It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep hearing hushed arabian music. wth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think the OP is referencing the cylon-activation music in Battlestar Galactica. Let me know if you see a vision of Jimi Hendrix or any dead viper pilots.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Check all your speakers. For some odd reason, when I have my computer speakers turned all the way down, it receives some kind of radio station somehow, barely audible at all. I really thought I was going nuts for a while, till I figured that out.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
its a sign from Allah that you should convert to Islam.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by InFriNiTee

haha even though i cant open your link i know which part your talking about and that part gets stuck in my head aswell. (holy wars) great song!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Did it sound anything like this?

Sorry, that's just the first thing that came to mind.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Maybe, you live near a sufi center. During the dhikr sessions, or meditation sessions, the chanting is in unison and can get kind of loud. There are some sufi tariqas (orders) that do their dhikrs outdoors as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitjustme
Sometimes i swear i can hear a radio that isn't there. I hear a real faint mix of talk then some faint music that I can almost make out lyrics.

This happens to me at least two times a week, and did a thread on it about four years ago. I didnt get an an answer...maybe its my fillings picking up radio signals?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I have metal in my mouth and I sometimes late at night will think I'm hearing sounds like a tv station or radio broadcast but I can never make out the words. And if I focus on it, it goes away... Sometimes I get music but usually snippets of conversation. Maybe we are all starting to listen to eachother minds. or catching radiowaves somehow... Interesting topic and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. The music I hear is usually swing/big band stuff. I think Arabian music is pretty cool though. I love the sitar, especially in the song "Aerials" by System of a Down. And the chanting you mention... Ive heard that stuff can have real power. Maybe somewhere in the world some people were doing these prayers and chants and they communicated with you somehow. Although I find the idea of subliminal islamification to be quite interesting, too. Especially knowing that the 5technology exists to send focused sound across great distances to make you hear voices or any other sound they wish, in your head. The Sign by Raymond Khoury is a book that explores the possible use of this tech combined with holographic tech. The Last Templar was pretty good too, as well as The Sanctuary. Great author and you will finish his books within 48 hrs. They speed by like a movie. Which makes sense since he used to write screenplays. In fact its been a while I'm gonna see if he's got anything new... Good luck man I hope its nothing too serious.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Your name backwards is dogfarts ....

Do i win a prize ?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris
Although I find the idea of subliminal islamification to be quite interesting, too.

Please tell me you're not serious. What does that even mean???

I'm Muslim, so have I been "Islamified"?
Does that mean that if I happen to hear gospel music I'm being "Christianified"?

What's next? Unidentified Flying Muslim Guys???

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I 've worked in Arab countries before, and my first thought was that maybe one of your neighbors listens to Arabic music, or prays regularly.
(They do tend to put it quite loud, I could hear the mosque calling them for prayer, even though our flat was blocks away.)

Could there be a new mosque near your home?
or
Do you have any Arabic ancestors?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

There's only one explanation ...

You're a frakkin' Cylon!

Seriously though, the mind can play tricks on you, i.e "hearing music". It's probably a minor hallucination brought on by sleep deprivation and nothing more.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Nurv47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is what I'm going ask to you(if you live in home)
1. Is there nearby muslims neighbors around you ? (Due I'm a muslims so your tittle sounds familiar)
2. How much distance from your house to neighbors house ?
3. When do you hear it In middle of night, or closing to sunrise ?
4. How long you keep hearing it ?
5. Is there a mosque near apartement ?
If you live in apartement
1. Is there nearby muslims neighbors around you ?
2. How long is distance from another apartment room to another ?
3. Is there a mosque near your apartement ?
4. When do you hear it In middle of night, or closing to sunrise ?
5. How long you keep hearing it ?
Sorry for my bad english

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I get something similar, but I can't make out what the noise is. It's just a low din, like chatter. I get it after I listen to loud music via headphones, or at least, that's when it's most noticable. Without musical intervention, I can only hear this din when it is completely silent and if I concentrate hard. I find meditating a challenge because of this noise. It was disturbing when I was a teenager, I would tell people I could hear something like chanting (when I was younger, it was definately more voice like, a bit like a native american chant) and they thought I needed help. Psychosis isn't happening here, I can assure you.

I have no fillings or metal in my head, an excellent hearing range and it's not coming from an external source. I can only explain it as being right in the middle of my head, yet audible to me.

I hope you get some answers, because I certainly haven't.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: It could be possibly Tinnitus [wiki]

Tinnitus ( /tɪˈnaɪtəs/ or /ˈtɪnɪtəs/; from the Latin word tinnītus meaning "ringing") is the perception of sound within the human ear in the absence of corresponding external sound.

Tinnitus is not a disease, but a symptom that can result from a wide range of underlying causes: abnormally loud sounds in the ear canal for even the briefest period (but usually with some duration), ear infections, foreign objects in the ear, nasal allergies that prevent (or induce) fluid drain, or wax build-up. Withdrawal from a benzodiazepine addiction may cause tinnitus as well. In-ear headphones, whose sound enters directly into the ear canal without any opportunity to be deflected or absorbed elsewhere, are a common cause of tinnitus when volume is set beyond modest or moderate levels.

Tinnitus can also be caused by natural hearing impairment (as in aging), as a side effect of some medications, and as a side effect of genetic (congenital) hearing loss. However, the most common cause is noise-induced hearing loss.

As tinnitus is usually a subjective phenomenon, it is difficult to measure using objective tests, such as by comparison with noise of known frequency and intensity, as in an audiometric test. The condition is often rated clinically on a simple scale from "slight" to "catastrophic" according to the practical difficulties it imposes, such as interference with sleep, quiet activities, and normal daily activities.

Tinnitus is common; about one in five people between 55 and 65 years old report symptoms on a general health questionnaire, and 11.8% on more detailed tinnitus-specific questionnaires.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Do you have fillings in your teeth?

I don't know this is weird or you have Indian neighbors and they put their music just loud enough for you to hear it muffled like?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by OmegaLogos

I'm 27 and I suffer from tinnitus. Only in my right ear though. Most of the time it doesn't bother me. But when I go to bed, that's when it will usually drive me crazy! Before I figured out that the constant ringing was coming from inside my ear, I thought it was my fan making the noise. (I always sleep with a fan on.) I use to suffer from sever ear infections as a child and had tubes installed. But the tubes in my right ear fell out. Yeah, that was an odd find.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Lack of sleep might be the issue. I assume since you haven't posted recently it's cleared up?
edit on 26-6-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I suffered a week long Psychosis due to an improper tapering of medication.

And hearing distant drum beats was how it started. It was like someone was playing some metal(Metalica or the like) and only the bass was getting through. It was constant and rythmic like jungle music.

I kept asking others if they heard music, i went outside and walked around trying to locate the source to no avail. I would hear it mostly during rest but also in my dreams. Insomnia was also a big part of it.

The Psychosis exsperince was a trip with many many volumes of things exsperienced( or percieved to exsperience) It felt like the spirit world and physical world where joining and i was aware of it all. It was that exsperince that led me here to ATS

I suffered PTS long after being very sensitive to different stimuli....like hearing bass notes far off in the distance.

edit on 27-6-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Given the fact that youre seeing things now too you probably either have a mental disorder, just having some hallucinations due to lack of sleep or you're a liar out for attention. Any could be possible given its ATS.
edit on 27-6-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join