It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Gone Mad: Special Interests Exposed. (Must see)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This video is just 3.40 mins long, and imo it's well worth a watch.

It explains concisely and clearly how the 'special interest' sector has grown enormously in the last couple of years, and the dire effect this can have on future elections.

I personally had not joined up these particular dots, but imo it's very important, essential even, that people do so.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I don't see this as a problem. I see this as an opportunity for the people to take back this country. If those running this country continue to spend ridiculous amounts of money that is borrowed at interest, then eventually the whole system will collapse around them. I can't wait to see this happen because it will give us the chance to build anew. It is either total financial collapse, or violent revolution that will change the system back to what it was designed to be. Keep spending #ers, let the rotten empire fall!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

What about those of us that have worked hard to build a future for ourselves and loved ones, only to see everything taken away because '#ers' like you are unwilling to be proactive?
edit on 19-6-2011 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is basically a case of paying for votes.

If their sugar daddy doesn't get voted in again, they might lose their jobs. So the question still remains...what can be done about it?

Personally, I think people should stop thinking about fighting this monster. The revolution should have started a long time ago before TPTB got their foot-Hold. Just get your house in order and be ready to go off grid and head for the hills, so to speak.

This isn't giving up but rather taking a different approach to survival and leaving behind the system that failed you. Sometimes it's best to remember that you don't take a knife to a gun fight.

Remember one thing...these Govt. employees are your neighbors and friends and will turn on you within a second when it comes time to save their own skin.

edit on 19-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

I've been proactive for years, protesting and distributing information along side thousands of others, nothing positive has come of it, I doubt anything will. This system is too far gone to save. What you should be doing now is preparing for the inevitable collapse of the monetary system, instead of supporting it like every other person who was fooled into believing in "The American Dream". There is still time to prepare. Try to be as self-sufficient as possible, and at least invest what you have saved into something that has real value, such as arable land. Trying to prop up a dying giant will only crush you in the end.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Touche, well said sir. I cant say I disagree, it is just frustrating that any of us should even be in a position such as this. Those of us that are in debt up to our eyeballs might welcome this change, but those of us that have aquired some assets will be forced to lose everything. Some of us are not in a position to 'get our house in order' so to speak.

PS I would just like to clarify that my use of #ers was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek response to your use of it. All to often my inflection gets lost in the medium of text alone.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Good video, but I don't think he's right in saying government employees vote in concert with one another.

Like all things it's split.. some employees work in "defense" sector of the Gov, others in the Wellfare sector. While one party might talk about cutting one half of gov, they almost always leave the otherside untouched.

Most State workers are probably more inclined to be Democrats, since they are unionized, teachers/proffs, and fall into the wellfare side of Government. While I would hazard a guess most of the defense side of Gov is Republican.

But the video is absolutely right about the explosion in size by both parties, and the astronomical expenses that come with it.. the whole system needs an emergency reset button.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Good video, but I don't think he's right in saying government employees vote in concert with one another.

Like all things it's split.. some employees work in "defense" sector of the Gov, others in the Wellfare sector. While one party might talk about cutting one half of gov, they almost always leave the otherside untouched.

Most State workers are probably more inclined to be Democrats, since they are unionized, teachers/proffs, and fall into the wellfare side of Government. While I would hazard a guess most of the defense side of Gov is Republican.

But the video is absolutely right about the explosion in size by both parties, and the astronomical expenses that come with it.. the whole system needs an emergency reset button.

I can see your point but if it came down to one side of Government stating that there has to be cuts in all sectors of Govt. without stating any certain sectors, all those employees would feel threatened.

And if the other side used this statement as scare tactics in their campaigning, I could see it being a very strong motivation to vote for whichever side seems to guarantee no job cuts for Govt. employees.

I know it's a large scale 'what if' scenario but that seems to be the way of things lately.

IMO

new topics

top topics

join