I'd like to see whats going on now. Thanks in advance ATS'ers!

Facts are fun and the truth is important, if for no other reason than the town you referred to did not privatize its police department.

Hardin MT did not privatize their police

What Hardin looked into was leasing out their jail facility to a private security agency that is geared towards training for law enforcement as well as military. Why you may ask is that relevant? Hardin was one of the cities that ws looking into housing detainees from Gitmo, and since those detainees dont fall into the same classification as other inmates, something different would be needed.

It is true the AFP did bring in 3 cars that had logos on them referencing the "new police". However this was done without the consent of city council, who promptly ordered them to remove those decals, and the company complied.

So yeah, no town dumped its police force.
The entire circle of events surrounding that rumor have been debunked.

Shirley Adams is the wife of Ron Adams, the mayor of Hardin, Montana, and answered questions for this article about the privatizing of the Hardin police. Shirley said that no such thing had occurred and that the Big Horn County Sheriff Lawrence “Pete” Big Hair and his deputies are still patrolling their city of about 3,500 residents, a town about 45 miles southeast of Billings.

Also, the state of Montanna's constitution specifically forbids the use of private security in a law enfrocement setup as described by rumor circulated.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What exactly does a Supreme Court case that deals with a law that was challeneged in 1997 have to do with whats going on in Hardin? What Sheriff Mack accomplished was challenging the Federal Government who at the time required the Sheriff to run the FEderal background program for people wanting to purchase a firearm. Sheriff Mack argued that he is not a federal employee, and nor does he take orders from the Fed.

Nothing more.

The notion his court case somehow established supremacy of a county sheriff is lacking, and people like to cite this case without even knowing what its about.

Anyways, the op story is untrue, and this has been debunked.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thanks so much!

You guys rock!

new topics

top topics

join