It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have YOU Ever Lied About UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
No, I have not. I have no reason to do so...

I have speculated about the phenomena, and I could have speculated incorrectly,but, I have shared my stories truthfully and honestly, even offering up some logical explanations for what I could have seen.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I took a personal vow to never say, "I saw a UFO" or "I saw a ghost." Instead, I will say, "I had an out of the ordinary visual, auditory, or tactile experience, I'd like to share it with you, let's see what we can come up with."
Perhaps I lean too much toward being a "skeptic" but the overeager and the plain outright liars do a LOT of damage to the credibility of those who are genuinely trying to scrape away at some of the mysteries of the universe.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nope. I've only ever seen one UFO. Don't really see the point of lying about them.

I guess someone who needs attention would do that but it seems kind of lame.
edit on 19-6-2011 by samkam because: formatting

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

Not enough of those types of threads get shifted to the Grey Area in my opinion. If its a personal type recounting of an encounter with no physical material in it (ie its just I had a dream of an alien that told me, or while I was meditating something appeared in the corner of the room) type thread id automatically throw in in the Grey Area. While if they have footage, photo or a good eye witness account of the event that can be run through group think to figure out what it was or wasnt then its ok to stay. Although abductions would be tricky, although 'I was astral projecting when i got contained by aliens' versions wouldn't be hard to classify as

I know the mods do their jobs well, I dont envy their task... I just think a few threads in here fall through the cracks. Although if it got to restrictive to clean up the mess you'd end up with people falsifying their accounts to make them stay in this forum. I wonder how many people lie to make their stories more sensational to attract those who'd enjoy them vs those that would actually omit material to make their stories more palatable.

I personally think alot of them get generously added to by the poster since it seems the more sensational, metaphysical or new age the personal account is the more attention that thread gets in here. There appears to be from my perspective more people who'd believe them than those who'd try their best to get to the truth... unfortunately those people are labeled closed minded or skeptic.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No I haven't.

I still speculate, search, read and learn. Every single day. I like saying things as I see them. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong and sometimes I makes huge mistakes assuming things. But it's all done with honest intentions.

There are more than enough lies, fakes, scams and dishonest misinterpretations in this field already.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Personally the things that still inspire me about the alien visitor possibility is some of our ancient colossal buildings, some cases reported by army, police, pilots etc, and the Norway Spiral. Otherwise I'm well aware most of the cases are lies (including exaggerations with marketing purposes), misinterpretations and psychological issues.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

No I have never lied about UFO's and people who do are adding to the disinformation surrounding this issue.

I have possibly seen one that was so far up it was a little bigger than the period at the end of this sentence back when I was around 11 and my niece's husband a pilot has seen one the size of at least a football stadium I have posted about on ATS before.

He was told if he valued his job he would not make out a report about it nor ever talk about it to anyone.

FYI: This thing was clearly visible to the passengers too and on radar at one of the largest international airports in the midwest, as far as passengers, we're talking a couple hundred people...........no one reported it, no news reported on it, nothing, nada.

My nephew said it appeared and disappeared like crazy, it was huge and he said before hand he never believe in UFO's.............now he does and hopes he never sees another one.

And I don't care if one landed in the field across from my yard and some handsome Tall Venusian came out and offered me a ride to Venus and back I wouldn't report it to anyone.

Most people that report these things live a life of hell afterwards, divorce, avoided by people, loss of job, loss of community standing (credibility), labled nuts, no thank you........even if I did see one really close up, there's no way I would post it on ATS or anywhere.

Too many people are still too closed minded and arrogant.

edit on 20-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar and spelling. Also my nephew said the thing was bigger than a football field, it was at least as big as the entire stadium, huge saucer shape.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Faschinating post.

I love how just when I'm completely losing faith in UFO visitations I hear these appalling stories that feel so honest.

All we need is one real photo, and if it doesn't surface within the next few years I'm ready to say it's all bs.

If I ever saw an alien space ship the size of a football stadium, it would totally make my day.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

We were standing around the warm glowing fireplace, it was late and most of the guest had gone home, we had had quite a bit of wine and my nephew said, it did not make his day, he was almost ready to go in his pants.

He said, he was sure this wasn't even a US or Russian or Earth military thing, it was too large and too fast.

Now as far as photography or video proof, maybe some of these that we have seen are the real thing. Most probably are not.

And ponder this...............if someone or a group of someones has the tech to travel from another star system, dimension, multiverse or parallel world they probably have the ability to cloak or "disappear".

Possibly if they are from another dimension, holding a frequency level to be seen is difficult or the rules that apply to our physical universe differ.

One last thing to consider: Bears can smell a million times better than us, eagles have eyesight far greater than ours, bats have sonar and on and on the list goes confirming how limited humanity's 3d senses are.

We may not be seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting or feeling everything out there.

You don't see air, yet it's there or you would suffocate.

I'm not saying 100% for I have no proof, no little grays have popped me up into a ship (thank god) nor has any handsome Nordic offered me a ride.

But, there are more things going on than the average human can see, hear, taste, touch or smell - again, with our physical 3d senses we are very limited.

I did another reply telling about my best friend's mother and aunt who were out in the desert outside of Nevada and saw a reptilian like creature pop in, run around and pop right back out.

Now, my girlfriend's mom and aunt were both very conservative, reality based and very very sharp women. Both were Native Americans and lived to almost 100. Again, they were not prone to lie or exaggerate. They spoke about this experience out in the desert once and only once, and refused to speak about it again because "talking about them summons them".

How do we know that the sky is not green and we are all colour-blind? ~Author Unknown

There are no facts, only interpretations. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

What we call reality is an agreement that people have arrived at to make life more livable. ~Louise Nevelson

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - William Shakespeare, "Hamlet", Act 1 scene 5 - Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate. - Sun Tzu

My own experiernce has been, If someone means you well they are forth right, above board, honest and show themselves............if someone means to screw over you they are sneaky, dishonest and hide from you either physically or their true intentions.

The fact we have cave walls and ancient texts with space ships clearly painted on them denotes that we have never been alone.................my question is why "they" whomever "they" are have chosen to remain hidden so well?

edit on 20-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

How did the ship look like aside from being large? Tell everything, I'm interested.

One of my friend's grandmother tells about this UFO sighting she made when she was young, out in the field, this huge black disc floated from the clouds and everything fell silent, then eventually it just was gone...

And true about the senses, it's impossible for us to imagine having senses as great as some animals are known to have. Difficult to say what kind of different levels there are in the consciousness-"sense."

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

He said it was huge, very standard saucer shape and metallic, it was not black it was like stainless steel colored, looked metallic and it was super fast. Way faster than a jet.

X seemed very uncomfortable talking about it, he said point blank he was told by his supervisor that if he made out a report or discussed this he could lose his nice high paying job and told us not to go spreading this around

He also said he really doesn't think we have anything remotely like this on Earth and that was all he would say about it.

Now my niece's husband is a very intellegent, reality based type person - not given to bragging or making up stuff. He's a very nice sharp young man.

He was amazed that all the passengers kept quiet about it as they had to have seen this thing wiz by.

edit on 20-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Cool story. It must've been very scary seeing that ship up there.

He was told to keep quiet about it... by who? We always have a supervisor telling airplane pilot UFO-witnesses to keep quiet or else... Then every airport must have personnell who are aware of the ET reality?

Chances are it's either true, or your friend (or you) is lying.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i tell my nephew i saw one in denver but i'm honestly not sure if it was a ufo

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Could someone just please admit? I just want to hear it once, because I'm frustrated with the whole alien/UFO research.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Jonas86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have lied about not seeing a ufo when i had seen one afew times to family and buddys because i didnt want to be made fun of or get into what i saw. on the internet i dont care about it or know you people so i can tell yall lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join