It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Latin nations seek to block Ga. immigration law

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

If these Latin American countries are that concerned about a US law targeted toward criminals, why don't they issue diplomatic orders requesting all citizens of their countrys to return home and depart this bastion of discrimination? How about they issue a total boycott on the US?

For all of the folks who feel that folks are being too harsh on Mexico and Latinos, how about you had a neighbor who was as dysfunctional at the family and property ownership level as Mexico is as a country. They had kids who were out of control, their property was in complete disrepair, the owners could not control or did not appear to want to control what was going on, much of this disorder was flowing over into your property, you were slipping the neighbor some cash each month in the hopes and under the promises that the situation would get better but it only gets worse.

You would move. If you could not afford to move or for some other reason could not move, you would take steps to secure your property line, such as building a large wall or fence.

This entire problem is a manufactured problem that could be solved within 6 months and the return on the investment to solve it would be huge. When you are unable to honestly discuss any problem, the problem becomes intractable. With political will this problem could be solved by the end of the year.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

The last time that I checked,mexico is not
another state in the United States.They need
to back off and mind their own business!
Since when do foreign countries tell us what
to do in ours?The NWO hasn't gone into effect
yet!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I find it funny how those nations who are threatening a weakening of relations with the US if the Georgia law passes have some of the strictest laws against illegal immigration, laws that would make any laws here look tame.
Mexico's Illegal Laws Tougher than Arizona
edit on 20-6-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, I can't say I'm surprised by this. obama opened the door for it. Remember our spineless leaders support for the mexican president when he said the Arizona law was to harsh against his people? obama taking the great state of Arizona to court over it instead of standing by a state in his own country for enforcing a law the federal government refused to follow.
Since when do other countries have a say in the laws we enact in our own country?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

Addressed on page one. You got old info.

Mexico changed it's immigration laws years ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeepThoughtCriminal
A very biased article that seems to want to just attack Mexico for some reason. Latin America is correct to be concerned. I'm not saying these countries should be able to override U.S.A. laws, but if there is a issue that is truly of concern then it is perfectly reasonable for them to initiate diplomatic debate in the interest of their international relations and expatriots.

And why is everyone attacking just Mexico? There seems to be so much hatred in US people for Mexico - and not just the government, but for the people! I'm Argentinian and when I travelled around US I got many snide comments when people heard me speaking my language (which is actually quite different from M.), and I'm not even dark of skin! If there is such a problem with discrimination and racism, then possibly perpetuating it with these laws is not the answer. Best to prevent illegal immigration in the first place I think.

I may not be on the right side here. I lack all the information. But it does make me sad when people are so willing to attack Mexico, and the rest of Latin America, so rapidly and so vicously, so they don't even listen to the other side of view. Weigh it up and then decide in a fair and rational manner, and do not forget the importance of maintaining strongest international relations possible in this world of globalisation. Everything needs context.

You're on the outside looking in and that's why things seem as they do. You will find folks who roll their eyes when they hear people speaking Spanish because so many Spanish speaking people have settled here illegally that have no desire to learn or speak English, so people are resentful. Things are not so different in many countries in Europe. When you go there, don't matter which country, the majority of the populace speak more than one language however they expect visitors (most certainly immigrants) to their country to attempt to learn their language and that's understandable.

As for hatred against Mexico, I think there are those who have some animosity towards the country because in the not too distant past it's president encouraged its citizens to illegally cross the borders. Why? MONEY. The never mind attitude of the Mexican government is what have some up in arms here in the US. Mexico isn't giving any considerations to its northern neighbor's laws on immigrations and work visas all it's concerned with is it's citizens continuation of sending money back to Mexico. As a American citizen I can't do the same in Mexico by any means.

Racism and discrimination is alive and well in Mexico as well as it's latin neighbors when it comes to black and poor people. So one would be hard pressed not to see what the root of their concern really is, if the laws are allowed to pass and be enforced they (the complaining latin countries) will experience lack in their own economies.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'll give a damn what Mexico and the rest of Latin America thinks, when they cut me a check that covers the cost of my wife's immigration process. She came here LEGALLY, and it's not too much for U.S. CITIZENS to DEMAND that Mexicans and other Latin American's come here LEGALLY too.

These people have such a hard time understanding the word ILLEGAL vs. the word LEGAL. Perhaps this would explain the lawlessness we see on a daily basis in Mexico.

The moment our politicians and judges start putting the feelings of illegal trespassing, identity thieving invaders ahead of the citizen is the day that this country will need a "reboot".

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
The moment our politicians and judges start putting the feelings of illegal trespassing, identity thieving invaders ahead of the citizen is the day that this country will need a "reboot".

They already have but I don't see anyone pressing the "reboot" button.

Everyone is waiting for the other guy to do it. The people get the government they deserve.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I am a Ga resident and tax payer, I am also a Latina I got this words for the 10 nations that wants to Block Ga Immigration laws they can take their complains and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am a Ga resident and tax payer, I am also a Latina I got this words for the 10 nations that wants to Block Ga Immigration laws they can take their complains and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Good luck with that. The pols are doing it to us already. I agree with the sentiment though.

If I have a million dollars I will buy me a politicrap in Washington.
Better make that a Billion.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

To tell you the truth since the law was passed is less illegals around as they come for the seasonal jobs, reproduced and then they have an excused to stay in the state, what get me the most is how many white American women will marry the men, you know this are not the good looking men you see on Mexican TV but the less attractive of all, I have Mexican friends here that are legal and they are different in appearance and highly educated and even them scorn on the illegals.

Still when it comes to congress, trust me the whores will do you a favor for just a million

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

To tell you the truth since the law was passed is less illegals around as they come for the seasonal jobs, reproduced and then they have an excused to stay in the state, what get me the most is how many white American women will marry the men, you know this are not the good looking men you see on Mexican TV but the less attractive of all,
Wow. Why?

Still when it comes to congress, trust me the whores will do you a favor for just a million

Favor? Sure, but to BUY one?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Because they love the white heavy set girls and woe them into marriage, it beat me, I guess with so many young single mothers in the state they fall for the attentions, I have not seen a mix between african american women or men with Mexicans of either sex.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well, I am sure the "citizenship" works into the equation for the men, but what do the women get out of it? Are they that desperate there?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Here in the south in my neck of the woods I will have to say is desperation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join