It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stewart hits the nail on the head AGAIN, compares Fox News to ‘ideological regimes’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The fact that Fox News feels so threatened by Comedy Central speaks volumes.

Oh, please.
O'Reilly and Stewart are playing a game that you fell for, hook, line, and sinker. They criticize each other, and then appear as guests on each other's shows. The crowds lap it up and the two guys take it to the bank.

Fox News threatened by CC.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by Indigo5

The fact that Fox News feels so threatened by Comedy Central speaks volumes.

Oh, please.
O'Reilly and Stewart are playing a game that you fell for, hook, line, and sinker. They criticize each other, and then appear as guests on each other's shows. The crowds lap it up and the two guys take it to the bank.

Fox News threatened by CC.

This isn't a 'game' for people to fall for. It is exactly what it appears to be... Jon Stewart calling out FOX for being a right wing misinformation machine.

The sway of public opinion is real... If Jon's argument gains ground, more and more people will laugh at the mere mention of FOX News as they see FOX as the misinformation machine that it is... If FOX wins, Jon Stewart, every MSM outlet, scientific facts, and history will all be deemed leftist agenda and not taken seriously.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Jon Stewart just ripped FOX News again. Ripped them hard. He's on fire. Fox is going down. Maybe time to abandon that ship... Don't be bummed. You can still be conservative or Republican... but Fox is lies. For real. For really real, on a level that seems like should be illegal for a news organization.

Fox is dumbing you down intentionally. Deny ignorance. Quit listening to the lies.

Watch the video. Go to 8 mins in...

www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No, seriously. Keep your day job.
It's called satire.
It's been around for 1000s of years.
It's main target are and have always been social issues and politics.
It's been a part of "serious reporting" for 100s of years. (Open your sunday newspaper. A cartoon with politicians in it? Oh how dare they!)

maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hey man, Stewart is JUST a comedian man. Don't take him seriously. He is a comedian FIRST and always will be.

Baloney

It's not just conservatives who are sick and tired of Jon Stewart hiding behind his "I'm a comedian" excuse when called out for his dead-serious liberal pontifications.

Even liberals like Salon.com's Will Bunch are tired of the "Daily Show" host's faux sanctimony, even as he cheers Stewart's liberalism and calls on the comedian to embrace it.

Read more: newsbusters.org...

The lefty's understand who Jon really is or what he is...
No, Jon Stewart you're not just a comedian

Stewart is an entertainer who gets paid to amuse you.
edit on 22-6-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Hey man, Stewart is JUST a comedian man. Don't take him seriously. He is a comedian FIRST and always will be.

Baloney

It's not just conservatives who are sick and tired of Jon Stewart hiding behind his "I'm a comedian" excuse when called out for his dead-serious liberal pontifications.

Even liberals like Salon.com's Will Bunch are tired of the "Daily Show" host's faux sanctimony, even as he cheers Stewart's liberalism and calls on the comedian to embrace it.

Bunch...
What a tool... he obviously didn't watch the interview.
Paraphrasing:
"I am not just a comedian, I am a comedian first. What I do is harder than what you do"

His critizism is actually a tad more valid than wallaces ("You use mean words"). He says "Your media critizism is boring" Of course stewart isn't funny when he is talking about what is wrong with the media. Doesn't mean he isn't insightful.

Satire
Look it up for christssake!
en.wikipedia.org...
(The above link is an article about satire. It is not in itself satire. It is not "just" satire)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
That comedian just put a spotlight on a long list of Fox News lies ...

Fox News spews lies. There is no justifiable defense for them to be intentionally misinforming people and calling it news.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Baloney

You contradict yourself all over this post. Do you think he is just a comedian or not?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Baloney

You contradict yourself all over this post. Do you think he is just a comedian or not?

Sorry, you didn't catch my sarcasm. Just mimicking the daily defense of Jon Stewart. Meanwhile he gets a free pass while using his offensive Amos and Andy voice while depicting Black presidential candidate Herman Cain. Oh well, he's just a comedian don't take it seriously. Had that voice come out of the mouth on any Fox News talent the masses would be all over it like white on rice. Chris Wallace called him on that Amos and Andy moment and Stewart just wiped it off as comedy and just another one of his character voices. Remember the lashing that Limbaugh took when he used a Chinese voice on the air when discussing the president of China Hu Jintao.

Please pardon my sarcasm once again. I'm just trying to be funny... or am I just an activist in a comedians cheap suit....

Stewart either needs to stick to comedy or make a serious attempt to get serious with politics and news. He can't mix both and expect to be taken seriously especially when he hides behind his comedic yarmelke after a political rant. That would never happen because he would lose his viewer base and his TV show on the Comedy Channel. Maybe Current TV can put him on after Olbermann.

You guys crack me up. Keep bowing to your journalistic comedian hero

Thanks for the laugh

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Fox News lies... They are a news organization and they are actively engaged in spewing lies to the American people.

Doesn't matter if Stewart is a comedian, dressed in a clown suit... Truth is truth.

Fox News viewers would love to turn the attention on Stewart but all he is doing is pointing out FOX News lies, their ideological narrative, and the blatant misinformation machine they are.

edit on 22-6-2011 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You didn't look up satire, did you?
Did, or didn't Cain say that bills should be 3 pages max?
Is, or isn't that an incredible stupid thing to say?

You too should keep your dayjob.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

I saw this too, he honestly KILLS fox in this show! See, he knows that fox is watching him now, so he's telling it like it is and hope some of the "journalists" at Fox wake the 'F' up and leave.

I love the apology Stewart does in that clip!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join