It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: Strontium levels up to 240 times over legal limit near plant!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Fukushima: Strontium levels up to 240 times over legal limit near plant, uninhabitable land area now the size of 17 Manhattans

Radioactive strontium, which is known to accumulate in bones and eventually lead to diseases like cancer and leukemia, is one of at least three "hot particles" being continually released by the damaged plant, according to experts. The others include radioactive cesium and plutonium, both of which are implicated in causing birth defects, cancer, and death. "We are discovering hot particles everywhere in Japan, even in Tokyo," said Arnold Gundersen, a former nuclear industry senior vice president with 39 years of nuclear engineering experience, to Al Jazeera. "Scientists are finding these everywhere. Over the last 90 days these hot particles have continued to fall and are being deposited in high concentrations. A lot of people are picking these up in car engine air filters."

No wonder there are birth defects going on in neighbouring countries. The full effects of this disaster have barely started.. there are going to be a lot more hardships in the future. Especially for the people of Japan and their neighbours.

All we hear are promises on clean up but nothing ever really comes out of it except the announcement of more problems! How long until the media finally just says: "We can't fix it. We're screwed."

Natural News
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Another good find about the japan nuke disaster... I like to mention as well that radio active fallout was picked up along the west coast and in Alaska... Now there's reports that it's causing babies to die... I just wonder how long before the lame stream finally says,"alright already folks! It's really, really bad and we suck at giving you any real information, but don't change that dial, because when we come back we have pictures of Justin Bieber with pink eye!"

edit on 19-6-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: pink eye in my eye

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

It is really sickening isn't it. This is EXACTLY the kind of news people need to hear about. Not just for their own safety but because if you are the kind of person who believes in the power of prayer and positive thought then you could make a difference from just being aware of the situation and doing your own thing about it!

That's if you believe in that kind of thing anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

It's not even making it on drudge! Hello people! We're being radiated! And not the Ann Coulter good for you radiation!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
There is no feasible way that humans could "clean it up" with our primitive technology. It will decay naturally long before we ever figure out good ways to do things.

Here is what they mean when they say "clean up".

Bulldoze the top 5-10 feet of topsoil for thousands of square miles, including all plants animals and houses roads etc. Put all of that bulldozed material into barrels marked "radioactive waste".

Then what happens to the tens of millions of tons of waste material?
We put it somewhere and let it sit there indefinitely, until future generations figure out something to do with it.

And even then we really have no ways to clean the contamination in the ocean or whatever has gotten into the ground water.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Exactly.. easily the most volatile, controversial and potentially life threatening situation going on at the moment but there is a complete media blackout on the issue?

The only thing I can think of is that they don't want to cause a panic or someone's paying someone not to talk. Either way the media should be there to give us an unbiased view of global events. Actually scratch that. It is the DUTY of the media to do this. Real media anyway... not this sick twisted corporate propaganda machine they call MSM.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

This is what annoys me more than anything when it comes to nuclear power. They aren't able to clean it up properly after such an event yet they keep building them all over the place. If there wasn't so much greed energy would have been free, safe and clean a long time ago.

Instead we have to deal with matters like this all because someone wanted a few extra pennies in their already vast bank account.

Makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I don't see how there could be any controversy about it.

It's bad, we should have never built the things, we need to close them all down worldwide and then find a way to process or dispose of the materials without harming the ecosystem.

And the criminals in control of this whole thing are trying everything they can to stop the inevitable.

The entire Atomic Age is at it's end. The writing is on the wall.
Either we end the game now, or it will end us.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by muzzleflash

This is what annoys me more than anything when it comes to nuclear power. They aren't able to clean it up properly after such an event yet they keep building them all over the place. If there wasn't so much greed energy would have been free, safe and clean a long time ago.

Instead we have to deal with matters like this all because someone wanted a few extra pennies in their already vast bank account.

Makes me sick.

Yeah I hear you.

JP Morgan and Tesla come to mind.

Probably the greatest single tragedy of human history.

"You can't meter wireless free electricity."

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yeah I hear you.

Imagine how close we could of got to a utopia if certain technologies had been taken advantage of for the good of mankind instead of suppressed or twisted for corporate gain...

Instead we appear to be on the brink of self annihilation..

Oh Greed the woe of mankind.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yeah I hear you.

Imagine how close we could of got to a utopia if certain technologies had been taken advantage of for the good of mankind instead of suppressed or twisted for corporate gain...

Instead we appear to be on the brink of self annihilation..

Oh Greed the woe of mankind.

We would have colonized half the solar system by 2011. Space faring explorer type civ.

Early Type 1 developments.

Honestly I envision a early 1910's-40's type futurism...because that's where we are suppose to be right now. But they held us back, we never totally got there...

new topics

top topics

join