It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honeybees might have emotions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I won't eat rattler unless it is done by someone who knows what they are doing. Good way to die if you mess it up. But yeah, i have had it. My town has a rather large rattlesnake roundup, and just under an hours drive is Sweetwater, with the world largest.

They seem barbaric, but if you didn't do them you would have animals and humans being bitten in epic numbers. And most antivenin is gotten during these roundups. Regardless, it smells bad so i never go.

I have had gator once at a place called Tunks, in Alexandria, LA. Love that restaurant. The gator wasn't bad. Greasy, tasted just like skinless boneless chicken thigh.

there is nothing to fear from the scorpions, rattlers, and tarantulas if you just show them the respect and courtesy deserving of one of Gods creatures. Although i understand being afraid of them, and don't begrudge anyone for that.

ETA: the rule in our house is you do not kill what you won't eat. This keeps my son from shooting sparrows with his airsoft gun (his airsoft guns will kill small animals, and are fully automatic). But when it comes to bugs and rattlers, or any other animal threatening our safety, that rule is put aside. I just respect life and do not believe in killing for sport..hence that rule.
edit on 20-6-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thi thread makes me consder keeping my own little beehive in the back yard. I have the perfect set up Warm climant, goldfish pond for the bees to get water, and a neighborhood for the bees to get pollen from.

They are sweet gentle little buzzers but my husband shot the idea down.

Now I've got to look around for an orchard willing to host a hive.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join