It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown SCSI Access - Security Risk ???? WHO put it there and WHY ???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

As far as i know in regard to searching system files it can be changed in the search options field in the bottom field;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14ac9fbf6059.jpg[/atsimg]

Whether the files are hidden does not matter, i just tested this by doing a search for the windows appdata folder while it was still hidden and it still came up in the search results. Although system files may be different as they are hidden / protected in ''folder options'' - perhaps try unticking the ''hide protected OS files'' -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f12d2757b5b.jpg[/atsimg]

Hope that was helpfull and if not sorry for taking up space...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Avoid all Windows Processes and Install Linux.

LOL at windozer's

Sounds good but I'm Afraid of spending several weeks with a useless desk top computer while I setup drivers and learn how to use linux o.s. to do the things I can do without even thinking in "windoze..."Whats the learning curve like for linux?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Avoid all Windows Processes and Install Linux.

LOL at windozer's

Sounds good but I'm Afraid of spending several weeks with a useless desk top computer while I setup drivers and learn how to use linux o.s. to do the things I can do without even thinking in "windoze..."Whats the learning curve like for linux?

These days my friend,the curve is shallow,there are several fine Install at the moment and if your willing to make the switch, then i will definitely help you with any adjustments you need to make. Honestly once you bite into Linux, you will never look back. I am a full convert now and would never ever go back to Windows.
I would recommend for you the new Ubuntu 11.04, once you are Installed pm me and i will help you if you want.
You have no drivers to setup , all is done for you, as well as your graphics driver.

Once you have dipped your toe and learned a bit , you can chose anything you like. Fedora 15 and the Gnome 3
shell is a beautiful operating system, but a little harder to do stuff.

Give me a shout if you decide to get wise and ditch Windoze.

Check out this site and have a read here and there Ubuntu Forums

edit on 20-6-2011 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Honestly once you bite into Linux, you will never look back. I am a full convert now and would never ever go back to Windows.
That doesn't happen to all people, and I am one of those.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

What did you try out on and for how long?just wondering what happened. Sometimes people need to have a few attempts with Linux to get a feel for it.
I did, and finally the penny dropped, once i gave up gaming , there was no stopping me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Red Hat (many years ago, for some days, but it was too far from a friendly system at the time), Suse (some years later, just for some hours, while configuring LDAP) and Ubuntu, that I have been using for some three years (whenever I need to use ISIS, a suite of programs used to work with NASA images or to test some sites).

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
any one know a good fire wall to stop them all?

This:

ASA-5505

Dump the logs to a different syslog host, then if your really paranoid run something like Wireshark on your outside connection and go through the sniffer trace.

brill

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join