It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 Latin nations seek to block Ga. immigration law

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't agree with the Georgia Immigration law, but Mexico and those other 9 nations have no say in this matter. This is U.S. Domestic policy and it's nobody's business but US. They should stay out of it because it just makes them look bad.

What in the world are they thinking? Should we go stick our noses and attack their domestic policies?

This is beyond pathetic
edit on 6/19/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
screw them

we should unilaterally invade for imperialist reasons

democratize to our standards and reduce the native population to shambles

Spoken like a true bigot, but it's good to see that at least some Americans are honest with their feelings.
Anyway..keep dreaming. The U.S. is already the biggest debtor nation in the world, you couldn't afford another war, unless your goal is to expedite the inevitable collapse of the United States.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I don't agree with the Georgia Immigration law, but Mexico and those other 9 nations have no say in this matter. This is U.S. Domestic policy and it's nobody's business but US.

Gotta agree with you.

But the lack of White House and Congressional opposition tells me that the US is ok with this. Maybe there is a previous history of a country doing this.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well I want it to rain candy, but you don't see me trying to sue about it.

Along with my 10 other sugar rush depleted friends.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Since when are those to government bodies considered the "US"

No the US is the people..........and they ARENT ok with this
edit on 19-6-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No the US is the people.....

"We the people" have been missing from the equation for sometime. Got three wars, 14 trillion in debt, and an inept government to prove it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Sure, America's xenophobic minority has been bitching and crying about illegal immigration while attacking those that are exploited by American corporations for cheap labor, etc.

Don't try to speak for "the people" unless you get their consent.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Hmm still not answering the question where the GOV is considered the US, i dont care how convoluted or pessimistic your view of the US is.........

Everyone knows that the people are the US.......please refrain from trying to put the governement on a higher pedestal then they are

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Sure, the people are the US...Happy, but you know dang well you elect people to represent your voice and that of the US.

Our US troops are at war because a governmental body sent them there, not the people.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

The people are moronic sheep that can't tell their faces from their derrieres!

I don't want Joe Bob Hickstoople or Hercules Rockefeller dictating my freedom in this country.

I'll draw my own lines!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Mexico is suing over American immigration laws again? What gives them the right?

The Mexican government is full of double morals. Have you seen what they do to illegals? So how they even dare to say anything against Georgia or any other state in the UNITED states is beyond me. I guess they really rely on those American dollars sent back from the illegal workers.

I wish Obama (or any other official) would just tell Mexico to STFU and mind their own business.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That's why we should bring our troops home and start defending our borders here.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is insane..absolutely insane. what does thier laws, have to do with OUR laws? or state laws? it almost sounds like they own us
illegal alines means yuor here illegaly, NOT paying your taxes, or a resgistered citizen...the same thing would be done too you, if you started to live in thier countrys. moreso becuase yuor not a registered citizen or born thier. theyde boot yuo out sooner or later. thier jsut trying to keep a foothold on things now, since our government made it so easy for them to come in and steel from us, let alone rape n kill our women n kids too. thats what their doing. no state made such a fuss over it, till recently, with georgia...now that things are changing a bit, and hopefully moving legally forward, thier trying to stop us form doing that..make us ( georgia for example) look bad in court and smeered.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Spoken like a true bigot, but it's good to see that at least some Americans are honest with their feelings.
Anyway..keep dreaming. The U.S. is already the biggest debtor nation in the world, you couldn't afford another war, unless your goal is to expedite the inevitable collapse of the United States.

I couldnt agree more. The US has spent way to much money dolling it out to other countries when they needed it just so they can smack us in the face when our going gets tough.

We prop up economies. Its easy for some of these countries to make claims about the US, its military and war. Even more so when the US is picking up some of those complaining nations bigger ticket items, like their national defense.

If thats how the world feels, then screw them. I say we cut foriegn aid / military / socioceonomic funding to other countries. I also say we submit bills to those countries and ask for our money back.

The measure of a true friend is whether or not they stick with you when the going gets very tough. Its something else entirely when a country wants money from us, and then when we face our own financial issues, they drop the US and look for another friend to mooch off of.

There is nothing biggoted about the persons response, and if anything does reflect how the majority of Americans feel about this issue. I see people complain all the time about how the US meddles in the internal affairs of others, while at the same time I dont see those people omplain about foriegn countries doing it to us.

This has nothing to do with "the US getting what it deserves".

This has everything to do with US citizens being sick and tired of paying taxes that get shipped overseas to countries who really dont appriciate the support. Also, the illegal immigrants coming out of Mexico are not looking for legal citizen status. What they are looking for is a better paying job so they can ship their earnings back to Mexico and their families, which runs into the billions now. It would be one thing if Mexicans were willing to integrate into our society, but instead they refuse to.

Thats all fine.. Send em back to Mexico and let them deal with the problems they are trying to dump on the US.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Sure, America's xenophobic minority has been bitching and crying about illegal immigration while attacking those that are exploited by American corporations for cheap labor, etc.

Don't try to speak for "the people" unless you get their consent.

and dont try to lay all the blame at the US doorsteps. Most countrie that you claim we exploit have their industries run by their governments, which is to say the wages are set by their governments. Mexico is a perfect example of this. The Mexican Government is the entity which established wages that foriegn companies must pay mexican workers in Mexico, NOT the US.

Its not Xenophobic, nor is it a minority, and to assume both lends me to belive that you dont adequately have a complete grasp of the overall situation.

By the way I love how you single out the US when it comes to foriegn countries and cheap labor, while completely ignoring pretty much the rest of the world who does the same thing.

The only exploited people I see ARE the US Citizens, and I for one am tired of foreigners forgetting that fact.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

11 Latin nations seek to block Ga. immigration law

www.washingtontimes.com

Mexico and 10 other countries have joined the legal fight against Georgia’s tough new immigration law, warning that the strict crackdown could jeopardize close ties between the U.S. and its Latin American neighbors.
The nations filed briefs late Wednesday in support of liberal groups who asked a federal judge to declare Georgia’s new law unconstitutional and block it from taking effect.
The filing marks a new phase in the legal showdown that has pitted Georgia’s attorneys against groups who had threatened to challenge the law even before it was adopted by lawmakers. Mexico’s move al
(visit the link for the full news article)

We should just go to war against those 11 nations. That would enable for the mass round-up of all people in the US of those nationalities legal, illegal or Citizen. That way when the war is over we can deport them all with little fuss(excluding lawful Citizens of course).

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I think we should counter sue for not enforcing their own borders and letting aliens freely cross into our borders.

We need a lawyer like Johnny Cochran!

reply to post by korathin

But we're already at war with 3 (soon to be 4) other countries. We'd be spreading ourselves to thin, like the Romans

edit on 20-6-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

The people are moronic sheep that can't tell their faces from their derrieres!

I don't want Joe Bob Hickstoople or Hercules Rockefeller dictating my freedom in this country.

I'll draw my own lines!

Right cause cultured well spoken Ivy League college grad Obama is doing it so much better right?

Drop the sheeple routine, doesnt work anymore, and it just makes ya look more ignorant then the people you are accusing of being sheeple
edit on 20-6-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Mexico and Co. can kiss my American posterior!

Militarize the border and eliminate ALL traffic. Period.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

Sarcasm noted.

One thing though.

There society IS already in the crap can

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join