It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people really want the world to come to an end?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I see so many people saying they are fed up and just wish the end would come already...

Just by way of a show of hands how many of you are for and how many against the world as we know it coming to an end?

When i say end i mean any of the ELE scenarios coming to pass...

I think it is important to gage what the reaction would be as it would suggest where the favor lays...
At the end of the day it really comes down to human will..and if there is no will for change or survival then i guess it's already over...
edit on 19-6-2011 by nakiannunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I doubt you'll find many who will say they truly want the WORLD to end.

I think there are many out there that are like me, though, and understand that balance MUST be restored at some point.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Maybe I would want "the world as we know it" to end but I wouldn't want death or destruction.

I hope 2012 will bring a different but BETTER world (though I'm not counting on it).

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I often do wish the world would end.
I do, because it seems to me, everything is just getting worse.
I don't see it getting better.
I think people are getting dumber, the politicans and systems more evil.
Everything is going down, and it's just not a good time to be around these days, sadly, it seems.
But, as an individual, I do try and occupy myself with positive goals, etc.
I'd rather ETs come and make things right.
I'd rather Ron Paul wins in 2012.
Maybe a meteor is what we really need.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'll put it like this dude. Once you get emotionally drained from these sites, you won't give an f about your family, life , old hobbies and you'll be a depressed mess. You'll want the world to end because you realise, you're going to die but everybody is going with you. It won't be so bad, if Uncle Tom and the Latino down the street come with you.

Everybody dies but not every day-River Song.

Everyone knows that everyone dies. And nobody knows it like the doctor. But I do think that all the skies in all the worlds might just turn dark, if he ever accepts it- River Song.
That's why some people want the world to end, everyone goes with you. Except maybe that one unlucky bloke who's still hiding under the shrubbery.
I really don't want the world to end, alot of people don't. Only the doomers have their wet dreams. It's just strange how they think the world will end because they think about it.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't want to see the world come to an end, nor do I want to see large scale suffering from war, disease, poverty, etc. I would like to see balance (not utopia) but balance come to this world, though I think that is still a long way off... As for the people who would truly like to see the world end, I just have to wonder whether there is anyone important in their lives (do they have children, or someone they love) because if they did, I don't believe they'd wish to see their loved ones harmed in an ELE event. I could be wrong and if so, what does that make the person wishing harm to those whom they love?

edit on 19-6-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
ELE? ELE?

Am I suppose to know what ELE is? Like I can read your mind?

Sign me up for the petition for the end of the world, my friend. I will always be a doomer and no one can say anyything to change my mind, perspective, belief, thought.

This world needs to die soon. People are finding out ways to kill you right now, you and your country, your rights your life. The only answer, KAMAKIZE! I can live with dying (LOL). I do not fear death. I wish it, earth sucks as is. all I do is wake up, poop, eat, go to work and try to do the same thing tommarow. Bring the death to those who deserve it

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think most that seem to be after a world ending event are really just after a change from the current paradigm we are stuck in. The inequality, the poverty, wars, corruption, insane decisions at the expense of others in the name of profit.

Our society does almost everything backwards, not to mention that we have a value system disorder. Maybe this.is why people are intrigued by things that would lead to the collapse of our society, they see it as a way out.

I don't know who would really want an ELE, maybe those with religious beliefs or something.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If by the world coming to an end you mean the end of humanity, then yes I want this. We are a cancer on this planet.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The only real lifestyle that would be the purest would be the same exact lifestyle that the Essenes had, a jewish community that went into the wilderness and shared all common goods, did for the purpose of the unity and shared experiances with each other. This is honestly the only true lifestyle that we should be living in. Instead I am on the internet....

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Thanks for your posts..

ELE=Extinction Level Event

Maybe we are all feeling uneasy about life because we are morphing...
In the same way a caterpillar first finds comfort in it's cocoon but later is irrateted by it so much so that it eats through the cocoon and emerges a butterfly.

Perhaps we are just restless becuase the society that once housed us has served its purpose and we are preparing to fly out of it...

Just a thought mind..

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Perhaps no one on ats wants to riots? why haven't we yet?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't think people truly want the world to end, only their world to end, because they are unhappy. It reminds me of the difference between a quiet suicide and violent rampage through city streets. Either way you'll die, but there is not point in taking everyone else with you. I love the Earth and wish it could go on forever.

As for people who think that eradicating humanity would be good, they are being counter-intuitive. It makes sense, sure, in an environmental context, but does anyone really want to see everyone around them die simple to take the easy way out?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal

Perhaps people have no will left and have simply given up or resigned themselevs to living in a cycle of nothingness.
Without the will to live or survive or fight to survive we have no reason to exist.
It is at the turning point or climax of our journy as humanity that we will see if humanity has the will to go on or not...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

If this is the case, then they have become truly selfish...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Let's hope not or let's hope that at the very least those of us who are selfish change when it counts most..

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
When you say about the world ending, do you mean the actual planet with everything on it? Or do you just mean the existence of man?

The actual planet has done nothing wrong, it has just evolved over time. The world is a beautiful place and would be even more beautiful if man was not a part of it. The worst component of the planet earth's existence is man being upon it.

Even though I am intrigued like many other people about the possible existence of life on other planets. In some ways I also hate the thought of man ever finding out, due to the fact that they may find an existence of life elsewhere which works well and its occupants respect their planet. Then man comes along for a visit and then the s**t hits the fan.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Nope ..
I dont want to see her go in a bad way . but if things dont get better all the way around we may see some bad times .. meanwhile I'm going fishing and doing all the things I love to do out in nature .. soon I will be back to my old stomping grounds and to me thats happiness .. a place you can really enjoy and be happy .. if its the city then so be it for me its as far away from the city as I can possibly get ..

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I wish all humans would come to a end.
humans have failed. the are evil and selfish.
just look at the world.
all the animals suffer because of humans.
let the animals have a chance.
one day the will evolve and take over.
their comes a point at witch the pain
horror and suffering become to much.
that was the second world war and Nuclear weapons.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nakiannunaki

if tomorrow was our last day it couldn't come fast enough. i don't care if it is done by mankind, mother nature or something hurling through space. people suck. i'm all for this world ending.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join