It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another sight of Mars, truly another world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Mars seems always so full of life-forms..!!! Beautiful

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by j-man

am I just wanting to see water so bad that I imagine it here?

It looks a lot like water inside the crater.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Here is even what looks like some form of lake:

Not sure about the source of this picture though.
edit on 20-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is nothing more than black & white computer generated imagery converted to colour and heavily over processed. Ok I guess if you're easily impressed by fake pictures.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I agree, that definately looks like water to me.

It even has the surface ripple effect, can only imagine at what type of life may live in such an environment.

So much for Mars been a baren red dead planet....

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
This is nothing more than black & white computer generated imagery converted to colour and heavily over processed. Ok I guess if you're easily impressed by fake pictures.

And who said i believed it was really a lake with liquid water?? Mars dosent even got the atmospheric pressure that allows formation of lakes.
This was a response to the crater with "water" picture.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This view is a cutout from a HiRISE exposure taken on July 18, 2009. Some of Opportunity's tracks are still visible to the north of the crater (left side of this cutout).
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

A color-enhanced image of the delta in Jezero Crater, which once held a lake. Researchers led by CRISM team member and Brown graduate student Bethany Ehlmann report that ancient rivers ferried clay-like minerals (shown in green) into the lake, forming the delta. Clays tend to trap and preserve organic matter, making the delta a good place to look for signs of ancient life.

link

Many hypotheses have been proposed for the formation of slope streaks including dry avalanching, geochemical weathering, liquid stains or flows, and moisture wickering.
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...[/img]]link

This image is from Aram Chaos, a large crater connected to the Ares Vallis outflow channel. It is called “chaos” because of the rough floor topography, large slumped blocks and large fractures that may have been caused by removal of subsurface material.
link

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What most of you are missing is the indisputable fact that there is plenty of evidence, more than enough, to establish that liquid water is COMMOn on Mars and that there is VAST hard core evidence of civilization both past and possibly present.

The photo's shown are not even close to the detailed and irrefutable one's, supplied by the government itself, that show vast forets of massive trees , huge dome constructions , weird and huge life forms that defy earthly explanation, such as possible lichens or other ground forms and vegetation creeping over terrain.

That is what is shown in the first page photo: those streaks climbing over the ' dunes ' are vegetation, NOT some chemical or element. The cover up artists want us to believe that Mars is unworthy of serious consideration; they want it to themselves for the time being, for reasons of their own, easily guessed.

Want proof ? Go here : ( Sorry, I don't know how to make it an active link)

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

There is massive evidence on this site: you may have some unknowledgeable posters claim that the site is not trusted or whatever but I have never, ever seen any proof that Mr. Skipper has done anything other than scan and examine in detail the government photo's, point out the anomalies, and prove his case. he makes some assumptions that you can agree with or not, but it is beyond denying that what is presented is the real thing.

he links to every photo for you to verrify. Anyone who spends a few hours examining the massive data there cannot help but come away convinced:

Mars is very very different in reality from what the powers that be would have us believe , and the proof is at hand. I challenge every one of you to look hard qand close at the photo's, and accept what may be disturbing and shocking revelations about Mars. Some people have a subconcious resistance to accepting realities that would undermine their foundational basis for balance and sanity. To believe certain things cause some people to deny even solid proof : it is too unsettling to one's perceptions and securities to believe that the people we rely on, the powerful one's, the one's in charge literally of our fate, are really self serving murderers that lie with impunity and deceive the people as casually as they breath...in other words, no one can be trusted and your very life is at the mercy of evil and immoral men, and some few women , who consider our need to know the last thing they worry about.

If it benefits the elite to keep us in the dark and discourage us from knowing what they do, that is what they will do, and are doing. but the system they use is not perfect and people have a way of letting things slip, or adding thi8ngs to expose what is there but supposed to be hidden. the government uses computer obfuscation methods to distort detail as much as possible without making it too obvious to the casual viewer.

lets face it, not many people access the file photo's and order them and study them in detail with instruments and computers...but Skipper does. What he has found is worthy of looking at, and remember than any criticism will never have any solid basis, and will never prove that the evidence is not as seen: PROOF of what is obvioulsy there...check it out.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

Because everyone knows Mars is really black and white...

Come on man, the pics are from mars and I would enjoy them almost as much if they were just B&W. The color just makes them more vivid and in a way more realistic, though maybe exagerated... Not fake...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Thanks man, those are awesome...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
When you try to recognize water on this images it is important to take into consideration density of Martian atmosphere. Pressure is hundred times smaller than on earth. This is most important difference how the surface of this planet look. Low pressure cause that winds on mars could move much smaller grains of sand. This dunes are shaped of incredibly small particles of dust so this could shape such landscape. If fore example on other planet we have hundred times bigger atmosphere than on earth the strength of winds and ability to move matter would be much bigger and if one day we go to such planet probably we could see dunes incredibly high made of small stones with large distance measured in kilometers between them. All this is a matter of what forces are shaping the surface of planet.

edit on 21-6-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wow, nice find! These are absolutely beautiful pictures! I would give so much to have the money to go there (once the technology permits.)

Absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait until Curiosity get's there!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Fantastic! Never seen these before. Thanks for sharing.
Mars and our Solar system , and beyond. Is amazing!

Star and Flag
edit on 25-6-2011 by C21H30O2I because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join